• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 44s44 seconds ago

Hold the phone on #Eagles elevating Chase Daniel as starter. I'm hearing this trade is more about Carson Wentz moving up.

Hold the phone on #Eagles elevating Chase Daniel as starter. I'm hearing this trade is more about Carson Wentz moving up.

Has he even been practicing? I've got a Walrus post saved on my computer talking about how the Eagles are going to be patient with Wentz that I can't wait to post.

Last year, we had to do two preseason threads and went over 26k posts. This year, we won't hit 12k. Might be time to put the weekly ot's back in off-topic.
We need a blowout NFL preview OT for week 1. With images that summarize each franchise along with a clever description of each team's chances of being relevant this year. Bring newcomers and euros up to speed on the greatest form of football, gridiron football..

Suggestions for team images:
Cowboys: dead Romo
Packers: that ridiculous Rodgers picture from a few pages back
Ravens: that photoshop Bucket did of Bert as Ravens QB

DMczaf

We need a blowout NFL preview OT for week 1. An image that summarizes each franchise along with a clever description of each team's chances of being relevant this year.

Suggestions for team images:
Cowboys: dead Romo
Packers: that ridiculous Rodgers picture from a few pages back
Ravens: that photoshop Bucket did of Bert as Ravens QB

Jameis 🦄

effzee

While I never want to see Chase start and play for the Eagles, that makes no sense. Wentz gets hurt in training camp/Pre-season game 1 and barely plays.

Now he gets elevated to starter? I just don't get the plan.

They signed Sam to start because presumably they want to compete while Wentz sits and learns. The FAs they brought in also signal a win now while developing Carson mentality.

Now they trade the starter and will forgo the whole season? If I as a FA signed in the off-season I'd be pissed too.

I

Has he even been practicing? I've got a Walrus post saved on my computer talking about how the Eagles are going to be patient with Wentz that I can't wait to post.

Spadaro said on the podcast before the Jets game that the feeling was if it was a regular season game he probably could have played so there is that.

How the shit did they get a first and a fourth for Bradford. I mean, it sucks that they can't be patient with Wentz and that this season is a write off, but that is just amazing.

Tebow is available.

Just sayin'

nah dude, the phillies have him locked up to lead them to the world series in 2017

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-phillies/phillies-will-take-peek-tim-tebow-showcase-mostly-out-curiosity

honest question, how much worse is Bradford than Bridgewater, if it all? considering he'd also have Peterson to rely on

he's debatably better, but this is a tough call because of how terrible the eagles situation re: o-line, receivers, and coaching was last year. He's definitely not worse.

honest question, how much worse is Bradford than Bridgewater, if it all? considering he'd also have Peterson to rely on

Bradford is much better. They had similar numbers last year but Bradford had no OL, no running game, his WRs lead the lague in drops, and he missed most of camp rehabbing from a serious injury. He will do better then Teddy would have, this is an upgrade for the Vikings for sure.

Fantomex

Could this mean they really liked the progress Wentz was making?

Damn, a first for Bradford. Ya'll need to apologize to Pepiope like right now

effzee

Not much worse at all at this point of their careers. Of course Teddy has a much higher ceiling but Bradford will be just as competent.

Man this season is going to blow.

MechDX

Could this mean they really liked the progress Wentz was making?

Damn, a first for Bradford. Ya'll need to apologize to Pepiope like right now

lol no. Eagles found a desperate team making a desperate move. Not one single person saw this except him.

Rottweiler will be benched by week 12

Someone has been watching videos on NFL.com....... If so then good. He is waiting:

cameron-poe.gif

Here we go:

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles are over the moon about Carson Wentz, even just based on one preseason session. If healthy, he should start in Game 1.
8:39 AM - 3 Sep 2016

Sorry Carson, hope you dont get to beat up this year.

I think Wentz will be starting after the bye week now. It also means they basically only gave up Bradford, Murray, Alonso and a few 2/3rd round picks for Wentz which makes the whole trade easier to stomach.

I mean has he been praticing? He has the rib injury, and only played that small amount in the preseason

He's been throwing in practice for the last two weeks I think.

Hindl

I mean has he been praticing? He has the rib injury, and only played that small amount in the preseason

He's been practicing a bit, he'd be ready for the opener. If preseason Week 4 was a regular season game he would've started, but there was no point to risk it. I just hope they don't start him immediately, but I could see it happening

I think Wentz will be starting after the bye week now. It also means they basically only gave up Bradford, Murray, Alonso and a few 2/3rd round picks for Wentz which makes the whole trade easier to stomach.

Yeah I could see that happening too, start him against the Lions. We'll see how the OL holds up though, I wouldn't want him to start against that pass rush if they're trash

Slo

I kinda agree with Florio that Vikings are considering Teddy won't be ready for 2017 either.

This is the only way I can try to rationalize it. That Teddy is not going to be the same for at least 2 years, if ever, and our window is now.

We absolutely overpaid. On the other hand, this might be the best option available if we think we can actually win.

**sobs**

Crisco

Banned
So Panthers cut their 5th round pick, Zack Sanchez, who had performed pretty poorly in the preseason. We're keeping UDFA Jeremy Cash though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Here we go:

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles are over the moon about Carson Wentz, even just based on one preseason session. If healthy, he should start in Game 1.
8:39 AM - 3 Sep 2016

Sorry Carson, hope you dont get to beat up this year.
Dak vs Wentz: Once in a Lifetime

Live on PPV this sunday, special start time 7 ET/4 PT, only on NFL Network

Duxxy3

I feel for Vikings fans. First Teddy, now this? They deserve better.

I bet he will. I think his being cut is only because he'll be unavailable to play week 1.

I thought he outplayed every corner except for Butler, Ryan and Cyrus. Good ball skills, tackles well, supports the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom