• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

That reminds me, I haven't yet made enough excuses for the SB loss.

First, let me say, fuck Pollard. Without Gronk's injury, that Hail Mary would've been a surefire TD, obviously.

Next, fuck the rest of the NFC East for letting that undeserving team get into the Playoffs in the first place.

And fuck Kyle Williams for letting the Giants get lucky.

Also, I think my wounds have finally healed enough to watch a replay of the SB.

If Gronk was healthy the game doesnt come down to that hail mary.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions update:

Well, it's a good thing we upgraded the secondary this offseason or otherwise this would suck.

Wait, what's that? We didn't?

6-10 season incoming. Seriously, the Lions defense imploded last year after Delmas' injury. They were mediocre with him and absolutely horrible without him.

BigAT

First, let me say, fuck Pollard. Without Gronk's injury, that Hail Mary would've been a surefire TD, obviously.

Oh, the "what if" game, that's always good for desperately trying to justify losses. Especially with injuries, no other team ever has injuries but your team. If the Giants, masters of the torn ACL, didn't have more than 5 injured CBs the game wouldn't have even been that close.

If Cundiff makes a field goal the Pats are probably not there.

If Evans catches that touchdown Joe Flacco is in the SB.

Can't play that game. The Pats should have won with Gronk being banged up.
Kudos for being honest. Every game has a hundred points where if things magically had gone the other way, the other team could have won.

Milchjon

I suddenly like you a lot more.

"Giants didn't win that game. The Pats lost it."

Oh, the "what if" game, that's always good for desperately trying to justify losses. Especially with injuries, no other team ever has injuries but your team. If the Giants, masters of the torn ACL, didn't have more than 5 injured CBs the game wouldn't have even been that close.

Kudos for being honest. Every game has a hundred points where if things magically had gone the other way, the other team could have won.

I was hoping it was more obvious that I wasn't totally serious.

Well, except for Fuck Pollard. That dude is a terrorist.

Wrayfield

I got the clearance from my doctor to start walking in my boot.
I have no balance with my right leg at this point, so for now it's just using a support crutch on my right side and putting more and more pressure on that foot.

He has me starting PT 3 times a week. Initially didn't plan to have me doing PT, but my foot is really locked up and needs to become flexible. He wants me able to walk without the boot in 4 weeks. I'll aim for 3

Awesome, good stuff!

A lot of Schottyball teams were regular season juggernauts with high seeds and great running games and defenses going into the playoffs. See your Chargers for the most recent example. And that came from the source!

I don't think it is a coincidence that he and his disciples never won without a great qb. Cowher only won after Ben came to town, despite being and losing in the AFC Championship on an annual basis.

Schotty senior and junior together perhaps, but I think that was just Marty doing his spiel. Marty was a great regular season guy. Schotty junior on his own? I dunno about that...

Roethlisberger is a great QB.

At times, certainly not in my 3-4 of great QBs currently playing. I like his improvisation skills though, hard to bring that water buffalo down :).

Tucks response to Clay:

"Thank you for giving us the game, Clay," Tuck said. "I appreciate it a lot. Did they play their best ball? I don't know. But we won the
football game. I don't think they gave us anything."

By the way, Terrell Thomas is saying 3-8 weeks for his knee recovery. He's not pushing to make the opener but it looks like he may actually be back early in the season. (great news!)

ChanHuk

Banned
I work swing shift now, never missing NFL Sunday this year or glorious Monday Night Football. Thursday Night Football, I'll worry about that in December.

edit: For Packer fans. Mike Silver with long piece on your team

-Matthews: "NYG didn't beat us. We beat ourselves"
-Rodgers has new TD dance
-Edgier camp

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--p...QDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3
I still get a little annoyed reading the "we beat ourselves" nonsense from McCarthy/Matthews/etc. Typical egocentric garbage (not that you'd expect any less from a HC and LB, but still)

Jennings' "they were better than us" approach is correct. Because while the Packers did play their worst game of the season, the Giants had a big role to play in that. They came out at a different intensity level, and when the Packers tried to match they made every mental mistake in the book. So who do you give the credit/blame?

Greg

I got the clearance from my doctor to start walking in my boot.
I have no balance with my right leg at this point, so for now it's just using a support crutch on my right side and putting more and more pressure on that foot.

He has me starting PT 3 times a week. Initially didn't plan to have me doing PT, but my foot is really locked up and needs to become flexible. He wants me able to walk without the boot in 4 weeks. I'll aim for 3
Glad to hear of your progress.

You have to get ready for regular season!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I would try to take solace in the fact that snes got Brady in FF, then.
But on strength of schedule alone I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't make the playoffs. Even if Brady went down or whatever.

snes drafted who? Shoulda stuck with Freeman, snes!

EDIT: Speaking of fantasy, we're going to need 3, maybe 4, for the cat.gif league. Let me know if you're interested. Only requirement that you post in here and watch football at least once a year.

Good to see Mike Goodson was released from the hospital. Never a good thing when someone goes down like that.

Where them Panthers fans at? I can see why Goodson was buried in the depth chart with their stable of backs. Apparently he has fumbling issues?

Yep. He has great speed and the ability to find the holes and burst through them for huge gains. But his fumbling problems (and a certain lack of consistency) kept him from ever really competing with Stewart/Williams for more touches.

He played very well a couple of years ago when DeAngelo was out for the season and Goodson shared platoon duty with Stewart.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

EDIT: Speaking of fantasy, we're going to need 3, maybe 4, for the cat.gif league. Let me know if you're interested. Only requirement that you post in here and watch football at least once a year.

Wait there's a cat.gif league?

Sounds like my kind of league!

Saerk

Send me an invite. I'll play.

TheFatOne

If Brady doesn't have his head up his ass early in the game the Pats might have had a shot. Have people already forgotten about the safety he took? That shit was ridiculous, and one of the worst fucking plays Brady has ever done.

Edit: Brady was fucking terrible in the super bowl. I almost forgot about the bomb he threw to Gronk.

effzee

After Spygate numbers are still better than McNabb's playoff numbers in his career.

You are comparing Brady's #s post 2004 with WRs like Moss and Welker? And now with the 2 TEs and Welker? Do you know what the Eagles did the year after TO left? They started Kevin Curtis, Reggie Brown, and Hank Baskett at WR. Yeah think about that for a second.

There is no doubt Brady is a much better QB than McNabb ever was. He even managed to win/cheat his way to three SBs with the sub par WRs they fielded compared to McNabb who failed 3 straight times with his crappy WRs. Good for Brady! He also had the better D and better/smarter/scumbag coach.

Striker

It feels so good to see Green Bay is still salty and making excuses for getting absolutely embarrassed on their home field. Even after getting gifted two touchdowns by the refs they still couldn't make it a close game.

"We beat ourselves" is the new "b-b-b-but Kyle Williams!"
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...een-bay-packers-matthews-gift-playoff-victory

"Thank you for giving us the game, Clay," Tuck deadpanned. "I appreciate it a lot."

"Did they play their best ball?" Tuck continued. "I don't know. But we won the football game. I don't think they gave us anything."

brentech

Glad to hear of your progress.

You have to get ready for regular season!
Yea. Gotta be able to walk early sept so I can easily move about on my anniversary trip around the end of September.
Last year we went to SF, did a shit load of walking there. This year we're going to Charleston SC.

effzee

So I'm just now seeing the Jets wide receiver depth chart for the first time. WOW, it is atrocious. They have absolutely no one after Santonio "team chemistry" Holmes. Who's the second best receiver on their team, Chaz Schilens (271 receiving yards last year)? I know they drafted Stephen Hill, but having read a fair amount about him since the Giants were also interested in him, it sounded like he was fairly raw and would take a good amount of time to develop. How could they go the entire offseason and come back with such an awful group of receivers?

Oh well, at least the Jets have two elite quarterbacks to throw to them.

Doesn't make sense why they let both Edwards and now Plaxico go. They both produced for the Jets and its not like they care about quality locker room guys. Why do this to themselves?

TheFatOne

Because I have only seen about the last third so far due to having an important exam the next morning.

Edit: Ah yes, Screw you Mayo for not turning around on that first TD.

Ohh I completely forgot about this play. Belichick called the perfect fucking play only for Mayo to ruin it. Now I remember why I hated Mayo so much last season.

I would try to take solace in the fact that snes got Brady in FF, then.
But on strength of schedule alone I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't make the playoffs. Even if Brady went down or whatever.

The Pats have the easiest schedule in the league next year. They should sleepwalk their way to 10-6 at the very least.

I don't think the Pats are going 7-9. I think I was tactfully asking who the biggest front runner is.

How many are in the league right now?

I don't think the Pats are going 7-9. I think I was tactfully asking who the biggest front runner is.

alligator_enottingham02.jpg

Yup, even with a legit prescription. Giants safety Tyler Sash got hit with a 4-game suspension for testing positive for it in the offseason, despite having a doctor's prescription. It seems silly.

Why it is an upper, sports leagues ban all kinds of stuff if they think it can give an advantage.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Blogging the bEast @Jimmy_Beast

If Joe Haden is indeed suspended, Browns Week 1 CBs against Philly could be former Eagles Sheldon Brown and Dmitri Patterson.

I CANNOT WAIT

Top Bottom