• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
loop laugh GIF

Where is your AC now?!

Warmest greetings from a country where not even fucking public transportation has AC.

Must be nice. I would literally - literally - die without AC in the summer.

Also, I have 213 followers on BlueSky now, and only two are bots (one shares great deals on games and the other men's fashion, so they cool with me). I only had like 201 on Twitter. BlueSky is also awesome with all of the improvements and features they've made lately. Sorry to sound like a shill (I wish, I'd love to get paid for sharing an opinion) but it's nice to have a social media platform again where everyone is nice and engages a lot and are not ball bags. I am sure it will get worse when another five or so million join, but for now I am loving it.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I’m supposed to flip the brisket in the brine but it’s so full in the roasting pan I used I’m afraid to move it lest it spill everywhere.

Also- free laptop living with momma? I should go be unemployed in the UK

T8SC

You come to see my jolly green muthafuckin giant? heeee heeee

Heeeheee only on a Monday or a Tuesday or a Wednesday or a Thursday or a Friday or a Saturday but not a Sunday cos I'm chilling heeeeeheeeeee Craiiiiig David. Can I get a bo selecta, come on Kes.

nush

Gold Member
It’s 11:30 PM, still hot, got the window open to cool down with no AC because England.

Now is the perfect time for them to close the road and run a jackhammer. Option one, close the window to cut out the noise and not sleep because of the heat. Option two keep the window open and not sleep because of the jackhammer noise.

T8SC

It’s 11:30 PM, still hot, got the window open to cool down with no AC because England.

Now is the perfect time for them to close the road and run a jackhammer. Option one, close the window to cut out the noise and not sleep because of the heat. Option two keep the window open and not sleep because of the jackhammer noise.

401009e2-16f9-4424-a21b-c2350ddfae98_text.gif

Thaedolus

5rU8uhh.png

*boop*

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

Englishman here. I have two aircons because I can't cope with my gentleman's purse sticking to my inner thighs.

Cat Face GIF

Thaedolus

Fuck I’m at the lab today because there’s an audit tomorrow and the A/C isn’t working, so I’m in there with dress pants, a lab coat, safety goggles, hair and beard covers going through the drawers and shit…I normally work remote but today I got to be in the sweat shop looking for expired reagents

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Finally, I've been hired! No more benefits life for me. Just an hour before the UK government "Help you get a job" company confirmed that the new laptop I had requested to "Help me get a job" was ready for collection.

Free new laptop, sweet.

everything-worked-out-eric-cartman.gif
Good to hear, my dude! 😎

Peggies

Gold Member
I have two aircons because I can't cope with my gentleman's purse sticking to my inner thighs.
I'll be getting one when I have my own place again.
Do you have one/want to buy one of these ac's with hose? I honestly thinking of getting one of these silly things although it needs a lot of space, vampires energy and looks like shit. But I'm desperate.

Fuck that heat! Fuck fuck fuck it. Shit.

nush

Gold Member
Do you have one/want to buy one of these ac's with hose? I honestly thinking of getting one of these silly things although it needs a lot of space, vampires energy and looks like shit. But I'm desperate.

I'd be getting a split unit. Those portable ones with hoses are shit.

Peggies

Gold Member
I'd be getting a split unit. Those portable ones with hoses are shit.

Oh wow. That's super fancy (as in really exepnsive, no?) and I'm not sure If building management would approve.

But yes, that would be much much nicer than the portable shit.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

Yeah mine aren't built in they're portable. My chinchilla gets one upstairs and we get the other one downstairs. I place them on chairs so the hose will reach out of the window.

iQ8xIQQ.jpeg

Last edited:

Thaedolus

You could always do the ice in the cooler with a fan, that’s a good trick! We might have to do that with the client audit today, or just rush them through the lab tour with the broken A/C because JFC I was sweating balls in there. At least it’s only supposed to be 85F today

Thaedolus

I hope that hawk tuah meme is a psyop where that girl gets an only fans cause…

Anyway, if the auditor tries to write up a finding about qualifying an incubator by bracketing high and low set points but not the actual range in use…daddy’s got a response for you bwahahahaahaaaaaaaaa

(It’s not in the fuckin standard let’s go girlfriend)

T8SC

#RANT#

The website, HotUKDeals, is a fucking sham these days. Looking at it's TrustPilot rating, I'm not alone in thinking this. Has anyone here used it & seen a difference over the years?

1. Mods reposting deals that regular members originally posted.
  2. Mods spamming basic shite stuff you get in Emails for any old website. "Crocs 20% off summer extravaganza".
  3. Reposts over and over.
  4. Very few actual genuine deals.
  5. Affiliate links from big companies to make profit over deals from smaller retailers.
  6. Cheap Chinese tat.
Try to find a deal posted by someone other than - Kittybots, Alphamike, Ken, RockstarRobbo, Chanchi32, Suzy18

The site used to be good, but it seems when Pepper took over, it's massively fell from grace.

A few examples:

Quiksilver - Flash Sale up to 60% off Sweatshirts and Jackets + Extra 15% + Extra 10% off with Code + Free Delivery For members with code
Selfridges - Now Up to 60% off Selfridges Further Reductions Sale (All Departments clothing, kids, bags, beauty, home & tech) + free click & collect
Hollister - Up to 50% off Hollister Members Early Access Sale + Extra 10% off Student discount (free click & collect)
Size? - Now Up to 70% Off Size Final reductions Sale Men's & Women's + click & collect available
Homebase - Up to 40% Off Garden Furniture & BBQ'S + Free click & collect (Free delivery over £100)

Basically the title of Emails received, reposted as a "deal". Pathetic.

I was gonna post this as a new topic but don't think it deserved one. I just wanted a rant.

nush

Gold Member
It's just another marketing portal now by the sound of things. There's probably something else out there that's similar but smaller.

Top Bottom