• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

beast786

Or...you know ...the lolions can just end it for us.

No, we wont. Because I want to see cutler playoff meltdown and riding a bike in the sideline.

In honesty , beating the bears would make my season. But, lions are like you said truly lolions, hence it wont.

It is also amazing how people here in chicago want bears to lose just so they can fire lovey, its amazing.

MechDX

Reminds me of the Marlins logo. Let's call it a Miami makeover.

new-miami-dolphins-uniforms-570x503.jpg

Go for it!

ari

Banned
No, we wont. Because I want to see cutler playoff meltdown and riding a bike in the sideline.

In honesty , beating the bears would make my season. But, lions are like you said truly lolions, hence it wont.

It is also amazing how people here in chicago want bears to lose just so they can fire lovey, its amazing.
i do too...win win

It's practically been that way since Lovie was hired. He's not Ditka, so they want him gone. I honestly think most Bears fans would love Rex Ryan as the coach. He has the fire and the passion, never mind that he's a toe-sucking clown.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bears lose while the Packers wipe the floor with the Vikings. It would be an appropriate end for the season.

ari

Banned
It's practically been that way since Lovie was hired. He's not Ditka, so they want him gone. I honestly think most Bears fans would love Rex Ryan as the coach. He has the fire and the passion, never mind that he's a toe-sucking clown.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bears lose while the Packers wipe the floor with the Vikings. It would be an appropriate end for the season.
packers lose...bears win. Calling it.

Mrbob

Big Boss is going to be there on Sunday. Heard Phil Emery will be on the sidelines for the Bear/Lions game.

I think Lovie's time is up in Chicago. Avatar will have to be changed.

We said 10 or more wins. U said they wouldn't get 9

Incorrect:

How about we bet if the ravens finish above 10-6 you remove Baltimore from your name and change ur avatar to flacco.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43638079&postcount=2222

11 wins?!? Ok! I'll gladly rock a Flacco all offseason if that happens. I hope you win.

Not dropping Baltimore though. My name is my name.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43638185&postcount=2223

I meant 10-6 or above but I'll bite. I bleed purple.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43638942&postcount=2229

I admire your optimism, and I hope you win.

We can call 10 wins a push.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43639031&postcount=2230

Mrbob

Beat a justin smithless niners.

Beat the cklolcans in the playoffs

And beat the greenbay fuckers at gb for the ultimate revenge fuck.

SB: Bears superbowl champs over denver. Cutlers revenge will propelled him to the most hated brah in the world for denying peppey his due. Yum.

Im drunk.

You're not drunk, friend. You're a realist. Bears get that six seed and the revenge tour indeed starts in San Fran.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The arrows at the ends of the quotes are already links. I wouldn't honor that bet, blarry. Forgetting the terms of bets should be bannable and an immediate forfeiture of betting rights. Reneging on a bet should be a perma. (Yes, gata, I'm talking about you.)

KaYotiX

Banned
Can't believe its the last week of the season. Things looked pretty grim there for the Packers for a while with injuries and just being shitty but we've come a long way. Can't see them folding like they did last year. Plus the Gints turned their afterburners on too late this year so we'll only have to take care of the pretenders like the Seahawks Falcons and 9ers.

I actually feel better this year than I did last year going into the playoffs, I don't automatically assume our D will give up 30 pts a game like last year.

LukeSmith

Pagano said the Colts are playing to win on Sunday, starters are playing. I hope this doesn't backfire horribly.

I am not excited about Drew Stanton playing in the Wild Card round because of a post-cancer #Chuckstrong afterglow

Pagano said the Colts are playing to win on Sunday, starters are playing. I hope this doesn't backfire horribly.

I am not excited about Drew Stanton playing in the Wild Card round because of a post-cancer #Chuckstrong afterglow

Supposedly the Falcons are playing their starters too. For how long, is the real question.

WedgeX

Banned

The Land Dragon shall lead you to the promised championship.

Of course, if it's not promised....

They can really fuck over the Texans by winning so I say go for it.

Big Boss is going to be there on Sunday. Heard Phil Emery will be on the sidelines for the Bear/Lions game.

I think Lovie's time is up in Chicago. Avatar will have to be changed.

I can't even imagine who the next coach would be, if Lovie were fired. Traditionally I'd say some defensive coordinator, but with Cutler and Marshall, I'm not sure. I'm almost certain they won't go after a recycled coach. With paying Lovie off, that would be too much money laid out.

squicken

The goal is to showcase Arians for a HC job so they can bring in Norv Turner next year

Impending free agent Martellus Bennett says he's yet to begin extension talks with the Giants.

However, Bennett says he wants to remain in New York, and would consider taking a "hometown discount." Playing under a one-year deal, Bennett breezed to a career high in catches (54), yards (611) and touchdowns (five) this season. We'd expect him back with the Giants in 2013, most likely on a 2-3 year deal.
Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter
Glad to have him back. He has some consistency issues in the passing game but he's a major upgrade over Ballard/Boss and his blocking is worth the money alone.

Meh. The "rust"/momentum myth was dispelled when both Colts and Saints rested their starters on the road to the SB.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah the old Patriots logo was so classic. It was horrible they changed it!

Some of you fear change.

Some logos should never be changed. Yes I include the Saints fleur de Lis in this.
The Dolphins one has already undergone several changes, so its fair game.

beast786

i do too...win win

I really find bears fans or in general Chicago fans toughest on its own team. But not wanting your team to lose and not go in playoff is crazy. I mean who the hell knows if the next coach will be any good? It's not like your GM has any record on it good or bad.

Smokey

Welp there goes that texans wildcard confirmed

Great season

beast786

That is awesome. If I had any idea what to do with such a device I'd consider it.

you can create any things ie physical models to teach to character models for gaming to car models for son to play with.

I was shocked at price, I thought it would be way more expensive

RBH

scottmitchell.jpg

Former Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell says he was stunned to learn last week that his former teammate, Lomas Brown, has admitted to intentionally missing a block because he wanted Mitchell to get hurt.

Mitchell told Mike Florio on the Dan Patrick Show that Brown always acted like a friend to his face, and Mitchell was shocked to find out what Brown thought about him.

“It just really hurt,” Mitchell said. “It was extremely disappointing. I’m really shocked by it, to be honest. Here’s a guy I’ve had in my house, I had a big dinner for the offensive linemen every year, he came to my house and ate dinner, I gave my offensive linemen gifts every year. For him to do that is just reprehensible, beyond words. It’s really disappointing, it really is painful. When you mess with my family, mess with my livelihood, mess with my health, it’s unacceptable. It’s B.S. I just wouldn’t do it to a teammate. I wouldn’t do it. If Lomas has a problem with me, come talk to me. To try to get someone hurt, it’s just mind-boggling.”

Mitchell suffered a broken finger on his passing hand when Brown allowed Packers defensive end Sean Jones to get a free shot at him in a 1994 game. That injury ended Mitchell’s season, and Mitchell noted that it could have been a lot worse than a broken finger.

“People get seriously hurt in this game,” Mitchell said. “For someone to just lay down like that, it’s unacceptable.”

Mitchell said former teammates, including ex-Lions star receiver Herman Moore, have reached out and told him that Brown was clearly in the wrong.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/scott-mitchell-calls-lomas-brown-reprehensible/

Miroku

I can't even imagine who the next coach would be, if Lovie were fired. Traditionally I'd say some defensive coordinator, but with Cutler and Marshall, I'm not sure. I'm almost certain they won't go after a recycled coach. With paying Lovie off, that would be too much money laid out.

I wonder if they try to pull Cowher out of retirement.

Top Bottom