• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

brentech

Almost every QB in the league has had a bright moment. Vick has had a long time to accumulate plenty of them.....but he rarely puts a whole game together as a passer, and clearly isn't the runner he used to be.

I've never felt like he was a good enough QB to merit massive contracts. Wonderful exciting highlights, but a Super Bowl caliber QB that does not make.

Godslay

Banned
Gordon Ramsay's recipe for burgers is pretty damn good. Most of the time, I'm too lazy and just mix an egg with the burger and throw them on the grill.

As far as salmon, smoked salmon is the shit. I'll make it every once in a while in a huge batch and it will disappear in no time.

Walleye is by far my favorite fish, the cheeks are awesome. I will eat walleye no matter how it's cooked.. I loaded up on those bastards this spring, when they are spawning you can catch them in droves.

Anyone had Fleischkuechle? I'm sure Eznark, and some other midwesterners in here have. Possibly the Germans.

MechDX

31bMs0T1wGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Seasoning of the gods! Put it on everything except sushi. Why the fuck would you want to eat raw fish?

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah. I remember that break-out game they had against (I think the Redskins) on national T.V.

Talk about lowlights of Redskins fandom. To add insult to injury my fantasy team was up by 60pts and the other guy only had Vick and the Kicker, didn't make the playoffs due to that game. Not like I needed any more reasons to hate the Eagles but now I'm glad they will take our place at the bottom of the division.

Godslay

Banned
You work in the oil industry? No offense but I can not imagine another reason to live in North Dakota.

I don't. My wife is originally from here. I was offered a job, by a friend of her family and figured why not? It's a nice place. The western part of the state where the oil boom is, isn't so great.

Talon

Children, please.

1. Nova Lox on a sesame or poppy seed bun with all the fixins - capers, red onions, tomato, chive cream cheese
1. A quality Reuben from a deli that handles all the meat in house
1. Classic Italian sub from J.P. Graziano's off West Randolph (yeah, yeah, you can have your Bari) with just a drizzle of olive oil
1. Oyster poboy

On a side note:

Talon

Almost every QB in the league has had a bright moment. Vick has had a long time to accumulate plenty of them.....but he rarely puts a whole game together as a passer, and clearly isn't the runner he used to be.

I've never felt like he was a good enough QB to merit massive contracts. Wonderful exciting highlights, but a Super Bowl caliber QB that does not make.
The stretch from the Bengals thru Steelers games in 2005 gave false hope to many an Atlantan. Man was unstoppable...throwing to Dez White, Ashley Lelie and Michael Jenkins.

T_T

cajunator

Banned
I live ten minutes from a huge swamp and the fishing in there is pretty great.
Look up the Atchafalaya basin/Lake Pelba.
Its crossed by one of the longest bridges in the world.

Godslay

Banned

Nice. I fish a few places around the state. Red River, Missouri River, Lake Sakakawea. I want to get to Devils Lake at some point. I'd like to try ice fishing as well. Nothings really frozen up lately though.

LJ11

Bo's 30 for 30 was well done.

Last interview I saw with Bo was a couple of years ago, I think it was during an Auburn game when Cam was ripping up the SEC, and he was an absolute mess. Stuttering, rambling, it wasn't pretty. Thankfully, it seems he was just drunk.

bionic77

Fish for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable
Nothing tastes as good as good fish.

The downside is that bad fish is really gross.

Trying to figure out what Steelers jersey to get my son this year. Undecided between Brown and Troy.

bionic77

I never liked fresh water fish. Also not a fan of eating things from a swamp.

What am I missing from the swamp?

Gator, frogs, crawfish. And not all the fish are freshwater depending on the swamp, redfish is one of my favorite fish. Though that tastes more like a saltwater fish than something of the swamp, even if it loves the brackish waters. The reptiles are what you're missing, fresh Gator / Frog is some of my favorite foods.

squicken

oh hey bros i'm watching the avengers boy wouldn't it be awesome to see iron get in a fight with thor i wonder who will win this settle some arguments that's for sure

Anyone watch "Indie Game: The Movie" on Netflix?

Really enjoying it so far... especially the stuff about my fav XBLA arcade game ever - braid!

cajunator

Banned
I never liked fresh water fish. Also not a fan of eating things from a swamp.

I like both.
We had some saltwater amberjack earlier (i mentioned a few weeks ago) but one of my favorites is still sacalait. Fish from the swamp isnt bad at all.
No discernible difference between lake fish.

This is the bombest shit. My brother got me on that like a decade ago. All purpose awesomeness.

Slap ya Mama is much better.
Less salty.
Tony's is great for cooking though.

Not for me.

It's all in your head, shit's delicious when fresh. Have you tried Gator? It's often cooked wrong and way too chewy but their is no better white meat flavor-wise.

Funny cajun, when I think swamp fish I think no big difference from saltwater. Depends on the swamp.

Top Bottom