• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
OK then. RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns Haslam: "We're going to begin very quickly to look for a new head coach first, then GM.''

huh

jakncoke

Banned
Oh damn Anton Sugar looks like SUCH a fool now. Next you'll say Terry Bradshaw is better than Peyton!

Anton Sugar means jack shit to me, didnt know him before today. Skipped over his post today as well. Rule 34, No matter how well constructed your argument is, it can be passed over. Also why am I responding to a bastard pats troll

He's way ahead in rapes too.

iFV6yE7lsgKFO.gif

this poster can be used for the second week in a row.

612_1356890910.jpg

GO VIKEBIKE!

I'm fearful of an AGOD revenge game, but this MN team has been hot the past 4 weeks.
From 3-13 to a 10-6 playoff team. They didn't back in to the playoffs- they fucking earned it.
Frazier has made me a believer.
Win or lose, it's been a hell of a fun year.

Great game yesterday, PackGAF. Legendary. Saturday night will be entertaining. :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We won't actually have a GM. It's more a personnel director.

And just to add they just said in the presser that the head coach will have a big say on roster.

Banner looks like is trying to shape this up like how Philly was back in the glory days.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JayGlazer

The Bears have already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. He's a very, very hot name right now

Anton Sugar means jack shit to me, didnt know him before today. Skipped over his post today as well. Rule 34, No matter how well constructed your argument is, it can be passed over. Also why am I responding to a bastard pats troll

That hurts. We've argued before, when I was known as Mr. Snrub.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Playoffs, schmayoffs. It's time for off-season talk.

Steelers FA list:

S Will Allen QB Charlie Batch WR Plaxico Burress S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith LB Larry Foote RG Ramon Foster WR David Gilreath NT Casey Hampton CB Justin King QB Byron Leftwich OG Doug Legursky CB Keenan Lewis LB Marshall McFadden RB Rashard Mendenhall FS Ryan Mundy TE Leonard Pope LT Max Starks NT Alameda Ta'amu LS Greg Warren

Steelers 2013 Restricted Free Agents

RB Jonathan Dwyer NT Steve McLendon RB Issac Redman WR Emmanuel Sanders LB Stevenson Sylvester CB Josh Victorian
Must resign Allen, Mundy, Lewis and Sanders. Others may be brought back for depth. Plenty of retirements on this list. Odd that all three NT's are FA's.

Miroku

People like you have been saying for past 7 years. When will it ever show up.

Maybe when he has an offensive line and receivers who know how to run their routes. Keep in mind that Jay is the first QB in Bears history to have 3 3000 yard seasons.

Dragon

Banned

I think we all learned the ultimate rule. Don't argue with jakncoke or your brain will explode.

EAGLES ANNOUNCE REID'S TENURE HAS ENDED

The 14-year head coaching tenure of Andy Reid has ended, the Philadelphia Eagles announced on Monday morning.
The organization’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Lurie will hold a noon press conference today at the NovaCare Complex to discuss the decision to dismiss Reid, who led the Eagles to six NFC East titles, five NFC Championship Games and Super Bowl 39 in the 2004 season.

"Andy Reid won the most games of any head coach in Eagles’ history and he is someone I respect greatly and will remain friends with for many years to come,” said Lurie. "But, it is time for the Eagles to move in a new direction. Andy leaves us with a winning tradition that we can build upon. And we are very excited about the future.”

Reid joined the team in 1999 and immediately turned the fortunes of the franchise around by attracting a strong coaching staff, and making solid moves in free agency and in the NFL draft. The Eagles reached the playoffs one season later, in 2000, the first of nine postseason trips in Reid’s 14 seasons leading the football operations.

His 140 victories are a franchise record and rank 22nd on the all-time NFL coaching list.

The Eagles concluded the 2012 season with a 4-12 record after their 42-7 loss to the Giants on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

"The search for the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles will begin immediately," said Lurie.

Man such a sad day today. I really hope they can find someone better but I really doubt it. I dont have any numbers to bback this up but I would be willing to bet that most coaching changes dont work out, and there are so many other teams this year competing for coaches. I wish they had fired Reid last year, then they could have traded up and gotten a great QB like Wilson to build the team around. Sucks that there were 3 great QBs in the draft and the Eagles couldnt get one. Hopefully they get the new coach in place quickly and they can start this long painful rebuilding process.

Hunter S.

Buckethead should never do the original posts. Though it is much better knowing the broncos are the number one seed and rank in the top 5 for every positive statistical category on both sides of the ball.

KingGondo

Banned
@JayGlazer

The Bears have already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. He's a very, very hot name right now
It always blows my mind how the shine of Brady/Peyton rubs off on their OCs.

McCoy might be an excellent coach, but if I was doing hiring I'd want to see him elevate a mediocre QB to the playoffs, not benefit from the resurgence of one of the best QBs ever.

Wes

venison crêpe
#Browns Haslam: "We're going to begin very quickly to look for a new head coach first, then GM.''

#Browns Haslam: "We're not going to get into specific names. We think this is a very attractive job...Head coach will have final say/roster'

Smells like Chip Kelly to me.

Mike Mullarkey - "Up until the point that they scored 4 TDs on us, we were looking good."

Enjoy your shitty fucking team, Jags fans.

squicken

Hey squicken how do you not have the Eagles as a top 2 opening? 3rd youngest team in the league, really stacked with talent at several positions, an owner willing to spend. I would think that the Eagles will be a very desirable opening, they only thing missing is the QB but the Browns also dont have a QB and you had they as a top 2 opening.

Browns have a defense though. There's a lot of pressure on the Eagles offense and the young QB to score. In CLE, if they move on from Weeden, their defense can keep them in games as the QB grows. They also have an OL

It's a really under-looked part of Wilson's development. He really can't make timing throws consistently to sustain drives. They thrive on big plays, but also have a lot of non-productive drives. Their defense keeps them in it and made it so that he just needed to hit those few big plays a game and not make mistakes

beast786

Maybe when he has an offensive line and receivers who know how to run their routes. Keep in mind that Jay is the first QB in Bears history to have 3 3000 yard seasons.

That is not saying much either. Cutler also has been given the best WR than any other recent past QB either. History of chicago QB is not that great to compare.

beast, seriously, why does it matter?

Because his contract is coming up. I would agree, there isnt anything out there better in FA or draft.

Bowser

McCoy might be an excellent coach, but if I was doing hiring I'd want to see him elevate a mediocre QB to the playoffs, not benefit from the resurgence of one of the best QBs ever.

pb-120108-tebow-cannon.photoblog900.jpg

Miroku

Didnt he elevate Tim Tebow to the playoffs last year?

KingGondo

Banned
Fair enough. I didn't realize he was OC last year too.

Congrats Bears fans! The Tebow Train is comin'... to your citayyyyy!

Browns have a defense though. There's a lot of pressure on the Eagles offense and the young QB to score. In CLE, if they move on from Weeden, their defense can keep them in games as the QB grows. They also have an OL

It's a really under-looked part of Wilson's development. He really can't make timing throws consistently to sustain drives. They thrive on big plays, but also have a lot of non-productive drives. Their defense keeps them in it and made it so that he just needed to hit those few big plays a game and not make mistakes

dude

its the browns

Top Bottom