• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 15 |OT| Everybody Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I literally laughed out loud.

Pat Hill is the dirtiest fucking coach in the country - college and pro. When he was Head Coach at Fresno State, he used to make his gunners take a cheap shot on returners - even on fair catches. When asked about it, he said it was worth the 15 yard personal foul to "send a message." Complete scumbag.

Really the only hire that I've been upset with under the Dmitroff era.

I never thought Boudreau was any worse than Alex Gibbs in regards to cut blocking. Our guys weren't quite as lean under Boudreau. Clabo and Dahl were always the fake tough guys that would shove after plays.

Dahl still does this. He's out for the year now which kind of sucks. MIN was abusing STL's C and LG with the DTs. Was 2011 bad with the pass pro.

Mike Wallace is gone in the off season. Mendenhall has a better chance of being signed. I agree with Brown and Sanders (although Sanders has never been a big part of our offense), but I'm not exactly sure how they're fat with success. Their careers have consisted of a Super Bowl loss and an early playoff exit to Tebow, that's not exactly a recipe for being "fat with success."

Our running game was fine when our offensive line finally got healthy and gelled together, but as soon as injuries plagued the unit again, the running game went back to shit. No running back is going to succeed behind an offensive line that can't block, and while Mendenhall obviously doesn't have his head in the game, that has more to do with his own character than team culture.

James Harrison had bad judgement regarding the severity of his injury, and Woodley is par for the course, ie. injury prone and subject to long slumps. Our defense, outside of these last two games when they were crippled by injuries, were playing lights out defense and looked hungry as fuck to win every game they played in.

This season's outcome thus far has primarily come at the hands of a multitude of injuries across the whole team. We lack depth at 3rd string, and in some cases, 2nd string. Losing to shit teams is a symptom of not giving a shit, but we've been doing that since the Cowher years, and did so during our Championship runs.

Mike Wallace isn't going anywhere. It's just like Mendenhall; only person his performance hurt was himself.

And yes, just because they haven't won a Super Bowl in a few seasons doesn't mean that they haven't gotten fat. The beginning of this season was a testament to that - they thought they were going to win games on reputation.

The injuries hurt yeah, and this season would have been drastically different had we not had them, but let's get real - this is the NFL. Injuries happen. You either deal or you lose. Steelers lost.

MechDX

image.php

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

mularkey-loses-it2-11-8-121.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dahl still does this. He's out for the year now which kind of sucks. MIN was abusing STL's C and LG with the DTs. Was 2011 bad with the pass pro.

I still can't believe the STL offensive line woes. No Wells, nor Dahl, and an abysmal tackle situation. The interior of your line will be better with those guys back next year. Do you think they go OT in the draft?

squicken

that the appeal hasn't been heard before this friday is ridiculous. on one hand i hope he doesn't miss our game because i dont want any excuses for when we destroy the chickens, on the other hand cheaters need to be punished and the seahawks are full of cheaters

needs to be suspended before that SF game. the league shouldn't let Pete pass out crank to his team and then game the system with appeals

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
that the appeal hasn't been heard before this friday is ridiculous. on one hand i hope he doesn't miss our game because i dont want any excuses for when we destroy the chickens, on the other hand cheaters need to be punished and the seahawks are full of cheaters
If the 49ers lose, will it be because of cheating?

squicken

I still can't believe the STL offensive line woes. No Wells, nor Dahl, and an abysmal tackle situation. The interior of your line will be better with those guys back next year. Do you think they go OT in the draft?

Two first round picks. It'd be absurd if they didn't draft at least one. Wells is back, but they've had no continuity. If they all would have been healthy all year it would have been below average but not bad. Saffold, Wells, and now Dahl will miss starts.

Kind of disappointed in Wells. They've really struggled with interior pressure. Every team knows to just sugar the A gaps and they'll fuck up the protection somehow

harSon

Banned
Mike Wallace isn't going anywhere. It's just like Mendenhall; only person his performance hurt was himself.

And yes, just because they haven't won a Super Bowl in a few seasons doesn't mean that they haven't gotten fat. The beginning of this season was a testament to that - they thought they were going to win games on reputation.

The injuries hurt yeah, and this season would have been drastically different had we not had them, but let's get real - this is the NFL. Injuries happen. You either deal or you lose. Steelers lost.

Injuries do happen, but there are different levels. For example, during the Titans game, we were without our starting safety, outside linebacker, center, guard, offensive tackle, 1st string running back, 2nd string running back and 3rd string running back. There comes a point when injuries cease being an obstacle to overcome, and morph into a legitimate team killer. I think we've been firmly planted within the latter state for much of the season.

It basically puts you in a position where you have to play perfect football, as seen in yesterday's game where one fumble cost us an entire game of relatively sound football. That's certainly possible, but quite difficult and not exactly feasible over a long stretch. Especially when its your non-starters who are asked to do it.

eznark

Banned
It seems like it suits him well. He did well last year when he was doing commentary before a game.

I'm not even being snide or snarky, he does well in front of the camera.

Agree. And his radio show is the best long form weekly athlete interview show I've ever heard. He is a man of many talents.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm not one of those people who care about ancient history ;) Maybe i should though because while I've been cheering for the Cowboys they only have one playoff win :(

So those 3 super bowls in the early 90s dont count anymore because they were 20 years ago basically. Ancient history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom