• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

The one thing that really surprised me last night was Kaepernick. I thought he was going to be the primary reason if the 49ers lost the game, but I simply can't imagine a scenario where Alex Smith puts up a victory for his team.

Dutch Patriot said:
He's like a gazelle.
football-cops-eli-manning.png

eznark

Banned
as ez already said, kap was born in wisconsin! now you disappear from this thread like some type of nfl-age ground hog except there is only 1 possibility for bears fans: every november they enter the month as a contender and by the beginning of december they are an absolute joke so you disappear until next september when the process inevitably starts all over again

Ice!

squicken

Andy Reid's son was in possession of steroids. He was an assistant to the Eagles strength and conditioning coach

The aftermath of the death of Garrett Reid, the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, has resulted in an unexpected twist. Although Garrett Reid died of a heroin overdose, authorities have now disclosed that steroids were found in Garrett Reid’s room at Lehigh University, site of the team’s training camp.

No evidence has been found that Garrett Reid, who was working with the team’s strength and conditioning coach, had distributed steroids to players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nowledge-of-garrett-reid-possessing-steroids/

squicken

PFT follow up

Redskins OT that gained 50 lbs in offseason busted on roids

Redskins offensive tackle Jordan Black has boasted this year that he put on 50 pounds to get back up to his playing weight of 310 and return to the NFL after missing the entire 2011 season. But an announcement from the Redskins today calls into question Black’s claims that he did it by drinking protein shakes and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ounds-this-year-jordan-black-busted-for-peds/

The one thing that really surprised me last night was Kaepernick. I thought he was going to be the primary reason if the 49ers lost the game, but I simply can't imagine a scenario where Alex Smith puts up a victory for his team.

kap isn't perfect but no fan of another team would honestly say they would rather prepare and deal with kap vs. alex smith.

maybe we would still be 10-3-1 with alex, maybe we would be better, we'll never know. but one thing i do know is alex would attempt some of the passes that kap did. i feel bad for alex because this is the perfect type of team for him: good defense, good running game where he isn't expected to win everything. but unfortunately kaepernick can do most of the things alex can do except he also has the potential to do more dynamic things

mr2xxx

Banned

Kap is much better than Alex, despite Kap making some mistakes his potential clearly outshines clip board guy.

bionic77

Can Eli Manning becoming a shit quarterback in the last month be explained by the theory that he may have finally given in and fucked his wife or some other woman? Or is he injured?

I favor the first theory and if he has given up his goober, virgin status than there is no guarantee he is going to be a good qb anymore and I don't trust him in the SB against the Pats anymore.

Sanjuro

kap isn't perfect but no fan of another team would honestly say they would rather prepare and deal with kap vs. alex smith.

maybe we would still be 10-3-1 with alex, maybe we would be better, we'll never know. but one thing i do know is alex would attempt some of the passes that kap did. i feel bad for alex because this is the perfect type of team for him: good defense, good running game where he isn't expected to win everything. but unfortunately kaepernick can do most of the things alex can do except he also has the potential to do more dynamic things

Yes/No. I think the Patriots do really well against inexperienced quarterbacks, even with our defense being shit. My thoughts going in were Smith would be able to move at a nice pace, not turn the ball over, and eat clock. That idea either way would have been tossed out by the first quarter with all the sloppiness which ensued.

I was at the game, so couldn't really see who was to blame for those constant fumbles. I'd guess Kap has his fair share of the blame. Kap's mobility didn't really impress me. There was really only one first down which I thought he would have the advantage over Smith. It was his poise that impressed me the most. There were just several clutch plays and touchdown passes where I don't think Smith simply would have converted.

This comparison is still a bit moot because Frank Gore is a beast. Without that running game either of them can be exposed easily.

bionic77 said:
Can Eli Manning becoming a shit quarterback in the last month be explained by the theory that he may have finally given in and fucked his wife or some other woman?
He's just making some really shit decisions with the ball. Nicks is hurt allowing defenses to bracket the shit out of Cruz and he's forcing the ball more often than not trying to hit the homerun instead of taking the shorter completion. I can't tell you how many times he's had wide open receivers underneath over the last few games that he completely ignores in favor of the deep ball (his accuracy has been hit or miss on that front recently as well). It's just him trying to do to much instead of the Eli earlier in the season who would throw it to the open receiver or take the sack instead of forcing the throw.

2010 was very much about Eli avoiding sacks and making some really stupid decisions in the process. There's definitely some of that happening right now. Also, we need to get some continuity with the third WR position. We've had a revolving door all season long between Barden, Randle and Hixon. Choose on and let the offense go...

Draxal

Can Eli Manning becoming a shit quarterback in the last month be explained by the theory that he may have finally given in and fucked his wife or some other woman? Or is he injured?

I favor the first theory and if he has given up his goober, virgin status than there is no guarantee he is going to be a good qb anymore and I don't trust him in the SB against the Pats anymore.

It's all on Nicks being hurt. Nicks is a top 5 wr when healthy and right now he's no where he is close to he normally is when healthy.

Mindlog

Last week we pulled into a bar just in time to see the last play loss to the Eagles.
Just checked to see what happened this week.

The fuck :|

NawidA

Banned
I just realized the strong possibility of Seahawks missing the playoffs. Their last two games are against teams they already lost to, and they need one win.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sicko. I can already tell what you have planned by the tone of your text. Disgusting.

I'm getting ready to watch it again too.

Painful as it may be, I have to watch the games a second time to be able to comment on it thoughtfully. Live I'm busy with texts, GAF, AIM, BBI, fantasy football etc.

I hope you're currently listening to Eli on Fatcessa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom