• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Good to know that Cameron DaSilva of FOX Sports is on the shitlist of Broncos dicksucking narrative. Must be pretty difficult trying to copy off of La Canfora and Ross Tucker in August before the rest of the Preseason games begin.

Picked up some PSN credit. Ready for No Man's Sky.

Honestly the last two years I was 50/50 on it but even pre-patch I was liking what the streams were showing.

Good to know that Cameron DaSilva of FOX Sports is on the shitlist of Broncos dicksucking narrative. Must be pretty difficult trying to copy off of La Canfora and Ross Tucker in August before the rest of the Preseason games begin.

Link?

I'm afraid to google "Cameron DaSilva Broncos dicksucking narrative" on my work computer.

Pretty much everyone on Twitter Sunday night agreed that it was embarrassing for the NFL that the Hall of Fame game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts had to be canceled because of field conditions.

While there was a report that the wrong paint was used on the field, a league source says it was more of a timing problem.

According to the source, the field was painted five weeks ago and then the Teraplast squares – the 4-foot by 4-foot molded plastic pieces used to cover fields for events like concerts or a Hall of Fame induction ceremony – were placed before the paint was completely dry.

Because of that, the grass fibers stuck together and hardened, causing the problem.

The source said workers used the grooming equipment to try to remedy the problem, but it did not help.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hall-o...een-matter-of-timing-not-paint-145037234.html

Hindl

Wentz is going to play bulk of the 2nd half against Tampa Thursday. Excited to see him but not expecting much, sounds like he's had a rough few days of training camp

This is a laid back league, right? Any stakes? I can show up for a draft although I prob will have no preparation.

My team: Romo is Not Fat

Yup, although you do get a prize at the end but no stakes we just play for fun. And don't worry we don't really prepare either lol

Taco Bell League
Pepiope
Floyd
sf2fanatic
bigosc2k
unknownstranger
chris
Chuckddd
CrocMother

Here is the list from last year, so far we have two new players so I'll delete those that don't show up by Friday

ULgfpTj.jpg

bionic77

They just won the Super Bowl, does it really count as unnecessary dick sucking?
They are not even a top 3 team in most Power Rankings. They lost the greatest qb of all time (according to Peter King and 2 of 3 of Peytons kids) and the next qb thought they were so bad that he ran away to Houston. A team whose two biggest achievements are beating the Steelers despite having like only 10 yards on offense and JJ Watt's twitter account. The sky is definitely falling and they ain't shit.

These days if you don't win at least 3 SBs in a row by a margin of at least 20 points each time then you are always in danger of being labeled as a fraud by the insane people that make up the internet.

Bread

Banned
lmao at that turnover

creeps league the worst! can't even keep the same players from the last year smh.

shirtless for life!

Milchjon

According to several sources familiar with the field preparation, things went awry after the subsequent painting of logos in the middle of the field and in the end zones on Sunday. Improper paint may have been used, and when it did not seem to be drying quickly enough, someone apparently made the dubious decision to heat the field in an effort to dry it — thus melting the rubber pellets inside the FieldTurf and creating a slick, sticky and (in Baker’s words) “congealed” effect.

At one point about 2.5 hours before the game, stadium workers applied a substance that appeared to be paint thinner in an effort to remedy the issue. However, according to a Packers source, one Green Bay employee noticed a label that warned of severe burns when exposed to skin and took a photo of it, showing it to others after the teams later retreated to their respective locker rooms.

How very Ohio

Josh Norman signed a 1 year deal to make appearances on FOX. (At least 10 over the year plus probably sitting at the desk for their Countdown show on the Washington NFL Franchise's bye week)

Also as President of NFL-GAF, I love all of the fantasy leagues equally.

Dutch signed me to a deal to hawk Shirtless tho....

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...got-bent-out-of-shape-over-benching/#comments

Elway told the Denver Post he wasn’t crazy about Osweiler’s response to the team’s decision, which resulted in Osweiler spending the playoffs on the sideline and Manning starting as the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

“I can understand that he didn’t want to sit down and have Peyton come back in that San Diego game, but it wasn’t the fact that Brock was playing bad,” Elway said. “We needed a change of something. So I was a little surprised just how he seemed to be a little bent out of shape about that. But he had an opportunity to make a tremendous amount of money in Houston, and for us, it just didn’t fit.”

Didnt fit even though you had a 16.5 million per year offer on the table (vs. Texans 17)? Ben Allbright came on local sports radio a few weeks ago and stated he knew for a fact Denver had an $18 mill per year matching offer ready but Brock wouldnt respond when they contacted him.

Let it go John. Let it go.

MechDX

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/07/nfl-hall-of-fame-game-cancelled-training-camp-tour

Sunday was punter Shane Lechler’s 40th birthday. On Sunday night, O’Brien and players Vince Wilfork, Brian Cushing and Johnathan Joseph called Lechler to the front of the team auditorium, gave him a cake shaped like the number 40, and also got him a walker, some Rogaine, and those Steph Curry sneakers people think look old-fashioned. Then the teams sang him Happy Birthday. He’s coming off a season in which he avearged 47.3 yard per punt, fifth in the league, and no one here is trying to nudge him into retirement. In 16 seasons, the 47.3-yard average is better than any of his first six NFL seasons, and just two-tenths of a yard off his career average. Here’s how long he’s been around: Lechler’s had beers with Ken Stabler. “I’m not in any mood to start growing up,” he said.

#Olds

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've said it many times.

Things were in order and right when DM and myself battled it out for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom