• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I am so excited for Wentz. He played in a pro-style offense in college, unlike many QBs. He took snaps under center. He just didn't take as many of them as you would like to see.

No college player will. The benefits of teaching a college QB a pro style offense will diminish even more over time, especially as college coaches continue to get paid so exorbitantly. They don't care if little Johnny knows how to be an effective QB. All they care about is that their offense runs smoothly. Just ask Tim Tebow, Terrelle Pryor, and Braxton Miller.

I just had a peach as part of my lunch. They are the best fruit. Peaches are basically the Antonio Brown of fruit.

No.

choosing.jpg

Bitanator

Damn lack of 1st :( if he fell to the 2nd I'd love him but I doubt that. Luckily between him, Cook, McCaffrey, Chubb, and others, someone should fall to the 2nd. Goddamn 2017 is stacked for RBs

They're good and young and also pretty deep. They should be able to carry the team to a few wins, although like we saw in the playoffs, without an offense they won't be able to get deep in the postseason

I forgot about your lack of first. Great RB coming out though

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 1h1 hour ago

As I reported yesterday, the #Vikings have contacted the Denver #Broncos about a trade for Mark Sanchez.

#Pray4slo

Fml. That's dumb.

They better at least try to play Hill through the bye week so at the very least Sanchez can learn the playbook.

Ugh I'd even prefer Geno.

gutshot

As I reported yesterday, the #Vikings have contacted the Denver #Broncos about a trade for Mark Sanchez.

#Pray4slo

Ben Allbright is one of the worst NFL reporters. He will literally report everything. Even if it has a less than 1% chance of actually happening.

#Pray4slo

This cant be real. How could another team want him after he was terrible in Philly and awful in Denver.

BigAT

This cant be real. How could another team want him after he was terrible in Philly and awful in Denver.

Desperation causes teams to do really stupid things when it comes to quarterbacks. Front offices push too hard and make foolish moves in an attempt to fix the problem.

One team even traded draft picks for Sam Bradford!

Doomsayer

Hey Minnesota,

We have a very used and slightly damaged Colin Kaepernick for trade. He can run and occasionally throw a pass that isn't terrible. Comes with tattoos and can also double as Squidward at your children's parties. All we ask for in return is a 3rd round pick, you may be able to give us a 4th. Did we mention he can throw footballs 60 mph?

From the Cosell article posted earlier:
. At Mississippi State he had a tendency to drift and throw off balance. I saw that on a touchdown to Dez Bryant in his second preseason game. Prescott didn’t set his feet and drifted to his left. This was on his Mississippi State film too. His throw was not accurate but Bryant’s stutter-go route beat cornerback Byron Maxwell so easily that it was still a touchdown.

Lol Maxwell

BigAT

Eagles fans can officially watch their team not draft anyone next year:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Back in April, ESPN reported Philly was the leading contender to host the 2017 draft. On Thursday, it will become official. Philly, 2017.

Wonder if Goodell will install some battery-proof netting around the stage.

Eagles fans can officially watch their team not draft anyone:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Back in April, ESPN reported Philly was the leading contender to host the 2017 draft. On Thursday, it will become official. Philly, 2017.

I have no doubt at all that Howie will give up a bunch of picks to move back into the 1st round now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
C'mon, Vikings, wouldn't you rather have Geno Smith than Mark Sanchez? Sure, they both suck, but Geno is 4 years younger! That counts for something, right?

EDIT - Real talk, though, I think his play style is closer to Teddy's than Sanchez's is.

I have no doubt at all that Howie will give up a bunch of picks to move back into the 1st round now.

Don't worry, that 1st round pick for Bradford is coming.

In some ways the 2017 Draft being when the Eagles have no picks could be a net positive. It should minimize the amount of the completely idiotic Eagles fans show up and make the city look dumb, and instead it will mostly be people that actually care/know about football and don't behave like morons.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I definitely would rather the Vikings get Geno over Sanchez.

As somebody who has watched both of them more than any human being really should I think Geno is definitely the better QB.

I don't think the Jets are getting rid of Geno though. Petty is basically taking all the snaps in the last game for a reason (they want a draft pick for him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom