• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

The buzz word in the NFL is "program builder". College coaches that either built up a bad program or restored a formerly good one are seen as guys who can execute a vision to restore a shitty NFL franchise

Jim Harbaugh is the modern archetype. Took shitty Standford and put a system in place that had them competing and winning in the PAC-10, then did the same with a crappy 49ers franchise

But was Syracuse even built up enough to even warrant that? They were 25-25 with him as HC alternating between sub-.500 and bowl-winning seasons. Although this is better than what they had before.

Granted I don't watch a lot of CFB much less Big East football.

You're a bully.

*pets kitty*
Gata and Kave
5679198054_c7ddff25b9.jpg

squicken

Lance Z says Philly deal done. Kelly getting a 5 year deal. LZ wouldn't put it out there if it wasn't a done deal.

sucks for CLE. Marrone was their fall back guy. Now they start over

jakncoke

Banned
Lance Z says Philly deal done. Kelly getting a 5 year deal. LZ wouldn't put it out there if it wasn't a done deal.

So they dodged a bullet twice. Seems like things are up for Browns!

CrankyJay

Banned
There nothing wrong with trying someone new, but say in instance a mountain of new guys best being at the top and you gotta walk up the mountain to get there. But you get bored and tired and settle for a middle guy. Seems to be what you've done here. Time will tell, but his success and failure hinges on the Bills ability to get a real QB. I guess that could be said for any coach you would of gotten

That just about sums it up perfectly...

I hope you are wrong. I am not seeing any of the guys that cover the Eagles saying that.

squicken

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
Eagles were using Vick as bait for Kelly when they first talked to him months ago. Said Vick would fit his scheme.

Vick won't rework his contract for 2 reasons right now: 1. He doesn't trust Philly right now. 2. He knows he's going to get paid by somebody

I hope you are wrong. I am not seeing any of the guys that cover the Eagles saying that.

He's walking it back a bit so I guess I'll add him to the list that can't be trusted. Sigh. Always liked Lance too

eznark

Banned
Eagles were using Vick as bait for Kelly when they first talked to him months ago. Said Vick would fit his scheme.

Vick won't rework his contract for 2 reasons right now: 1. He doesn't trust Philly right now. 2. He knows he's going to get paid by somebody

What a weird confidence. Who is going to pay him?

That second quote doesnt make any sense. Vick was on DNL the day after the season ended saying how much he loved it in and philly and that he would be willing to work with them in order to stay. Vick owes Lurie big time I have no doubt he would restructure if asked to. If the Eagles cut him he will get waaaaaaaaaaaaay less money next year.

jakncoke

Banned
Buffalo would...they need to sell tickets. LOL.

They come up with a new gimmick every year. The Terrell Owens one tricked a lot of people.

Mario Williams last off season got my cousin to think they were going to be 11-5 or 10-6. Fun times in crazy land.

eznark

Banned
Someone will. What available QB is better than Vick?

The only starter Id put below Vick is Sanchez and Weeden. I can't think of a situation where he could be successful. Just turns the ball over way, way too much.

Put him behind the Cardinals line? Lol. Maybe the Jets I guess.

Squicken, so Lance Z dosent know shit?

@LanceZierlein false. A fake account posted it and that blew up last night. Rick dennison has permission to talk to da bears though
Eagles interviewing McCoy today

What have you done for me lately. This is the NFL

We will see where he ends up and how he does but if a team uses him like the Eagles did the first half of 2010 he can be very successful. If you use him like the Eagles did the last 2 years then yeah he is going to do terrible.

JCizzle

so rg3 is hurt? there is a damn conspiracy going on.

RG3 has been hurt for 3-4 weeks. He looked 60-70% against the Cowboys and due to his lack of good footwork, he looked like a different player. He couldn't rely on his athleticism and lost a lot of his accuracy. He NEEDS to spend the offseason with Steve Young if he wants to take the next step forward.

eznark

Banned
We will see where he ends up and how he does but if a team uses him like the Eagles did the first half of 2010 he can be very successful. If you use him like the Eagles did the last 2 years then yeah he is going to do terrible.

Vick will be 33 years old when the season starts. Add on the concussions and core injuries and he is in a 40 year olds body. No one will value him more than Philly. Dude needs to embrace this apparent new lease on his career and grasp it like grim death. Do whatever it takes to get the shot.

squicken

BlackGhost I edited my post earlier on him walking it back

As far as Vick, I'm guessing he thinks he can get paid doing what Griffin and Wislon are doing, and won't need to restructure. He's going to say all the right things about Philly, because, while still a disgusting human being, prison taught him, as it does all sociopaths, to at least fake being a decent one

The only starter Id put below Vick is Sanchez and Weeden. I can't think of a situation where he could be successful. Just turns the ball over way, way too much.

Put him behind the Cardinals line? Lol. Maybe the Jets I guess.

I can think of 6 franchises that would jump to get Vick. Dude's stock has fallen, but the league is infatuated with read option and Vick could run that easily.

This and the Haley thing destroyed my opinion of this dude. Can't stand the "me first" twitter reporting crap.

As far as Vick, I'm guessing he thinks he can get paid doing what Griffin and Wislon are doing, and won't need to restructure. He's going to say all the right things about Philly, because, while still a disgusting human being, prison taught him, as it does all sociopaths, to at least fake being a decent one

I will be very happy when he isnt an Eagle anymore because he is such a disgusting person so I hope he doesnt restructure and the Eagles tell him to get fucked. He is totally insane if he wont work with the Eagles. Part of $18m is way more then he could possibly ever hope to get as a FA. There would only be a few teams interested in him, and there are so many questions about him, no way would a bidding war breakout.

BigAT

Cards traded a second and a pretty good CB for Kevin Kolb. Let's not pretend that every NFL organization is run well enough that there aren't several dumb ones that want to try to make something happen with Vick.

Cards traded a second and a pretty good CB for Kevin Kolb. Let's not pretend that every NFL organization is run well enough that there aren't several dumb ones that want to try to make something happen with Vick.

Kolb was young, had almost no history of injuries at that point, and had played at least decently up to that point. It made sense that a desperate team would overpay for a guy like that.

squicken

This and the Haley thing destroyed my opinion of this dude. Can't stand the "me first" twitter reporting crap.

Well the Jets fired Schotty after a lame attempt to prop him up as a HC candidate in a few places. No coordinators are getting hired right now, so no reason to fire him while he could still be in the running in AZ. Not saying he's going to get fired, I'm just not putting that on the demerit pile yet

But the Kelly thing is lame. Didn't verify it before firing it off

ari

Banned
Why won't he just stay with the eagles? This was his worst year ever but its not like his team or his coaching helped him much.

Top Bottom