• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

Mark apparently has a great personality and everyone loves his face, but damn; I do not think I am ready to put up with the turnovers from a quarterback unless you come close to Peyton's level. Brock was over paid and I think Seimian should start.

Hopefully a peaceful Slay returns.

QB Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins

The raw numbers suggest Dak Prescott should be here, but the key bad decision nullified by a penalty is hidden by his box score, but not his grades. Instead, Tannehill had a near-perfect outing in his first preseason action, scoring a pair of touchdowns, completing a fantastic pass on a corner route, and not earning a single negative-graded play against the Cowboys.

Winning 4 games this year is really gonna hurt.

gutshot

Is it overreaction Monday? Are we allowed to overreact?

The preseason is showing that the Eagles D is legit as fuck. I mean, yeah yeah, you can say they've only faced a back up QB, but that back up QB got intercepted by back up DBs too. I am glad Nolan Carroll seems to have fully recovered from his ankle. His coverage in that game was insanely good.

Too bad the offense is total shit. Gonna be a lot of low scoring games this season.

bionic77

I was looking at the history of the Browns and the Browns of the past decade have not only been bad, they've been historically bad for the Browns.

BG...your team.

Woof!
The Browns were actually not a joke before Modell stole them away to Baltimore.

Once Art clowned on them it seemed like everyone else in the league, nation and world followed his lead.

If you think shit is depressing now you should have seen Ohio when the Browns left. It is endless sunshine, free BJs and double rainbows now compared to that time.

When is the gaf pick 'em league be finalized and ready for sign up? I wanna be in it this year.

Chuck might want to add to front page

Pick'ems

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021
Password: (Quote to see)

Without:
Group ID: 6019

Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

For the Tacobell League I need emails (PM Me) so I can invite you to the group for all the new people:

Taco Bell League (closed)
Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd - Need Email
CrocMother - Need Email
Eleuin - Need Email
gutshot
PD
Fantomex - Need Email

Too bad the offense is total shit. Gonna be a lot of low scoring games this season.

Agreed, although the line looked pretty good, considering Johnson wasn't in, and the running game also looked very good. Given that KC had no WRs too, Doug Pederson actually has relevant experience to the Eagles situation. I hope we are pleasantly surprised and they aren't completely awful. I'm not changing my prediction of 7-9 on the season though. The schedule is just too hard for them to do more than that.

Hindl

Is it overreaction Monday? Are we allowed to overreact?

The preseason is showing that the Eagles D is legit as fuck. I mean, yeah yeah, you can say they've only faced a back up QB, but that back up QB got intercepted by back up DBs too. I am glad Nolan Carroll seems to have fully recovered from his ankle. His coverage in that game was insanely good.

I'm really excited that it looks like the D is shaping up the way people are expecting it to, but I'm tempering it with preseason, especially after last year. Still, I think this defense is gonna be great, although the lack of depth is worrying and will probably derail the season (not that this is a playoff season anyway).

Also, after looking at some tape breakdowns, I think our offense will be merely bad instead of catastrophic. Like high teens low 20s ranking

effzee

Man I am finally getting into football mode but have to say this is the least excited and optimistic I have been for an Eagles team since forever.

Doug Pederson. That is who my HC is.

Feels bad man :(

Man I am finally getting into football mode but have to say this is the least excited and optimistic I have been for an Eagles team since forever.

For all of the shitting on Doug Pederson that has been done this offseason he's looked fine and actually showed some interesting plays in the preseason. I think his decision making is fine. He's got experience in a situation with very poor WR play and I think he'll do a decent job working around it. I don't think it's the disaster that some people seem to think it is.

Sanjuro

Anyone else still watch Ballers?

Might be the most "just okay" show I've seen on HBO. Has all the elements to he great, but doesn't aspire to he anything greater.

Would be dead without Rob Corddry.

Winning 4 games this year is really gonna hurt.
Don't worry, I have some good excuses prepped for Tannehill. For instance, Brett Favre's only SB winning season:
Additionally, the Packers had the NFL's highest-scoring offense (456) and allowed the fewest points on defense (210). Green Bay was the first team to accomplish both feats in the same season since the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins. They finished the season with the number one ranked offense, defense, and special teams. They also set a then NFL record for the least amount of touchdowns allowed in a 16-game season, with 19. The Packers also allowed the fewest yards in the NFL and set a record for punt return yardage. Brett Favre won his second straight MVP award while also throwing for a career high and league leading 39 touchdown passes.
Wonder what a Dolphins team with the #1 ranked defense would look like...

Just me or does it seem like a larger number than normal amount of teams that are having issues at center?

Wouldn't know, we've had issues at Tackle, Guard and Center all at the same time for the last 6 years.

Don't worry, I have some good excuses prepped for Tannehill. For instance, Brett Favre's only SB winning season:

Wonder what a Dolphins team with the #1 ranked defense would look like...

Our defense under Nolan with what I assume will be a good Offense under Gase....we wouldn't even need brady to get suspended to take over the east.

Might be the most "just okay" show I've seen on HBO. Has all the elements to he great, but doesn't aspire to he anything greater.

I've been watching, mostly because they feature the Dolphins, it's pretty eh so far.

MechDX

http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/8...44-thoughts-on-saints-texans-jadeveon-clowney

2. By the way, on that same snap, Will Fuller absolutely flew by the slot corner. There was a safety over the top that likely would have taken away any deep ball attempt (yes, teams are already bracketing him), but his defender wasn’t even in the same zip code after the first 10-15 yards. This kid can flat out run.

9. Oh, and one last thing from that third and six play – I noticed a Saints safety literally sprint straight over the top of Will Fuller on the boundary as soon as the ball was snapped. He seemed like his one and only responsibility on that play was to not let Fuller’s corner get toasted on a go route. We’re less than five quarters into the preseason and it is already very clear to me that opposing defensive coordinators are absolutely terrified of #15. I kind of don’t blame them.

Said it yesterday but the Texans starting skill players of Lamar Miller, Nuk, Braxton, Will Fuller and Stephen Anderson have HUGE potential. Its all on Brock to basically just play point guard and distribute the ball to the playmakers.

The other thing of note? All those players I just listed are ALL under 26 years old and with the exception of Nuk under contract for the next 4-5 years

Trying to contain excitement but O'Brien has really remade this roster to fit his wants

Bread

Banned
Ballers is like entourage without the charm...wait...

entourage without the...uhhhh...what did entourage have again?

Ballers looks terrible

snes banned again

I can't add that to the front page. Remove the quotes.

Pick'ems

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021

Without:
Group ID: 6019

Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

For the Tacobell League I need emails (PM Me) so I can invite you to the group for all the new people:

Taco Bell League (closed)
Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd - Need Email
CrocMother - Need Email
Eleuin - Need Email
gutshot
PD
Fantomex - Need Email

I am right there with you. This is worse then the kotite hire.

Hindl

According to NFL source, Colts conducting a workout w free agent CB Antonio Cromartie, other DBs. Vontae Davis injury is a major issue.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/767771677191245824

What happened to Davis?

Looks like an ankle problem:

As for Vontae Davis, he rolled an ankle in practice on Thursday and it started to swell up a little bit, so the Colts again wanted to be cautious and hold their top cornerback out of a meaningless preseason game.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/...obert-mathis-didn-t-play-saturday-night-colts

Mark apparently has a great personality and everyone loves his face, but damn; I do not think I am ready to put up with the turnovers from a quarterback unless you come close to Peyton's level. Brock was over paid and I think Seimian should start.

Hopefully a peaceful Slay returns.

Seimian threw an awful interception though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of fantasy football, I was going to kill the straggler's league, but I see it's full. I'm guessing everyone auto-renewed, but is there interest in playing? I'll get a draft set up, if so.

Zeke

I'm so hyped about Dak, I really hope he works out. It would be great to have a replacement ready for Romo. I wish Elliot would play already the wait is killing me. Cowboys are deep at RB this season I love it. My only real worry on offense is Smith dealing with a stinger I don't want that injury to nag him all season.

Hunter S.

Seimian threw an awful interception though.

Yeah, a great showing by both guys of why the turnover battle wins games. Last season was a great example.

If I recall correctly, the NFC ties the AFC with wins from this week. Both are batting .500...
NFC sucks bitch balls.

Bitanator

I'm so hyped about Dak, I really hope he works out. It would be great to have a replacement ready for Romo. I wish Elliot would play already the wait is killing me. Cowboys are deep at RB this season I love it. My only real worry on offense is Smith dealing with a stinger I don't want that injury to nag him all season.

He is full participant in practice man, no worries, I was a bit concern for the sake of linemen consistency which is what we were dealing with early last season since one or the other was sporting some kind of nag in training camp. Expect him to play Thursday

Zeke

Honestly I'd they just hold him out of preseason and play it safe. I don't fully trust Green to get Romo killed on the field.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Browns were actually not a joke before Modell stole them away to Baltimore.

Once Art clowned on them it seemed like everyone else in the league, nation and world followed his lead.

If you think shit is depressing now you should have seen Ohio when the Browns left. It is endless sunshine, free BJs and double rainbows now compared to that time.

Yeah it was weird to see that the Browns were good in the mid 80s.

It's just that looking at their history, their suckiness probably can't last forever!

I got into the first season but, like you, I kept waiting for it to get really good. That dudes best friend from the streets is really the only consistent villain in the show.

It has so much potential but not a lot happens.

I just realized something.

In a season where we lost to the Packers in Super Bowl XLV, the loss that angers me the most that season was against the Asterisks.

Hatred is a powerful thing.

So I'm in Florida now.

oBDT5JQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom