• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Snaku

Banned
Ænima;45754050 said:
Just saw this on a Redskins message board. Even Texas wants the Skins to win.

espn.jpg

Still 5 days and 7 hours till sunday night, fuckkkkkkkk. At least I have a new 3ds to distract me until then.

They just want to get rid of Romo.

woodchuck

Ænima;45754050 said:
Just saw this on a Redskins message board. Even Texas wants the Skins to win.

espn.jpg

Still 5 days and 7 hours till sunday night, fuckkkkkkkk. At least I have a new 3ds to distract me until then.

from 1 minute ago (at least we have texas)

nd0bp.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Merry Christmas kiddos. I hope you all got all the Nintendos and Playgizmos you asked for from Santy.

MOMMY wont buy me them anymore!!!!!!!!
(sux to be 32 hahahaha)

Hitting up the riverwalk with wife and in-laws. Should be a fun night!! Sporting my Packer pride in downtown San Antonio

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ænima;45755697 said:
Yeah I wouldn't be too upset if Wilson won it, but F Luck. He is only the ROTY for people that think interceptions don't matter and Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback of all time.
He's just having fun out there.

eznark

Banned
MOMMY wont buy me them anymore!!!!!!!!
(sux to be 32 hahahaha)

Hitting up the riverwalk with wife and in-laws. Should be a fun night!! Sporting my Packer pride in downtown San Antonio

You need a better mom. I'm 31 and she jumped at the chance to buy me toys.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ænima;45755697 said:
Yeah I wouldn't be too upset if Wilson won it, but F Luck. He is only the ROTY for people that think interceptions don't matter and Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback of all time.

Despite the interceptions, he's brought that previously 1-15 team to the playoffs without a great defense. I think thats pretty noteworthy.

I'd still put RGIII ahead of him.

Wilson behind both of them cuz that defense of his has been just as, if not more important in winning the games they have than he has. Neither Redskins nor Colts have that same advantage.

Doug Martin and Alfred Morris shouldn't be ignored either. They are both star RB's already. I think Morris might be a top 3 RB, honestly. He really is incredible.

I won't discredit Wilson for his defense. How many teams with great defenses were never able to do much because of ass QB play? Gotta give credit to Wilson for solid play.

Seanspeed

Banned
I won't discredit Wilson for his defense. How many teams with great defenses were never able to do much because of ass QB play? Gotta give credit to Wilson for solid play.

I'm not completely discrediting him. Just saying that other rookies acheivements are perhaps a bit more notable.

I heard he still drives his old 90's Ford Taurus, too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It certainly helps as getting a short field makes everything easier, but Wilson was keeping long drives alive too and then punching it in when the time came.

I'm not completely discrediting him. Just saying that other rookies acheivements are perhaps a bit more notable.

I heard he still drives his old 90's Ford Taurus, too.

Yeah they mention it in the video in the link. A 1991 Mazda 626, 'his baby' as he calls it. Unreal. Hope he gets paid soon.

eznark

Banned
Despite the interceptions, he's brought that previously 1-15 team to the playoffs without a great defense. I think thats pretty noteworthy.

Wilson behind both of them cuz that defense of his has been just as, if not more important in winning the games they have than he has. Neither Redskins nor Colts have that same advantage.

Doug Martin and Alfred Morris shouldn't be ignored either. They are both star RB's already. I think Morris might be a top 3 RB, honestly. He really is incredible.

Wilson
Luck
IRG3/Cousins

That's the correct order.

Ænima

You don't have to have a great defense when you are playing the dregs of the NFL every week though. After the Colts started out 2-3, look at who they played in their 7 wins:

Cleveland W17-13
Tennessee W19-13
Miami W23-20
Jacksonville W27-10
Buffalo W20-13
Detroit W35-33
Tennessee W27-23

Not a single one of those teams can even be considered mediocre, and only the Lions scored more than 23 points against the Colts.

eznark

Banned
Ænima;45756256 said:
You don't have to have a great defense when you are playing the dregs of the NFL every week though. After the Colts started out 2-3, look at who they played in their 7 wins:

Cleveland W17-13
Tennessee W19-13
Miami W23-20
Jacksonville W27-10
Buffalo W20-13
Detroit W35-33
Tennessee W27-23

Not a single one of those teams can even be considered mediocre, and only the Lions scored more than 23 points against the Colts.

Redskins get to play six against the pathetic NFC East though.

bionic77

Ænima;45756256 said:

Cleveland W17-13
Tennessee W19-13
Miami W23-20
Jacksonville W27-10
Buffalo W20-13
Detroit W35-33
Tennessee W27-23

Teams against mediocre teams count too!

I know it all too well. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Colt McCoy is a terrible liar.

Facing a defense that knew he had to pass, backup Colt McCoy was sacked four times during his brief relief appearance for Weeden.

''I was just trying to not get knocked out,'' said McCoy, whose 2011 season ended when he sustained a concussion in Pittsburgh. He hadn't thrown a pass since then in a regular-season game until a wobbly Weeden went out Sunday.

''We were pretty far behind at that point when I got in, so I assumed we would start throwing,'' McCoy said. ''It took a couple series getting used to the pocket - hadn't had any reps, hadn't sat back there in a while - so getting a feel for how those guys were playing, I maybe missed a couple throws early.

''A couple times I just threw the ball in the dirt to let those guys (teammates) rest. We were throwing the ball down the field and those guys were tired.''

Top Bottom