• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitanator

If they didn't care, they wouldn't have started off well. They would've for one drive, maybe two, and then be done with it.

I did not say they do not try, I'm saying they do not give a shit about wins or losses during this time, I replied to a guy who was saying how much the Rams were celebrating a win in preseason, Dallas knows it does not matter either way.

Fantomex

Goff has a lot of work to do still. Yes, he's not ready, but I honestly believe you get better with reps. The biggest problem today was that there was nothing for him. I mean even the check downs were covered. It's most likely a 6-10 season. It's like Formula 1 pre season trials. Part of you hopes this isn't the final product you have to look forward to, but deep down inside you know this is it.

I just don't know who he's gonna throw it to. He hit Thomas for 8 yards on first down and he dropped it, right through his hands. He hits Austin for 7 at the edge and he drops it. So he goes to the well and starts relying on his tight end Higbee. Defense picks up on Higbee and stopping the run and the offense slowly becomes dumbfounded. His quick release is great though. He's gonna need it.

Watching highlights. Titans run looks nice! I mean it was against the Chargers but still it looked good. Hopefully it translates well for them into the regular reason. Those backups QB the Cowboys have played pretty well too.

Happy Sunday!

giphy.gif

MechDX

Finally get to see Osweiler in this offense today. As I mentioned to squicken yesterday I'm even more intrigued to see Braxton Miller and Will fuller though. Early camp reports claiming both are far exceeding expectations.

Another guy I want to see is UDFA Stephen Anderson from Cal. Geoffs security blanket TE that seems to be getting that same type of attention from Oz. Smaller TE but has good hands and is a mismatch for LBers

Of course one Thomas Savage as well.

MechDX

Texans have something for each of Browns GAF:

Native Canadian Christian Covington for my boy Kave

Colts Killer Brandon Weeden for Gobias

And Braxton Miller for BG. Let's hug it out BG

MechDX

Chip Kelly calls Texans' Mike Vrabel one of top assistants in NFL https://t.co/SRivzoxEwl via @HoustonChron

Interesting. First time I have seen "more responsibilities" along with a raise to keep Vrabel away from SF. Crennels contract is up at the end of this season. Power play by O'Brien to keep him away from NE if Patricia leaves?

Apparently Bene Benwikere almost got in a fight with Greg Olsen because he's tired of the offensive players trash talking him.

You don't want smoke in training camp, but then again the last corner to fight an offensive player in Panthers TC turned from an obscure never-starter to one of the best corners in the league so...

EDIT: Now with video! (of the aftermath)

Giants injury news..

Eli Apple has a strained left knee. It's not considered serious, but could keep him out for a few days and next week's game vs Buffalo.

He's working on agility drills today along with Geremy Davis who suffered a strained Hamstring.

DT Jay Bromley has passed his physical and will practice for the first time today. He had been on PUP since camp opened.

Sterling Shephard who was taken out of the game with a strained groin is practicing today. So no issues there.

Victor Cruz is also practicing. Hopes to play against Buffalo.

RBH

Cp1Vo9UWAAAcxbm.jpg

Ralph Wilson Stadium will be getting a new name soon.

The Buffalo Bills announced Saturday that the team has reached an agreement on a stadium naming rights deal with the New Era Cap Company.

More details about the agreement will be unveiled during a news conference scheduled for next week.

The stadium, located in Orchard Park, New York, is currently named after Bills founder and former owner Ralph C. Wilson, who passed away at 95 in 2014. The Bills were purchased by Terry Pegula in 2014.

The Bills have been playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium (originally Rich Stadium) since 1973.

In June, Pegula said the NFL has made it understood that a new stadium plan probably should be part of the franchise's long-term goals.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-new-era?campaign=tw-nf-sf33337000-sf33337000

Bread

Banned
Not surprised, Tammy and Phil have a lot in common.

PhilipRiversExcitedScreamsCincy.gif

I respect the fact your teams come from places you have lived. ;)
Well two of my teams come from the places I've lived. My Texans, Jets, and Our Seahawks are just amazing teams that I love for other reasons!

Hunter S.

A little known fact.

The Broncos wear orange because of the Browns. When the Broncos joined the American Football League the founder wanted to use a color in football representing excellance. At the time, it was the Browns. And still today, orange still rings true with success. #blessed

Praise the spirit of Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom