• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

Godslay

Banned
Fan Duel is legit? I've been assuming it was barely more than a scam/money sink.

On some of the games, if you place in the top 50% you essentially double your money.

I'm not looking to win big, or even win at all. Just fun at this point. Trying to build a system around it, even if it doesn't pan out.

Solving a knapsack problem, pieces cannot be broken apart to fit in knapsack. Fastest algo to do it?

I've done it before in cubic time via bruteforce, a long time ago. Don't research it though, figured if you had something off the top of your head I'd ask.
Hahaha, just imagine you are trying to rob a store. You only have so much space in your duffle bag. You want to maximize the amount of money that you come out with given the size of your dufflebag.

What combination of things in the store do you put in your bag to maximize the value?

Same would apply to Fan Duel. If you can come up with a decent ranking system for each player you can maximize the points value while keeping it under the salary cap. Probably won't win any money, but I got sucked into at work so I figured I would give this a shot.

Problem is, I haven't touched a knapsack problem since school. So, I'm not exactly sure what algorithm would help me do it the fastest instead of waiting for my computer for 6 hours or something to crunch numbers basically.

Sorry if I threw you off Elf, no pressure to answer. Figured it would be down your alley.
Nothing off the top of my head. (part of it is that I've been out of college for too long...)

Usually I'll throw together a stupid heuristic (aka "a guess"), and iterate on it until I can find a local maximum that looks good enough. Or just brute force it if the data set is small enough (and it might be here)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
We have an opening position as a Texans fan. Must like anime. PM Mech for more details.

edit: no wienke allowed

Cobb's out for a while.. Doubt he gets picked up.
I haven't read anything that suggests Cobb's out for anything past week 1.

re: Jones for Lafell, the question I have is how much time JJ will see past the first couple weeks. He's been cut twice in the last year, he's not going to be a world beater. (though A-Rodge will probably make him look great while he's in)

Godslay

Banned
Nothing off the top of my head. (part of it is that I've been out of college for too long...)

Usually I'll throw together a stupid heuristic (aka "a guess"), and iterate on it until I can find a local maximum that looks good enough. Or just brute force it if the data set is small enough (and it might be here)

I know that feeling. I'm might just brute force it and let it run while I'm at work. Maybe it won't take that long though because I can trim the lower end and not worry about those players with low values.

Totally random question I'm sure, thanks though.

re: Jones for Lafell, the question I have is how much time JJ will see past the first couple weeks. He's been cut twice in the last year, he's not going to be a world beater. (though A-Rodge will probably make him look great while he's in)

Then yahoo lied to me.. You bastards yahoo.

ACE 1991

Yeah, I don't think Cobb is going to be out for a while (fingers crossed). Not sure who I should drop Lafell for, everything left is trash.

brentech

Should I drop brandon lafell and snag james jones? I have Cobb on my team too though, so idk if it's a good idea.
I don't know where Lafell sits on the depth chart, but Jones should be 3 or 4 on the Packers. Last few years I have considered Cobb and Nelson 1a and 1b. Rodgers going to throw to who is open. Not usually the type to bypass a guy because he has dropped or anything. So Packers receivers can be pretty unreliable in FF.
That said, Cobb should be great if other receivers are doing their part. I think Devonte Adams, should, be the #2 FF receiver for the Packers this year.

Yup. Damn what a coincidence. Longwood University.. where the campus is 70% female. What year did your sister graduate?

Also My Fantasy Draft Results..

QB 1- A-Aron Munn

WR 1 Amari Cooper
WR 2 Demariyus
WR 3 Larry Fitzgerald

RB 1 T.J Yeldon
RB 2 Johnathan Stewart

TE Greg Olsen

Bench
Victor Cruz
Charles Clay
Reggie Bush
Alfred Blue
Dorial Green-Beckham

And my Backup QB is Kas' Hero

Kickers- Mason Crosby

Defense- Chiefs

How bad did I do GAF?

So you're the asshole that took Olsen and Cooper ahead of me.

I like my team other than WR but that's why I drafted 6 of them:

QB - Matt Ryan
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 - Keenan Allen
WR3 - Steve Smith Sr.
TE - Owen Daniels
Defense - Patriots
Kicker - Nick Folk

Bench:

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - LeGarrette Blount
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Tyler Lockett
TE - Larry Donnell

do not listen to this person

Yup don't. I'm wrong in another thing again.

So you're the asshole that took Olsen and Cooper ahead of me.

I like my team other than WR but that's why I drafted 6 of them:

QB - Matt Ryan
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 - Keenan Allen
WR3 - Steve Smith Sr.
TE - Owen Daniels
Defense - Patriots
Kicker - Nick Folk

Bench:

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - LeGarrette Blount
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Tyler Lockett
TE - Larry Donnell

You have Charles and Blount on your bench. I don't feel sorry for you. Plus your wr look pretty good without them.

Line is gone? =/

Sad Karen.

tumblr_nmop19shME1rzyhcoo1_500.jpg

This is the closest thing to a sad Karen picture. lol

ye

edit: is line gone forever or nah?

Not answering on twitter

Is anyone really gone forever from the site?

I want to say it was 2012 but I'm not positive. She was a psychology major. That's a pretty cool school from what I recall. I actually grew up nearby in Lynchburg.

I was a freshmen there in 2011 and graduated this year. My ex was a psych major. Did you go to liberty? Or did you go to VT?

well jdez jr i meant his account named line

I don't know who this is drunky

I was a freshmen there in 2011 and graduated this year. My ex was a psych major. Did you go to liberty? Or did you go to VT?
This is kind of freaky. We need more degrees of separation. ;)

I graduated from VT in 2010. Got to see the Tyrod era firsthand! Sadly VT has kind of sucked since, abysmal offense and the patented defense has even gone down in quality. Not looking forward to tomorrow night's beatdown at the hands of OSU...

jakncoke

Banned
I thought he didn't have one and just went and went and quit the site or was that buckethead?

So we can expect a Jak jr?

nah fuck it, if yall dont want me around screw you im awesome and i know it i dont need gaf mods to confirm or deny that because of small penis complex or bloody months

My alt is jakncoke

let that sink in

What a twist!

buckethead had life to do with. Lunchbox pretended to be a mult millionaire and had at least a couple alts prob more some banned some not

I don't know the whole history of the people banned forever so I enjoy hearing these

This is kind of freaky. We need more degrees of separation. ;)

I graduated from VT in 2010. Got to see the Tyrod era firsthand!

Yup.. Sorry about that tomorrow (not really though)

Also Jak, if you were ever kicked off the site.. I honestly think the thread dies.. You basically are an institution.

Also let's all bow our heads.. And remember Brother Line.

jakncoke

Banned
What a twist!

I don't know the whole history of the people banned forever so I enjoy hearing these

If you're genuine not a alt just say gaf has its "grey" areas and black and white and unwritten and beyond that and everything inbetween good enough to get you banned for a week a day or a lifetime

yeah and I'm they claimed a share of the Championship since they were the only team to beat tOSU ;p

This will always be VT's GOAT highlight:

ykxcShg.jpg

Bread

Banned
it's cheat juice, what the fuck do you think? he pours the juice on his hand and it helps him to cheat more effectively.

Top Bottom