• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sex symbol and all around great guy Joe Thomas dropping some ether on Peyton Hillis.

Called his last year in cleveland toxic and that he was more focused on getting a contract then coming out to play.

Talon

Anyone play t3h Haloez in this thread? I hate the SP so far, sadly, but I'm finding the MP to be as fun as ever.

Anyone play t3h Haloez in this thread? I hate the SP so far, sadly, but I'm finding the MP to be as fun as ever.
I've never been a big fan of Halo campaigns but I thought the one in 4 was fun enough. I've played the MP for close to a day or so and it's a lot of fun, although I've been distracted by other stuff lately and haven't spent much time with it. Turns out spawning with a DMR isn't such a bad thing!

Talon

I've never been a big fan of Halo campaigns but I thought the one in 4 was fun enough. I've played the MP for close to a day or so and it's a lot of fun, although I've been distracted by other stuff lately and haven't spent much time with it. Turns out spawning with a DMR isn't such a bad thing!
The Protheans just suck to fight against. They're annoying bullet sponges, where as at the mix of Grunts, Jackals and Elites is fun to fight against because they vary up their approaches.

I am disappointed that it's been over 10 years since the first game, and the storytelling is still 100% done with in game cinematics.

I also appreciate that headshots are so damn easy in this game because the Y-axis doesn't change in console shooters. Yeehaw!

The Protheans just suck to fight against. They're annoying bullet sponges, where as at the mix of Grunts, Jackals and Elites is fun to fight against because they vary up their approaches.

I am disappointed that it's been over 10 years since the first game, and the storytelling is still 100% done with in game cinematics.
I only played through it in normal so the Prothean Knights never seemed very tough but I'm sure it's a different story in Heroic or Legendary. I do think it's pretty disappointing how few enemy types there are in the game, though. I feel like you see most of what the game has to offer by the half-way point. I agree with you about the story stuff as well.

jakncoke

Banned
So, What did Joe Thomas and Phil Dawson say about Peyton Hillis. They were talking about it on the radio, but never said what it was.

Nakazato

Throwing prayers to Torrey Smith has worked for them all season, so they wanted to break the Steelers backs in Baltimore by gunning huge passes downfield. I wouldn't blame Cameron. This has been the Rats' MO for years.. Harbaugh is trying to get Flacco that huge contract.
Cams trying to get fired. Our rookie RB was getting about 6 ypc. So why abandon the run.

Talon

Well deserved. Him and Decoud have been pleasant surprises this year.
You could tell when Moore wasn't on the field last year.

The thing I'm most impressed about is the tackling in the secondary. With the exception of that first Saints game, Owens, McClain, DeCoud, Moore, even Asante have been cleaning up on the back end and outside. Dunta still charges in with his head no matter what.

The thing I'm most impressed about is the tackling in the secondary. With the exception of that first Saints game, Owens, McClain, DeCoud, Moore, even Asante have been cleaning up on the back end and outside. Dunta still charges in with his head no matter what.

Moore being healthy definitely plays a factor but Decoud looked flat out lost in coverage at times last year, he's been so much better this year.

Owens impressed me against the Saints. Even when he was beat, he finally used his speed to make a play ON THE BALL.

Talon

Moore being healthy definitely plays a factor but Decoud looked flat out lost in coverage at times last year, he's been so much better this year.

Owens impressed me against the Saints. Even when he was beat, he finally used his speed to make a play ON THE BALL.
Those two deflections on the back end - Henderson steps from the end zone and the other sideline play - might as well have saved the game. Chris Owens. Making Plays.

God help us all.

MechDX

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

#Texans DE @JJWatt was credited with a 2nd sack at TEN. He now has 16.5 sacks in 2012, 1 behind Aldon Smith for @nfl lead

Earlier this season they took a sack away now they give one back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So, What did Joe Thomas and Phil Dawson say about Peyton Hillis. They were talking about it on the radio, but never said what it was.

I have been summoned!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/cleveland_browns_joe_thomas_pe.html#incart_flyout_sports

BEREA, Ohio - Browns left tackle Joe Thomas unloaded today on former Browns running Peyton Hillis, now with the Kansas City Chiefs, for dogging it last season when he was trying to get a new contract.

"I think it was better for both sides (that he left)," said Thomas. "At that point the situation with him here was toxic, and he didn't want to be here and players didn't want him here. It was better for a fresh start at that point."

Thomas attributed it all to Hillis' botched attempt at trying get a new deal.

"It was just the fact, he decided his contract was more important than coming out and playing and helping his team win, and it left us without a running back and then we had a few injuries that hurt us further, with Montario (Hardesty) being down and Brandon Jackson, losing him in training camp.

"(Hillis) went about trying to get a contract a certain way, and it ended up hurting the other 52 guys in the locker room. That was his decision."

Thomas told reporters in training camp that if the team chose up sides, no one would choose Hillis.

"He wasn't real popular around here the way he went about his business," said Thomas. "Not that they didn't like him as a person, but just the way he hurt the team from not coming to play."

Was that out of character?

"Yeah, no question, he was everything people knew about him: hard-working, blue-collar tough," said Thomas. "The next year all he cared about what trying to get his new contract. I think he was getting poor guidance on how to go about his business. The way he chose it really hurt the team."

Thomas said: "I don't know, you guys tell me. I don't know if strep throat and whatever other injuries he had should keep you out of an NFL game or several. All I know is Alex Mack's appendix blew up and he played. A lot of guys tried to help him and give him guidance, and he wasn't listening."

Thomas added: "It was a strange year. Everyone here is glad we're beyond it, and I'm sure Peyton's glad he's past it too because it was a strange season."

MechDX

Good shit.

033479fbf6f2dcbcf5877784e8cc5a02.jpg

tmdorsey

Seriously who would have thought the secondary would be one of the standouts on the defense this year. I've always been happy with our safeties tackling ability. It has been their pass coverage that has always been suspect to me. They have really step their game up this season so far.

My concern now is the O-Line particularly the middle. If they don't do something address how often McClure gets push back allowing that middle pressure up in Ryan's face, it's going to be another embarrassing first round/divisional round exit from the playoffs again.

ari

Banned
I am really enjoying pitch perfect right now. The lols is perfectly timed and is pretty decent for a glee movie cash in. Its extremely fucking campy though and isn't grounded what so ever....

Talon

Seriously who would have thought the secondary would be one of the standouts on the defense this year. I've always been happy with our safeties tackling ability. It has been their pass coverage that has always been suspect to me. They have really step their game up this season so far.

My concern now is the O-Line particularly the middle. If they don't do something address how often McClure gets push back allowing that middle pressure up in Ryan's face, it's going to be another embarrassing first round/divisional round exit from the playoffs again.
McClure's who he is, but Konz got his ass whooped last Thursday. The interior line's a serious concern. The offensive line as a whole had a bad game. Baker's been solid all season, but he got beat outside a few times last week.

Yep, that's the main game I'm playing right now. Finally hit 50 last night and unlocked specializations.

I also appreciate that headshots are so damn easy in this game because the Y-axis doesn't change in console shooters. Yeehaw!

I agree that the covenant are more fun to fight but Knights don't have to be the bullet sponges people make them out to be. On my Legendary Solo run I had to learn multiple ways to kill them quickly and they aren't nearly as bad once you have a few strategies against them. I do hope 343 rethinks them or changes it up for Halo 5 though, not as satisfying to fight as they should be.

ari

Banned
How long until Watt gets busted for Adderall?

pretty sure its full blown HGH....When the league start testing for that shit, teams gonna have to go to replacement players or just lockout completely. I'm definitely looking at you, steelers.

tmdorsey

McClure's who he is, but Konz got his ass whooped last Thursday. The interior line's a serious concern. The offensive line as a whole had a bad game. Baker's been solid all season, but he got beat outside a few times last week.

Yep. Hopefully they can address the problems cause when you think about some of the defensive lines we will see in the playoffs like Giants, 9ers and Bears I don't think we will be able to get away with be so stagnant on offense like we did with the Saints.

Having all these weapons on offense ain't going to mean shit if Ryan isn't able to stand tall in the pocket.

Looks like we're going back to Skeletor against SEA. Lindley gives us the best chance to get as high a draft pick as possible but Skelly was playing pretty terrible before regardless.

BigAT

I am really enjoying pitch perfect right now. The lols is perfectly timed and is pretty decent for a glee movie cash in. Its extremely fucking campy though and isn't grounded what so ever....

Does every Bears fan treat GAF like it's their goddamn Livejournal? It's bad enough having to watch Bob desperately try to cover up whatever deep-seeded emotional issues he has with his irrational gadgetlust in the Madden thread.

Top Bottom