• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Two things about this make it so terrible.

Teddy is such a great guy and he doesn't deserve this shit. Possibly career threatening? Fuck that.

And for the first time since 09 Vikings fans were collectively half-hopeful about this season and the future as a whole. With Shaun Hill as the guy, there is no way this team does better than 9-7 at best.

Whatever the extent of the injury, it's going to be pretty demoralizing to the team for sure. I hope this isn't a career ending injury, especially at his age.

MechDX

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 8m8 minutes ago
Report from eye witness at #Vikings camp. QB Teddy Bridgewater "his leg snapped and his knee was flailing around" @FOX29philly

Zeke

Dude had to be in agonizing pain to get sedated for an mri. I feel so bad for the dude I really hope he comes back from this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Who the hell picks the Vikings and Cowboys to be fans of?

AFC and an NFC team maybe but two teams from the same conference?

Says the fan of both Brady and the Texans. Hmm.

The point being that clearly not.trejo's dad is a bigger jinx than you or squicken.

Rappaport indicating that players were staggering away and vomiting. Ugh.

Sounds like a Marcus Lattimore / Napoleon McCallum type thing....

edit: yep

Report from eye witness at #Vikings camp. QB Teddy Bridgewater "his leg snapped and his knee was flailing around" @FOX29philly

Fox318

mdFfa.gif

Zeke

I wonder what he was going when it happened. Was running and trying to juke a player, dropping back and planting his foot? It just sounds so crazy.

MechDX

What the fuck does this even mean? How does ones knee "flail around"?

flail
[flāl]
NOUN
a threshing tool consisting of a wooden staff with a short heavy stick swinging from it.
VERB
wave or swing or cause to wave or swing wildly:
"his arms were flailing helplessly" · [more]

Tankard

What the fuck..
This is disturbing, i feel sorry for the Vikings, but now i'm even more worried about Teddy's day to day life, i hope this is not career ending and something that will damage him long term.

Eleuin

Makes that report of those players praying over him sound even weirder

damn that sucks about teddy B. I don't think he is elite, but i think he is a good QB for that team. at the start of last year (heading into playing the vikings opening week) i said he was average at best QB and we would beat up on them week 1. well, that happened, but over the course of the season it was pretty clear that he played within that system and was a big part of their success/making the playoffs. bummed to see hear about this and i hope it's not more serious than just this season.

in other news (for niners fans!) bruce ellington is out for the year. drats

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dunno if his whole career is *technically* over. He'll be able to hold a clipboard and play backup for a few years if it's repaired well enough.

Since the injury will put a permanent skill cap on him, there will definitely be lots of "what could have been" going on though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom