• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Cannot believe just how married Caldwell is to this:

tYzHytE.jpg

to keep him over a newly drafter quarterback as backup

I posted it already, but Ross Tucker (A former journeyman offensive lineman) wrote an article about Romo's situation. Choice quote:

It really comes down to this: I don't know many (any?) guys that have had spine injuries like we have yet feel totally fine these days. Those guys just don't seem to exist. I actually feel pretty decent most of the time, but I am very conscious of avoiding anything that could potentially aggravate my back, which has bothered me off and on since I hurt it in 2004 and subsequently had surgery on it in 2005 with Buffalo. I've learned that lesson the hard way too many times and basically don't do anything that could compromise how it feels. It's just not worth it.

That's why I don't play golf or basketball, two things I thought I'd do when I was done with the NFL. Almost all of my workouts (swimming, elliptical, stairmaster, yoga, stationary bike) to stay in shape specifically involve things where my body does not impact the ground at all. I'm very conscious of things like how soft a chair is or even the angle of the back of the chair when in a restaurant. My comfort and enjoyment of the meal depends on it.

As you are well aware, you have had two surgeries on your back already, including one to repair a herniated disc. You've previously fractured a few bones in your back. Now you have a compression fracture of your vertebra. That's a lot man, and we aren't even talking about the three separate times you have fractured your clavicle. Maybe your body is telling you something?

It's crazy to think with 7 billion people on this planet there isn't 30 guys who can play QB at a proficient level. It's a shame so many teams are stuck with a useless fuck at the most pivotal position in the game. I am truly #Blessed to have Russell.

#GoHawks

Colasante

So DT Anthony Johnson, UDFA CB Jonathan Jones, and TE AJ Derby all made the Patriots roster. Glad to see a cutdown day without any patented Belichick head scratchers.

We live in a world where people are trying to talk themselves into believing in Sam Bradford and others are annoyed they missed out on Mark Sanchez.

I love everything.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Give Tony shit for being a choker or whatever, but the man's got heart like no one else. Came back from cracked ribs & a punctured lung just to help us beat San Fran.

14dallas.1.190.jpg

bionic77

It's crazy to think with 7 billion people on this planet there isn't 30 guys who can play QB at a proficient level. It's a shame so many teams are stuck with a useless fuck at the most pivotal position in the game. I am truly #Blessed to have Russell.

#GoHawks
Is it a problem with a lack of talent or a problem with the coaching?

#ThisisOurTime

#EightisGreatbutSevenisHeaven

Duxxy3

So DT Anthony Johnson, UDFA CB Jonathan Jones, and TE AJ Derby all made the Patriots roster. Glad to see a cutdown day without any patented Belichick head scratchers.

Elandon Roberts was the biggest surprise for me. Thought he was a prime practice squad candidate after gutting it out on Thursday. I guess making the week 1 roster was his reward.

Injuries happen, but there are some that can play through injuries. It's a part of the NFL, especially late in the season. Normally it's not the rookies toughing it out.

@ProFootballTalk
Cowboys may be in hot water with league for signing Sanchez before NFL issued official transaction report for the day, source tells PFT.

OMG

Bitanator

Tony Romo's clavicle never healed correctly either time, it was bound to break with that fall last year, they repair it so that it can no longer be a problem. Romo gets back surgery and works hard for two years so his back can be stronger and allow him to do all the offseason activities he has not been able to for two years, gets sat on by a charging bull while he was sliding awkwardly and compresses his back. Now people run out the woods to announce he is dead on arrival.

I'd give Tony the benefit of the doubt here, he is going to come back, his collar bone is fixed, his back believe it or not (you won't) is stronger than 2014 and as long as he does not attempt to do whatever the fuck that slide was ever again, he will be fine

Slo

We live in a world where people are trying to talk themselves into believing in Sam Bradford and others are annoyed they missed out on Mark Sanchez.

I love everything.

Bradford fact of the day: Sam Bradford once led Oklahoma to a National Championship
game
!

Tony Romo's clavicle never healed correctly either time, it was bound to break with that fall last year, they repair it so that it can no longer be a problem. Romo gets back surgery and works hard for two years so his back can be stronger and allow him to do all the offseason activities he has not been able to for two years, gets sat on by a charging bull while he was sliding awkwardly and compresses his back. Now people run out the woods to announce he is dead on arrival.

I'd give Tony the benefit of the doubt here, he is going to come back, his collar bone is fixed, his back believe it or not (you won't) is stronger than 2014 and as long as he does not attempt to do whatever the fuck that slide was ever again, he will be fine

I don't think anybody's saying he won't come back. Instead he SHOULDN'T come back.

Gigglepoo

Am I crazy for thinking Shaun Hill is pretty good? I lump him in the same category as Josh McCown: Two unexceptional quarterbacks that you can totally win with if the rest of your team is solid.

Bitanator

I don't think anybody's saying he won't come back. Instead he SHOULDN'T come back.

I know what you are saying, I'm implying that he is equipped to be fine by coming back when the fracture heals, the collar bone should not be problematic for him and his back will heal from the fracture, his back it is stronger than it was two years ago

glad ted cut the second best lineman on a championship-contending team for "offensive line growth"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j6fNOcsK-yI/VbVd9NPGKKI/AAAAAAAAAL8/Xb5Ke76QuwE/w400-h221/gplus-178257009.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

That sounds like Getts what said after he let the Panthers' top 4 wide receivers walk and we thought Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King would be our 1 and 2 going into the next season.

Speaking of...

[quote="Crisco, post: 215824243"]Wooohooo, 53 man roster, finally no more Brenton Bers.......

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VgXCk.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Goddamnit Getts

Brenton has blackmail on somebody I'm convinced at this point.

Crisco

Banned
That sounds like Getts what said after he let the Panthers' top 4 wide receivers walk and we thought Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King would be our 1 and 2 going into the next season.

Speaking of...

Goddamnit Getts

Brenton has blackmail on somebody I'm convinced at this point.

Yup, DG is a diddler and must have mistaken Bersin for a little kid hanging out at Wofford. Probably invited him for a shower and that was all she wrote.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Looks like the Pats cut enough WR to have a practice squad for Brady.

Im pretty surprised martin was cut given the people around here saying he was the favorite. Turns out pretty much none of the grouping stuck despite it being the "best competition in years" at the position. That being said I think AJ derby is more of a hybrid so I'd count one of those spots as taken by him and I think that's easily the right choice. I also think Foster took one of those spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom