• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Hey Mech, haven't been around much lately, what are your thoughts on B-rock so far?

Some good, some bad. Stands in the pocket, isnt afraid to take a shot, still learning the offense. Hard to get a full read right now for two reasons:

1) Hasnt had the starting o line out there with him due to injuries. This past Saturday he had one projected opening day starter on the o line playing

2) It will be a work in progress through week 4 of the regular season. Other then Hopkins every single skill player starter on offense is new to the system: Fuller, Braxton, Lamar Miller and Stephen Anderson.

When he does hit though you cant help but get excited:
http://i.imgur.com/qnoRyd7.gifv

Lamar Miller has sold me though. Got damn he is good!

BigAT

The one thing Hard Knocks continually makes clear is how dumb football players are when it comes to anything other than football.

That has certainly always been the case, but I still feel like this year is raising the bar. Between Goff and the guy that doesn't believe in dinosaurs (but does believe in mermaids?) it's a real impressive showing of ignorance.

Some good, some bad. Stands in the pocket, isnt afraid to take a shot, still learning the offense. Hard to get a full read right now for two reasons:

1) Hasnt had the starting o line out there with him due to injuries. This past Saturday he had one projected opening day starter on the o line playing

2) It will be a work in progress through week 4 of the regular season. Other then Hopkins every single skill player starter on offense is new to the system: Fuller, Braxton, Lamar Miller and Stephen Anderson.

When he does hit though you cant help but get excited:
http://i.imgur.com/qnoRyd7.gifv

Lamar Miller has sold me though. Got damn he is good!
Yeah, it's always hard to know much when you're dealing with camp reports and a few preseason games. Hopefully he works out, though. Definitely the most promise they've had at QB in a long time.

Lamar is a beast who was terribly underutilized in Miami and held back even farther by a trash o-line. He'll be great in Houston and I'll shed many tears because of it.

They don't know yet but he's questionable for week 1 :/
Dude is always hurt...

MechDX

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-rookie-D-J-9177039.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Heavy-handed and powerful at 6-3, 333 pounds, Texans rookie nose tackle D.J. Reader is quietly having a strong training camp.

"Sometimes I don't mention rookies that much, but Reader came in here and I'm not saying he's in tip top condition, but I think he's getting better," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "He's a productive football player. He's an active player."
Reader is being groomed behind five-time Pro Bowl nose tackle Vince Wilfork. Reader's father, David Reader, died from kidney disease two years ago.
"A lot of people go through things in life," Wilfork said. "He's a young man who went through something in life. I kind of put him in the same shoes as myself when I was in college.
"I think we're going to have a lot of bonding that we can do with one another, especially because he's a nose tackle. I'm here to teach in any way I could, in any capacity."

Reader has been pretty damn impressive especially for a 5th round draft choice. What Louis Nix was supposed to be until it was revealed he was a giant ass marshmallow. I read up on Reader after the Texans drafted him and losing his dad really hit him hard and got into his head. Good to see Vince openly and willingly kind of step into that mentor role. Cant really think of a player better suited for that.

tannehillstills-deep-2.gif

MechDX

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 46m46 minutes ago
Interesting: According to @McClain_on_NFL, Texans film QBs walking on & off field to see who is walking with them. Never heard that before.

Not "that" surprising.

First response to this tweet is gold though:
Dennis Anders ‏@frieshoo 24m24 minutes ago
@RossTuckerNFL @BobPapa_NFL @SiriusXMNFL This is who walks on the field with Leveon Bell
CqeMeJ8WcAA2aIz.jpg:large

Ded

Bread

Banned
I could make that throw in my sleep, who cares? I have lucid dreams sometime so I will get back to you when I'm able to do it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sometimes I lucid dream that the Browns go 8-8, and I type "we did it!" In this thread. It's dope

I was looking at the history of the Browns and the Browns of the past decade have not only been bad, they've been historically bad for the Browns.

BG...your team.

Woof!

Is it overreaction Monday? Are we allowed to overreact?

The preseason is showing that the Eagles D is legit as fuck. I mean, yeah yeah, you can say they've only faced a back up QB, but that back up QB got intercepted by back up DBs too. I am glad Nolan Carroll seems to have fully recovered from his ankle. His coverage in that game was insanely good.

Mindlog

Another shit season where maybe we win two more games, but at least we can laugh at the Falcons also being shit and the Panthers never ever getting that ring.

Go Bucs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom