• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

Peggies

Gold Member
Haha, just took this picture at my tram station.

Just one little election victory for the far rights and look what time it is.

cLS8mnx.jpeg

Coincidence Reaction GIF

nush

Gold Member
How it started
We hosted dinner for some old college friends. I passed out like a light weight around 7:30 PM after smoking some of their fine Canadian buds. So here I am up in the middle of the night watching Disney+ and shit lol. I feel like I am back in college.

How it went
I need to take more random days off. Feels good sitting in the den in my pajamas goofing off on the PS5 on a Wednesday morning while everyone else is engaged with the rat race.
How it ended
I have the crappiest headache this morning. Ugh.

Thaedolus

When I hear how Peppa Pig’s dad pronounces tomato and basil I feel like we should 1776 all over again. Also it’s supposed to be 101 (38.3C) here today, oh dear whatever shall I do (throw my kids in a pool)

BIG SWINGIN MURRICAN HOG OVER HERE

But anyway, shit, some nice caprese sounds good right now

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
When I hear how Peppa Pig’s dad pronounces tomato and basil I feel like we should 1776 all over again.

Watch some Postman Pat with your kids and get back to me.

Did you know they dubbed Postman Pat in Chinese for that market? It was amazing. Peppa Pig in China is called Pei Wei, but the dub is still on point. Dora the Explorer still works in Chinese, it's a solid basic Chinese language learning show even for my boomer ass.

Thaedolus

Watch some Postman Pat with your kids and get back to me.

Did you know they dubbed Postman Pat in Chinese for that market? It was amazing. Peppa Pig in China is called Pei Wei, but the dub is still on point. Dora the Explorer still works in Chinese, it's a solid basic Chinese language learning show even for my boomer ass.
No, I am not educated on the UK > Chinese children programming dubbing intricacies

T8SC

Anyone else have issues on mobile when you try to post an image, click insert, but instead it posts whatever you wrote without the image? :messenger_unamused:

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Maybe. But at least I'm not living with my mum and her husband spending my weekends fixing her printer.
Sheeeeit girl, cuttin to the quick over here.

Anyway, always nice to find a recipe you want to try and find your spouse has tossed a key item in the process. We used to have a big ass pot, which would be very helpful in brining a big ass brisket to make homemade pastrami. Alas. Someone got rid of it.

I swear to Christ it’s like if we don’t use something for 5 fucking minutes then it’s declared clutter and it disappears.

Peggies

Gold Member
Sheeeeit girl, cuttin to the quick over here.

Anyway, always nice to find a recipe you want to try and find your spouse has tossed a key item in the process. We used to have a big ass pot, which would be very helpful in brining a big ass brisket to make homemade pastrami. Alas. Someone got rid of it.

I swear to Christ it’s like if we don’t use something for 5 fucking minutes then it’s declared clutter and it disappears.
Gosh I hope I wasn't. I was not, was I nush nush ?

On the other topic:

IGcaOHS.jpeg

Thaedolus

Gosh I hope I wasn't. I was not, was I nush nush ?

On the other topic:

IGcaOHS.jpeg
The best quote I heard on this subject was that every man has a box of cables in the house just in case someday we’ll need one of them and if that day comes and we don’t have it the instinct is to LITERALLY HANG OURSELVES WITH WHAT WE GOT.

YES I need this RF adapter for my 1985 NES, and the lady at least knows anything in that closet is off limits. But goddammit I could use a big pot to make this pastrami recipe right now, but apparently that one was clutter item too many

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Apparently this recipe calls for some pink salt I need to climb Everest to get my hands on
Himalayan pink salt, you mean?

I thought the pink salt fad died out a few years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I do love me some flaky salt, though, especially for finishing grilled meats and vegetables.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It finally rained here after a week+ long drought, reducing the temp well beneath 90F. But, I got caught up in that thunderstorm and drivers here downtown turn into fucking invalids when it sprinkles let alone pours, so driving home from was a bitch and I had to charge through my front yard in a thunderstorm drenching y brand new Polo shirt and Adidas.

nush

Gold Member
The best quote I heard on this subject was that every man has a box of cables in the house just in case someday we’ll need one of them and if that day comes and we don’t have it the instinct is to LITERALLY HANG OURSELVES WITH WHAT WE GOT.

YES I need this RF adapter for my 1985 NES, and the lady at least knows anything in that closet is off limits. But goddammit I could use a big pot to make this pastrami recipe right now, but apparently that one was clutter item too many

Here's the test, go find a mini USB because you're not charging your Wii U pro controllers without one. Mini, not micro.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

I keep a bag of old cables of every conceivable kind in my home office closet for this very reason.

Some time in like, hell, 2014 or so, I needed a cable that I know I owned at some point. Well, turned out I had discarded it. Now I hoard them joinks.

Thaedolus

Here's the test, go find a mini USB because you're not charging your Wii U pro controllers without one. Mini, not micro.
Trick question: Wii U is like the only Nintendo console beside Virtual Boy I never bought.

But I have micro and mini just in case my dad brings his over.

Some time in like, hell, 2014 or so, I needed a cable that I know I owned at some point. Well, turned out I had discarded it.
Community Reaction GIF

nush

Gold Member
Some time in like, hell, 2014 or so, I needed a cable that I know I owned at some point. Well, turned out I had discarded it. Now I hoard them joinks.

Sometimes, I find some old electronic device for cheap, because it's got none of the custom cables. Into my box of wires I go. Winner.

Nydius

Shopping for life insurance fucking sucks.
Most of these places that claim they'll accept you with no medical history? They lie.

Thaedolus

Himalayan pink salt, you mean?

I thought the pink salt fad died out a few years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I do love me some flaky salt, though, especially for finishing grilled meats and vegetables.
I got the pink salt, I got that shit for days. But this like pink salt #1 brine salt or some shit. And I just bought $45 worth of brisket so I need to find the right stuff because if I post a pic in the cooking thread it needs to look good

Top Bottom