• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

RBH

2015 predictions from Peter King:

AFC division winners: New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Kansas City.
Wild Cards: Denver, Miami.

NFC division winners: Philadelphia, Green Bay, Atlanta, Seattle.
Wild Cards: Arizona, Dallas.

AFC Championship: Baltimore 27, Denver 20.
NFC Championship: Green Bay 30, Philadelphia 26.

Super Bowl 50: Green Bay 31, Baltimore 27.

The awards:

MVP: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota.
Offensive player: Peterson.
Defensive player: J.J. Watt, Houston.
Offensive rookie: Marcus Mariota, Tennessee.
Defensive rookie: Randy Gregory, Dallas.
Coach: Dan Quinn, Atlanta.
Executive: John Dorsey, Kansas City.
Comeback player: NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/06/super-bowl-50-prediction-ravens-packers-nfl

I don't think these are official but pretty accurate projections.

Farmer starts his ban in a few hours I believe, aka his 30 day drinking binge. Hopefully he takes this time to reflect.

Reflect over his resume so he can send it to other teams.

i hope that next draft he actually does well with getting first round talent because god.. Depressing because he has done well in the later rounds.

Also Good morning football fans. Are we ready to see the national champions start their quest to repeat?

bionic77

The awards:

As a Steelers fan I am really happy by this.

Sorry Packers and Ravens fans (I am not really sorry)!

That is cruel to get BLarrys hopes up like that.

How would you feel if I mistakenly told you that the Jets owner died and was being replaced by a competent member of the family?

Flacco will still win the division though I think because the bungles sure as shit will find a way to fuck it up.

Pittsburgh just misses the wild card again

RBH hmmmm I see who got that coaching award on that list.... Hmm

It's okay cause stone cold Pettine will win it :)

if Haslem changes his mind after he said he wouldn't..

Godslay

Banned

The awards:

Wildcard playoff spot, and KC winning the division and getting eliminated before us?

I'll take it.

RBH

RBH hmmmm I see who got that coaching award on that list.... Hmm

BejXL_HCUAA3obu.jpg

bionic77

Flacco will still win the division though I think because the bungles sure as shit will find a way to fuck it up.

Pittsburgh just misses the wild card again
I could be wrong but the North looks very trashy and Pittsburgh looks like the only team that MIGHT become something somewhat good by the end of the season.

That said the fuckface coach they have for Baltimore is pretty good and I wouldn't be surprised if they thugged their way to another division and a deep playoff run.

MechDX

So since King made his prediction we will finally get parity in the league and all the typical playoff contenders will start to falter.

Aka: king is never right and the opposite pretty much happens.

I could be wrong but the North looks very trashy and Pittsburgh looks like the only team that MIGHT become something somewhat good by the end of the season.

That said the fuckface coach they have for Baltimore is pretty good and I wouldn't be surprised if they thugged their way to another division and a deep playoff run.

You are. If Pitt's defense was competitive.. (There is time for them to be just mediocre or hopefully average). They win the division over the bungles. But it will probably come down to the bungles and the ratbirds and I believe in Flacco and the Good Harbaugh over Ginger and Mary-Anne in Cincy

Beach

Dissapointed how Derek Carr took a step back this preseason. My expectations for him went from a great QB (Palmer in prime before injury) to hoping for a better than average Qb (Tannehill/Dalton).

Hoping that the preseason was just a mirage in that sense. Cooper and others hopefully carry him out of the slump.

Happy labor day all.

Atlanta's the new hot shit to hype up in the NFC South I see.

Cats got tired of praying that the Bucs would be a dark horse team every. single. freaking. year and jumped on a new wave.

bionic77

You are. If Pitt's defense was competitive.. (There is time for them to be just mediocre or hopefully average). They win the division over the bungles. But it will probably come down to the bungles and the ratbirds and I believe in Flacco and the Good Harbaugh over Ginger and Mary-Anne in Cincy
We won with just offense last year.

If our offensive stars were not made of glass or getting suspended for doobie I think we could have done even better this year.

On the brighter side of things, being a pot head doesn't carry with it the same stigma as being a cheating and racist bastard.

Godslay

Banned
This scenario requires the first win for the Chiefs in 3 years. Sounds interesting and cool!

He was interviewed when he came through Denver to watch part of the preseason. He thought that the Denver defense was better than the KC defense from what he saw of the two this year.

That means that if we can get Alex Smith level production out of Peyton we should be just fine.

I'm fine with a playoff berth. KC has been pegged by various media members to win the division for several years now, maybe Alex will finally get them there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The awards:

I know he's a huge jinx but nothing in those predictions is easy to disagree with besides Peterson winning the MVP.

Crisco

Banned

Cats got tired of praying that the Bucs would be a dark horse team every. single. freaking. year and jumped on a new wave.

Yeah I don't get it. I probably like Matt Ryan more than most people, but what do they have besides him and Julio Jones? They have no running backs, the offensive line is still terrible, and they have no talent on defense. I'm ok with the Panthers flying under the radar, but our 53 is arguably better relative to the rest of the divison than it was the last 2 seasons. KB is a huge loss, no doubt, but I still like our WR group top to bottom and overall roster more than 2014.

Godslay

Banned
Not this year... not this year! Personally, I'm wishing for a 50th anniversary rematch, calling it here, SB 50 is KC vs. GB. BOOM!!!

It's always their year to win it, until it's not.

Denver has flaws, KC has flaws. I'm still trusting the fivehead to get it done. If Peyton plays at an Alex Smith level, you'll miss the playoffs again.

Crisco

Banned
Seahawks probably did the best job of keeping their talent intact than any of the other elite teams. Assuming the Kam situation works itself out, they should be the favorites. The AFC is a clusterfuck, which usually means a shitty team like the Steelers or Colts will make it to the Super Bowl.

dreamgiver032

Neo Member
He was interviewed when he came through Denver to watch part of the preseason. He thought that the Denver defense was better than the KC defense from what he saw of the two this year.

That means that if we can get Alex Smith level production out of Peyton we should be just fine.

I'm fine with a playoff berth. KC has been pegged by various media members to win the division for several years now, maybe Alex will finally get them there.

I mean, I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure the KC defense is probably easily top 3 in the league. And that quote reminds me of something my Steeler fan friends would come up with to justify their ailing team in moments of desperation... Kinda like us KC fans that believe Smith is an elite, potential SB wining QB, lol. (I believe, I BELIEVE!!!)

Hunter S.

Alex basically hardly ever turns it over while also never making big plays. He is a safe QB that would never work without his good defense. I expect Mannining to out perform Smith in most every way barring an major injury. Smith just has a smaller peak than Peyton.

I hope. :)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Seahawks probably did the best job of keeping their talent intact than any of the other elite teams. Assuming the Kam situation works itself out, they should be the favorites. The AFC is a clusterfuck, which usually means a shitty team like the Steelers or Colts will make it to the Super Bowl.

I like you.

It's always their year to win it, until it's not.

Denver has flaws, KC has flaws. I'm still trusting the fivehead to get it done. If Peyton plays at an Alex Smith level, you'll miss the playoffs again.

Is this some sort of Shtick you're playing or do you really have that little faith in Regular season Peyton?

Striker

I have mostly seen it going between the Panthers and Saints among most media I've gotten to listen to. All they do is praise Brees and Payton, but if they're going to win they'll have to be a running football team. Not sure if they'll have a good enough pass rush to keep up with the elite teams in the conference. Jordan is beastly but they don't have much else.

RBH

Yeah I don't get it. I probably like Matt Ryan more than most people, but what do they have besides him and Julio Jones? They have no running backs, the offensive line is still terrible, and they have no talent on defense. I'm ok with the Panthers flying under the radar, but our 53 is arguably better relative to the rest of the divison than it was the last 2 seasons. KB is a huge loss, no doubt, but I still like our WR group top to bottom and overall roster more than 2014.

Both of those are pretty silly blanket statements (with the second one being flat out untrue). No one has a clue how Coleman and Freeman are going to pan out, so to say that they're either going to thrive or flame out is premature. And with the amount of turnover that we have on defense (Clayborn, Schofield, Beasley) along with a new system, the defense is as just of a wild card as the whole team is, honestly.

The NFC South is such a toss-up at this point, and the Falcons may be the biggest wild card out of the whole division because of all of the turnover that has gone on. MNF is going to be really interesting to set the tone for the rest of the year.

MechDX

What about a good team with a shitty QB?

Patriots-Niners Superbowl.

Nobody scrub turned Golden Boy turned pariah turned Redeemed Hero Tom Brady goes home to face the Niners, who somehow overcame losing their best coach since Bill Walsh and half their team and make a miracle run, in the fiftieth edition of our nation's greatest and most important annual sports championship.

Goodell, call me for a quote on this screenplay.

Godslay

Banned
I mean, I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure the KC defense is probably easily top 3 in the league. And that quote reminds me of something my Steeler fan friends would come up with to justify their ailing team in moments of desperation... Kinda like us KC fans that believe Smith is an elite, potential SB wining QB, lol. (I believe, I BELIEVE!!!)

It's all paper at this point. If anything on this team shows improvement yoy, it's the defense. Guess we'll just have to see what happens on the field.

Is this some sort of Shtick you're playing or do you really have that little faith in Regular season Peyton?

His production should go down. New offense, shift towards more balance run/pass, more focus on ball/clock control.

I was just using Smith's as a baseline. If Manning can match Smith, KC probably isn't going anywhere if the Denver defense lives up to early hype.

Can he match Alex? I sure hope so, otherwise probably time to move on.

Top Bottom