• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Tom Penny

This job is for factory work. I dont know, seems like there would be. Firefighters might be working but if they are like the ones from my town they are sleeping, playing basketball and lifting most that time.

I don't think there are any laws. Once you exceed 40+ hours there is probably OT laws though for time and a half etc..how many days a week is that job?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So more likely that Kelly stays in Oregon now eh?

What the hell is our backup to the backup to the backup plan? Whisenhunt? Lovie?

Slo

Of round 4, yes.

It'd be pretty funny if you guys got Manuel and Ponder backed him up.

rain_zpsfbcd6fb6.gif

Godslay

Banned
white guilt

:you

I'd tell you to add me, but I'd just delete you if your stupid team makes the SB.

Fine! Be that way, if you change your mind, same name as on gaf.

It begins!

I was actually fairly busy this week. I played on Monday. I've also been working on stuff, while posting on Gaf. I did get sucked into Gunman Clive too.

I have played it quite a bit already. Beat Mario, and I've been going back through getting all the Star Coins and completing bits of Star Road (Run for it was a bitch btw), before fully committing to ZombiU. It's not gathering dust for lack of games.

SpinDasher, are you sure you sent it to the right person? I don't have one from you.

Tom Penny

I didn't realize how crappy Dalton is and the Bengals pass game. They won a bunch of games with him throwing like 200 yards a game or less with multiple stinkers of 150 or less.

Vyroxis

Banned
Well, after looking back at the game and what all went wrong (oofta), here are my final thoughts on it.

1: Frazier knew our odds of beating the packers, and decided to save his preferred choice at QB and threw Webb under the bus. Which is fine since Ponder is a decent QB, while Webb is flat out dog shit. And now we can get rid of him.

2: We desperately need to work on our receivers. Simpson is alright, Wright has shown some talent in his first year, and Rudolf is great when he can break away. But we need to focus on them more because as we saw last night, when you have Peterson carrying the entire offense it becomes painfully easy to shut us down. And speaking of Peterson....

3: Our pass D blows ass. Seriously. Any halfway decent QB with a mediocre receiver can bomb it down the field on us over and over again to get to the red zone. It's been this way for years it seems, and needs to stop. Our run D is awesome, however.

And now, looking towards the off season....

1: Dump Harvin. The guy is great, but way to fragile. See if we can find anyone who would give us something for him, and if not send his ass packing. We have other receivers we can build up.

2: Don't even bother trying to trade Webb, just tell him to pack his shit and gtfo. Nobody will want him after that miserable showing, and I mean nobody. The guys isn't even worthy of being a practice squad member. He is just flat out bad. Why we passed on Rosenfels for that clown, I have no idea. But now we have paid the price.

3: Adrian He-Cant-Be-Human Peterson. The man is a running machine. He is the biggest asset on the Vikings offensive line. He is also very, very valuable. If the Vikings are smart, they will look to other spots on the roster than are in need of improvement, and put Peterson on the auction block to see what they can get for him while his stock is red hot. Losing a running back that great would hurt, but if we can fill other spots that are more in need than RB it might be a trade worth making.

JasonColeYahoo: Browns flying back home today without answer from Chip Kelly yet

Jeff McLane was saying there's now a school of thought that Kelly will end up staying at Oregon :jnc

Lombardi on NFLN said he is hearing a good chance he stays. All this just to get a pay raise, lol.

Greg

Well, after looking back at the game and what all went wrong (oofta), here are my final thoughts on it.

1: Frazier knew our odds of beating the packers, and decided to save his preferred choice at QB and threw Webb under the bus. Which is fine since Ponder is a decent QB, while Webb is flat out dog shit. And now we can get rid of him.

2: We desperately need to work on our receivers. Simpson is alright, Wright has shown some talent in his first year, and Rudolf is great when he can break away. But we need to focus on them more because as we saw last night, when you have Peterson carrying the entire offense it becomes painfully easy to shut us down. And speaking of Peterson....

3: Our pass D blows ass. Seriously. Any halfway decent QB with a mediocre receiver can bomb it down the field on us over and over again to get to the red zone. It's been this way for years it seems, and needs to stop. Our run D is awesome, however.

And now, looking towards the off season....

1: Dump Harvin. The guy is great, but way to fragile. See if we can find anyone who would give us something for him, and if not send his ass packing. We have other receivers we can build up.

2: Don't even bother trying to trade Webb, just tell him to pack his shit and gtfo. Nobody will want him after that miserable showing, and I mean nobody. The guys isn't even worthy of being a practice squad member. He is just flat out bad. Why we passed on Rosenfels for that clown, I have no idea. But now we have paid the price.

3: Adrian He-Cant-Be-Human Peterson. The man is a running machine. He is the biggest asset on the Vikings offensive line. He is also very, very valuable. If the Vikings are smart, they will look to other spots on the roster than are in need of improvement, and put Peterson on the auction block to see what they can get for him while his stock is red hot. Losing a running back that great would hurt, but if we can fill other spots that are more in need than RB it might be a trade worth making.
This is what I come back to...

Tom Penny

Only thing you trade Peterson for is a good QB and nobody trades a good QB for a RB and there are no teams with 2 good QB's on their roster with one to spare. QB's win big in this league except in the rare case of a total lock down defense. You wouldn't get equal value for Peterson. Herschel Walker trades aren't happening. Unless you think Ponder can get them to a SB trading him won't help much.

Leslie is good friends with Tony Dungy. Tony was touting Webb like he had heard how good he was from someone. I'm thinking Frazier thought he had something. And then that something shit all over Lambeau Field in primetime.

squicken

I didn't realize how crappy Dalton is and the Bengals pass game. They won a bunch of games with him throwing like 200 yards a game or less with multiple stinkers of 150 or less.

And he has AJ Green and a solid OL! They really need to do something. I know it's a bad offseason to be trying to upgrade, but he is holding them back. Lots of teams have lots of needs, and QB can be fixed another day. They must fix their QB now

eznark

Banned
Webb has been some "best kept secret" for three years. Vikings fans have been trying to drum up a QB controversy all year. PFT retards said the Vikings New Years resolution should be to use Webb more.

The Vikings definitely believed in him. Frazier believed in him, Dungy believed in him. That's it.

Dalton was 43 out of 139 (30.9%) passing for a 1st on 3rd down. 16th in the AFC.

Why is that?

Because AJ Green had only 10 catches on 3rd down all year.

He isn't much without chuck it to AJ. And still that was almost enough to maybe win yesterday but he missed him.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think the returning to Oregon story is a last ditch attempt by his team to get more money out of either the Browns or Eagles. Why would he return when they're going to get sanctioned, even if it is just a slap on the wrist?

I think the returning to Oregon story is a last ditch attempt by his team to get more money out of either the Browns or Eagles. Why would he return when they're going to get sanctioned, even if it is just a slap on the wrist?
I'm getting sick of this whole situation right now.
I'll still celebrate like alittle school school if we get him, but I'm souring

Wes

venison crêpe
@RapSheet
Push coming from #Oregon booster Phil Knight, I hear. 1 factor pulling Chip Kelly back to Oregon. Eagles, Browns regrouping. No decisions

Fuck boosters. That is some shady stuff.

Top Bottom