• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

CrJZkMmW8AEWTtG.jpg

full word on the injury

brentech

Dude is only 23 or whatnot, I wouldn't say never. I like to believe in people. But he's going to miss some very real prime development time if he does get back into it.

Tankard

I'm glad it was "only" an ACL and no nerve damage, it was starting to look like it was a career ending thing.

Wishing him a full recovery, Teddy is a class act.

It's all over. Hearts out to Vikings fans and Teddy. Can't imagine where the franchise goes from here, you basically have to start all over again

Glad he avoided the worst case scenario.

I think he'll make it back. Best of luck, Teddy.

That is a little premature. Let's see how he recovers first.

Surprising amount of people who don't know basic anatomy or statistics or have ever followed sports when someone gets hurt

When the only person in league history who had his knee completely shredded and ever was the same again was a RB (who went on to have one good year left after having to change his play style and never being the same and then became a human piece of shit), there's nothing premature, there's no best case. He'll come back, but his play style will change, he will always be at higher risk of it being destroyed again, and he will be aware of that. These aren't anomalies, these are statistical facts. He will literally never be the same again

If you have never seen a knee disintegrate and heard or followed the recovery and aftermath, that's fine. But, you know, admit that. Don't assume "oh everything's peachy full recovery". That's not now, nor has that ever been, how this injury or its recovery or the toll it takes works and it's as fallacious as saying "oh broken neck but the surgery was successful! everything's great!"

Surprising amount of people who don't know basic anatomy or statistics or have ever followed sports when someone gets hurt

When the only person in league history who had his knee completely shredded and ever was the same again was a RB (who went on to have one good year left after having to change his play style and never being the same and then became a human piece of shit), there's nothing premature, there's no best case. He'll come back, but his play style will change, he will always be at higher risk of it being destroyed again, and he will be aware of that. These aren't anomalies, these are statistical facts. He will literally never be the same again

If you have never seen a knee disintegrate and heard or followed the recovery and aftermath, that's fine. But, you know, admit that. Don't assume "oh everything's peachy full recovery". That's not now, nor has that ever been, how this injury or its recovery or the toll it takes works and it's as fallacious as saying "oh broken neck but the surgery was successful! everything's great!"
Moral high horse because you're counting a guy out at 23 and we're not. Cool.

HGH heals all, get with the program already..

counting a guy out at 23 and we're not. Cool.

- said about Lattimore, same situation, same age, same one in a billion chance, same never the same again. Tell him how cool that was and how right you were, please by all means. He would love to hear he can go back in the league now with your clearance

Farooq

Banned

You said it's over and the franchise has to start over. I never said he would be the same, but the QB position doesn't require the movement or athleticism of other skill positions.

Lattimore as far as I can recall had nerve involvement.

- said about Lattimore, same situation, same age, same one in a billion chance, same never the same again. Tell him how cool that was and how right you were, please by all means. He would love to hear he can go back in the league now with your clearance
Did Lattimore have nerve damage?

Was his position quarterback?

Is his name Teddy Bridgewater and was he injured in 2016?

What makes his case any more predictive than, say, Carson Palmer's?

e: Or Tom Brady's?
e2: How about Gronk?

Crisco

Banned
I mean, if its just the ACL and some torn cartilage, he should be fine. They didn't mention any other ligaments or the patellar tendon. Sucks to lose a season but he should be pretty much the same player when he comes back. Might actually give him a chance to bulk up the upper body and not be such a skinny shit.

Pepiope

I mean, if its just the ACL and some torn cartilage, he should be fine. They didn't mention any other ligaments or the patellar tendon. Sucks to lose a season but he should be pretty much the same player when he comes back. Might actually give him a chance to bulk up the upper body and not be such a skinny shit.
He just has to look at Sammy B for inspiration. He can come back from this and succeed!

Hindl

Given the timing, I'd at least expect him to miss part of 2017 too, perhaps even all of it depending on the extend of the other knee damage and his recovery. But I'm more optimistic that he can actually have a career than I was earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom