• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they put Tony on IR and ride with Sanchez for 8 weeks as backup I will riot

Tony's done man. He seriously needs to evaluate whether he can risk doing more physical harm to himself to continue playing this game. With kids now, I have to seriously imagine retirement is in the cards. It's for the best.

MechDX

I joke about it but how Sanchez keeps getting jobs when Yates is there is insane. Roll the dice with the guy who has played and won some big games not the guy known for running into his guards ass

Colasante

Legitimately have no idea why anyone is clowning on Dallas right now. They did the smart thing.

CrdKdSlWIAA5b2l.jpg

I ain't joking about it. Seeing Kirk Cousins vs Mark Sanchez on Thanksgiving is going to legitimately be one of the funniest games of this decade

Farooq

Banned
Tony's done man. He seriously needs to evaluate whether he can risk doing more physical harm to himself to continue playing this game. With kids now, I have to seriously imagine retirement is in the cards. It's for the best.

From what I read, once the bone heals he won't be at an increased risk of further injury. And most QBs having their back compressed from an awkward tackle like Avril's tackle would have sustained a fracture.

It is not a career threatening injury.

Word. Dude has had 2 considerable back injuries. He's risking not being able to walk by 40.

Duxxy3

Patriots definitely going to put claims on running backs. A lot got cut of them cut in the past couple days. Even if it's just until Lewis is back.

You do realize Mark Sanchez is going to back up Dak Prescott, right?

I misspoke, we are incredibly lucky that Dak came along. If he had Goffed it up in the preseason we woukd have Sanchez starting, or traded a first and fourth for Bradford.

It's a dark timeline, but it could always worse.

brentech

From what I read, once the bone heals he won't be at risk of further injury. And most QBs having their back compressed from an awkward tackle like Avril's tackle would have fractured.

I don't think we're seeing fluke after fluke with him. Pretty sure he's a broken man. Like Rodgers.

RBH

w640xh480_tebow.jpg

Tim Tebow's performance in front of scouts earlier this week appears to have generated some genuine intrigue from at least two major-league clubs.

The Atlanta Braves and Colorado Rockies are among the two organizations that have the most interest in signing the former NFL quarterback, according to Pedro Gomez of ESPN, who adds the Braves are looking into signing Tebow to a minor-league contract.

Tebow held a showcase in front of representatives from 28 teams on Tuesday in Los Angeles and received mixed reviews. The 29-year-old was graded highly for his power and speed though his performance defensively and questions surrounding his ability to hit professional pitching left teams like the Boston Red Sox uninterested in taking a chance on the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner.

"I don't want to say anything negative because other teams are looking at him, but I don't think we'll be rushing out to make a signing," Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski told NESN on Tuesday.

Tebow hasn't played baseball since high school after he decided to quit the sport in order to pursue a career in football. He said that the choice was one of the most difficult decisions he's ever made, and that he's fully committed to trying to reach the majors.

''It's not about publicity,'' Tebow said following his workout. ''It's definitely not about money. It's a pay cut to do this. Just pursue what you love, right? Regardless of what else happens. Regardless of if you fail, or if you fall on your face. If that's the worst thing that can happen, that's OK. When did that become such a bad thing? When did pursuing what you love become a bad thing, regardless of the result?"
http://www.thescore.com/news/1070537

Bitanator

Tony is going to fight to stay on the roster and not 8 game IR, I can see him coming out for the Green Bay game if they don't do him in for IR. His will to play is stronger than anybody.

I will be pissed if they do that because it could be the difference of playoffs this year and another early pick

kmag

Packers cut Sitton

The Giants will be all over that. They've got cap room this year, the OL coach has worked with Sitton before, the blocking scheme is pretty much the same and McAdoo's offense is at it's base the same as Green Bay's, I believe the verbiage is the same.

Just got home but lol Vikes. Sucks about what happened to Teddy but what the hell. Give all that up for a guy who is injury prone. You could've had Mark Sanchez for nothing.

squicken

If Bradford starts Week 2 vs GB, it would give him 15 days to prepare. The same amount of time Josh Freeman had for his start vs the Giants

Hindl

Damn surprised we cut najee goode and ed reynolds. Rest of the cuts make sense, glad we kept Paul Turner, Destiny vaeao, and Eric rowe

From what I read, once the bone heals he won't be at an increased risk of further injury. And most QBs having their back compressed from an awkward tackle like Avril's tackle would have sustained a fracture.

Just because something isn't career threatening doesn't mean there aren't long term effects to the man's ability to lead a normal and healthy life after football. Two back injuries, a collar bone made of plastic and general wear and tear of years in the NFL. He'll fight all he can to get on the field again but he needs to be thinking about his children and quality of life. I'd be saying the same if this were Eli.

I should add there's also the football/business aspect here as well. If Dak does well (a big if I know) the Cowboys aren't going to hold on to an injury prone, high dollar QB.

As for non-pro bowl offensive lineman Packers cuts, they released UDFA WR Geronimo Allison. Will be interesting to see if anybody snatches him up -- if nobody does, imagine they'll make a spot for him on the practice squad.

Farooq

Banned
Just because something isn't career threatening doesn't mean there aren't long term effects to the man's ability to lead a normal and healthy life after football. Two back injuries, a collar bone made of plastic and general wear and tear of years in the NFL. He'll fight all he can to get on the field again but he needs to be thinking about his children and quality of life. I'd be saying the same if this were Eli.

I get what you are saying about quality of life after football. When you said he was done, I just assumed you meant he couldn't go.

If Bradford starts Week 2 vs GB, it would give him 15 days to prepare. The same amount of time Josh Freeman had for his start vs the Giants

Shurmur is in Minny isn't he? I'd have to imagine that will help Bradford get up to speed quickly.

I get what you are saying about quality of life after football. When you said he was done, I just assumed you meant he couldn't go.

Nah, Tony will try. He's insane when it comes to that stuff. If they would have let him, he would have come back in the game broken collar and all. He's the anti-Cutler. It's whether he /should/ that I question and that he needs to be questioning.

squicken

Shurmur is in Minny isn't he? I'd have to imagine that will help Bradford get up to speed quickly.

And Bradford spent a few years with Schottenheimer, who runs Norv's system. I think he will start Week 2, but it's going to be awhile before he is really ready. I think if Hill is solid week 1, they should play Hill again week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom