• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
bionic is every 80s comedy villain ever?

kurt-fuller-5.jpg

Happy 10 Years of Uncle Rog

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

The most prosperous era
for the owners and daily fantasy sports sites
in the history of the National Football League.

Here's to 10 more!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Happy 10 Years of Uncle Rog

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

The most prosperous era
for the owners and daily fantasy sports sites
in the history of the National Football League.

Here's to 10 more!

Eh, the players are doing pretty well for themselves provided that they're not pot smokers, overly aggressive (on the field), or proven cheats.

The fans are getting a good product if you prefer offense also. Although defense has been winning rings lately!

Taco Bell League
Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd

Alright, added.

:jnc

Since he got banned I have no idea if he's going to play again, and PD was Stafford Windows, Chuck is Stafford is Fat.

This is a laid back league, right? Any stakes? I can show up for a draft although I prob will have no preparation.

My team: Romo is Not Fat

bionic77

Eh, the players are doing pretty well for themselves provided that they're not pot smokers, overly aggressive (on the field), or proven cheats.

The fans are getting a good product if you prefer offense also. Although defense has been winning rings lately!
This is killing the Steelers. :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is killing the Steelers. :(

The aggressiveness on the field used to be your big killer too.

If only your team would limit their craziness to knocking out girlfriends in the elevator or threatening them with bleach, you'd be okay.

bionic77

The aggressiveness on the field used to be your big killer too.

If only your team would limit their craziness to knocking out girlfriends in the elevator or threatening them with bleach, you'd be okay.
Ah the old days of when we used to knock out players coming over the middle.

Thank God that we can't tackle on defense anymore so that should be a thing of the past (other than Shazier, God bless his destructive little heart).

Speaking of off the field issues, James Harrison has always been a lunatic and I am surprised he has never been involved in more crazy shit off the field. I think thankfully he spends all of his time working out, eating steroids and talking shit to the media about Goodell so I don't think he has time left to rob banks or any of the other shit I am terrified he is going to do once he retires. I really hope he doesn't do something like that because otherwise he is one of my favorite players of all time.

Ah the old days of when we used to knock out players coming over the middle.

Thank God that we can't tackle on defense anymore so that should be a thing of the past (other than Shazier, God bless his destructive little heart).

Speaking of off the field issues, James Harrison has always been a lunatic and I am surprised he has never been involved in more crazy shit off the field. I think thankfully he spends all of his time working out, eating steroids and talking shit to the media about Goodell so I don't think he has time left to rob banks or any of the other shit I am terrified he is going to do once he retires. I really hope he doesn't do something like that because otherwise he is one of my favorite players of all time.
Of course he is.

Where does McCown have the best chance of starting the most games, DAL or CLE?

Romo injury vs. RGIII being benched. Tough call.

Weren't we all complaining about the quality of the product last season? Or did I misremember?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Weren't we all complaining about the quality of the product last season? Or did I misremember?

Last season was weird. I think the league is doing a good job of keeping the product interesting (more scoring sadly) but they can only do so much when the players coming out of college are just fucking clueless in a pro style offense.

Fox318

Somebody needs to explain to me why thousands to billions of people need to die in every summer blcokbuster movie..

In the recent star trek and in every DC super hero movie.

Crisco

Banned
Didn't a lot more starting QBs get injured last year than normal? It certainly seemed like it, at least on teams that normally should have been very competitive.

Fox318

Because modern Superman has problems.

In the 2nd star trek movie a space ship crashes into a populated san fansico killing billions.

In the Avengers an alien invasion happens in new york with population of over 10 million.

And in both they laugh it off by drinking

How many have to die so that people think a film is epic?

Didn't a lot more starting QBs get injured last year than normal? It certainly seemed like it, at least on teams that normally should have been very competitive.

Not only injuries but benchings too. Peyton Manning got benched, the whole Texans and Cowboys backup fiascos. Weird year.

Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet
The #Dolphins have waived/injured CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (knee), who was cleared to practice but apparently unable to return to form.

@RapSheet
#Dolphins actually waived/injured CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu when he tore his other ACL in practice. His cleat got caught in the indoor turf
Sucks. Former college standout and probable 1st round pick in 2015 before his injury (actually believe he got injured in a bowl game). went in the 6th or 7th rd I believe

He did have one of those injury policies if he fell in the draft though for those wondering

Hunter S.

Not only injuries but benchings too. Peyton Manning got benched, the whole Texans and Cowboys backup fiascos. Weird year.
Meh, he was injured in his foot... He had a tear in his plantar fascia. If you read about it, it is very painful and takes 4-6 weeks to heal. But hey, at least Osweiller was able to defeat the Patriots, for the good of all mankind.

Sanjuro

In the 2nd star trek movie a space ship crashes into a populated san fansico killing billions.

In the Avengers an alien invasion happens in new york with population of over 10 million.

And in both they laugh it off by drinking

How many have to die so that people think a film is epic?

9/11 was a real bitch creatively.

Duxxy3

Last season was weird. I think the league is doing a good job of keeping the product interesting (more scoring sadly) but they can only do so much when the players coming out of college are just fucking clueless in a pro style offense.

Because there's a huge gap between draft day and camp. They need to give the coaching staff more prep time with the rookies.

Spinluck

Meh, he was injured in his foot... He had a tear in his plantar fascia. If you read about it, it is very painful and takes 4-6 weeks to heal. But hey, at least Osweiller was able to defeat the Patriots, for the good of all mankind.

That Pats win was actually huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom