• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Nakazato

Ive been up for 3 hours. With no tv on. Im preparing myself for the last time i can possibly ever see my idol play again. Ive been a ravens fan since i was 9 and im 25 now and to know i wont ever see 52 on the field again after this season hurts. But i know in 2018-19 ill be at the foh induction.

eznark

Banned
Bills, Jets, Jags, Chiefs, Raiders, Cards.

Philly too, since it seems Lurie wants to keep him.

Oh man Raiders would be perfect. I can't see Reid going that way again considering he benched him or garbage. I'd feel bad for the Bills if they got him. He'd die in Arizona.

I don't see any team looking to rebuild going for a 33 year old comin off a severe concussion. But as BigAT said, there are a lot desperate people in personnel departments so anything is possible.

brentech

1 Vick is past his prime for what he was best at.
2 he's fragile
3 most teams aren't willing to go after him because they rightfully still think he's scum.
4 I don't think most teams with QB need look at Vick and see a player that will elevate their team to anything better than 7-9 if lucky. He's not even what he used to be, and that was a marginal QB at his best.

Well the Jets fired Schotty after a lame attempt to prop him up as a HC candidate in a few places. No coordinators are getting hired right now, so no reason to fire him while he could still be in the running in AZ. Not saying he's going to get fired, I'm just not putting that on the demerit pile yet

But the Kelly thing is lame. Didn't verify it before firing it off

Again though, before Ben's injury he was having his best season ever and Haley was championed by the FO when picked as the guy. It just screamed bullshit on every level.

Seanspeed

Banned
Its all well and good getting rid of a guy you think is holding you back, but you need somebody else that you think can do a better job. Foles doesn't seem to be the answer. Philly were probably hoping he'd do better, but he wasn't good except for a single game. Lots of teams are in a similar position of probably wanting somebody else, but there's not really a lot of good QB's in line for jobs right now. It'll just be a reshuffling of the current disappointers.

MechDX

DfTQdl.jpg

That would make me Scar. If thats the case I would have kick Simba'a ass!

Mark Amspoker‏@huskers1217

@LanceZierlein false. A fake account posted it and that blew up last night. Rick dennison has permission to talk to da bears though

Retweeted by Lance Zierlein

So the Bears are interviewing and OC that doesnt do much of anything. I dont even know what Dennison does since Kubiak calls all the plays.

1 Vick is past his prime for what he was best at.
2 he's fragile
3 most teams aren't willing to go after him because they rightfully still think he's scum.
4 I don't think most teams with QB need look at Vick and see a player that will elevate their team to anything better than 7-9 if lucky. He's not even what he used to be, and that was a marginal QB at his best.

Half the league is full of guys like that. If you're a coach and a guy gives you the chance to win one more game a year, you take it. Jags went with Chad Henne as their starter fer chrissakes.

squicken

Its all well and good getting rid of a guy you think is holding you back, but you need somebody else that you think can do a better job. Foles doesn't seem to be the answer. Philly were probably hoping he'd do better, but he wasn't good except for a single game. Lots of teams are in a similar position of probably wanting somebody else, but there's not really a lot of good QB's in line for jobs right now. It'll just be a reshuffling of the current disappointers.

Some situations are different, though. Watching Ponder and Dalton, I'm not sure they have the physical ability to be more than they are. Wilson and Bress may have put to bed the height deal, but no one has really done it with noodle arms

Maybe Flacco can be better with better coaching? Who would want Cam Cameron developing their franchise QB? Or Jake Locker and Chris Palmer, who Peyton Manning thinks is an idiot?

Godslay

Banned

I don't think you can really place judgment on Foles quite yet. He's a rookie on a losing team, with a coach that was at the end of the line. He very well could be serviceable with some development and the the right coach/coaches. It depends on who they hire, what system they are going to run, and what other QBs they can bring in. The best situation for him would to be able to get a solid veteran QB for him to sit behind. The only problem is that there aren't any of them out there right now afaik.

JCizzle

Imagine getting tix to the Baltimore game, then driving down 295 to catch 3/4 of the Skins game. Would be an awesome, awesome experience.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Also fuck you again BG for introducing me to OBR. Place is scum right now with the Chip Kelly stuff.

Those Browns fans don't even care about winning they just want to stay miserable for all time. Nothing pleases them.

MechDX

Dennison was the Broncos offensive coordinator when Cutler and Marshall were there.

Yeah I can read twitter. Thanks for sharing

Chicagos personel would do rather good in a ZBS and Forte could thrive in it. I just honestly dont know what Dennison actually does.

KingGondo

Banned
Those Browns fans don't even care about winning they just want to stay miserable for all time. Nothing pleases them.
That's one thing I've noticed from the Plain Dealer comments sections... Virulent negativity and endless fucking flamewars about Colt McCoy vs. Weeden.

They haven't won in so long that most of the fans are content to simply root for their favorite player and troll the other fans on message boards. Ugh.

Also fuck you again BG for introducing me to OBR. Place is scum right now with the Chip Kelly stuff.

Posted: Today 8:25 AM
AP's failures continued proof why Richardson was a mistake
Great QB plus RB off the street destroyed crummy QB plus the world's greatest RB....and it wasn't even close. The Green Bay/Minny game tells us everything we need to know.

RB's just don't make that much of a difference. The production from a great one and a Chris Ogbanaya is not significant. It's the quarterback...always will be.

That's why failing to acquire RG3 or staying put and drafting Tannehill is plenty reason to show Heckert the door.

:lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly I'm close to just never going back there.

As an expert of shit teams that place has got to be the most negative team forum I've ever been on.

Yeah I can read twitter. Thanks for sharing

Chicagos personel would do rather good in a ZBS and Forte could thrive in it. I just honestly dont know what Dennison actually does.

Shanahan called the plays when Dennison was with the Broncos. Assuming his responsibilities with the Texans are the same, he does everything an offensive coordinator does during the week--watch tape, prep the game plan and implement it with the players. During game day he'll help make all the necessary adjustments, and make play suggestions. The only difference is the head coach makes the ultimate final call.

Bowser

JasonColeYahoo: Browns flying back home today without answer from Chip Kelly yet

Jeff McLane was saying there's now a school of thought that Kelly will end up staying at Oregon :jnc

jakncoke

Banned
Isn't there some kind of laws regarding hours you can work in a day. Looking over a job for packaging 6 am to 10:30 pm thats 16.5 hours a day and you prob only get paid for 16.

RBH

Dr. James Andrews told USA Today Sports that he didn't clear Robert Griffin III to return for four plays against the Baltimore Ravens on Dec. 9 when he sprained his knee as Mike Shanahan had told reporters after that game and that he's still worried about the Washington Redskins quarterback's knee, even though he has been cleared to play.

When asked why he risked Griffin's long-term health by letting the quarterback return to the game, Shanahan had said he only let Griffin return after he got the OK from Andrews, who was on the team's sideline.

"He's the one that gives me that information," Shanahan said on Dec. 10. "It's way over my head."

Griffin left after the four plays and Kirk Cousins finished the game, helping the Redskins win in overtime.

"(Shanahan) didn't even let us look at him," Andrews told USA Today Sports. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Andrews told USA Today Sports that he made the call to shut Griffin down on Dec. 9.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told USA Today. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

Griffin again will wear a brace on his knee Sunday in Washington's wild-card playoff game against the Seahawks. He missed the Redskins' Dec. 16th win over the Browns but has worn the brace since returning on Dec. 23.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...skins-not-told-dr-james-andrews-re-enter-game

Tom Penny

Isn't there some kind of laws regarding hours you can work in a day. Looking over a job for packaging 6 am to 10:30 pm thats 16.5 hours a day and you prob only get paid for 16.

Some firefighters work 2 days straight...and they have to give you a lunch. There is your .5

Top Bottom