• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

RS4-

I'll get it day 1. Going to pre my copy on Wednesday at EB; I'm too lazy and I don't want to go around to local mom and pop stores to find an early copy.

Oh and I'll play any position not named goalie :lol Time to put that two way forward to good use I suppose.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
I'll get it day 1. Going to pre my copy on Wednesday at EB; I'm too lazy and I don't want to go around to local mom and pop stores to find an early copy.

Oh and I'll play any position not named goalie :lol Time to put that two way forward to good use I suppose.
That's what I'm using too. Makes sense considering that's how I play.

I have you at LW since thats what you posted on the first page. :D

RS4-

Yeah I'll stick with LW, but sometimes our teams do get a little crazy like last year where we had games with 5 forwards and no actual dmen; so I didn't mind playing out of position back then, I don't mind now.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
Yeah I'll stick with LW, but sometimes our teams do get a little crazy like last year where we had games with 5 forwards and no actual dmen; so I didn't mind playing out of position back then, I don't mind now.
Yeah, I think having multiple teams will help spread things out so we don't end up lopsided and as long everyone plays their position, we should be fine.

Marvie_3

Banned
We've got enough players for a 3rd team on day 1. Need someone to volunteer to captain that ship.

Also, I found this in another thread but it's very relevant to our team.

LINK

Marvie_3 said:
We've got enough players for a 3rd team on day 1. Need someone to volunteer to captain that ship.

Also, I found this in another thread but it's very relevant to our team.

LINK

Looks like Marvie is outliving us all by a good 20-30 years. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Will it be in a cool pistol duel? That's how I want to go out...
Nah. Losing a duel is a bitch way to go out. I was thinking something along the lines of driving a burning school bus full of kids off a cliff.

Marvie_3

Banned
Any ideas on which colors we should use for the jerseys? I've been playing around with the jersey creator in NHL 10 and a combo of blue/orange/silver just looks bad no matter how its put together. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Figured I'd post a few of my abominations.

n7yUU.jpg

UCbLx.jpg

bHJhC.jpg

H839H.jpg

No matter what I did, they always seem to come out looking like a bastard love child of the Oilers and Islanders. :lol

I think we need something other than blue and orange. :lol

RS4-

Going to have a hipster uniform. Plaid, beards, and uhh...well I don't know how robust the 11 system is haha.

Marvie_3

Banned
Since we used the Hershey Bears jerseys for a bit last year, I took that red and mixed it with diarrhea green. I actually like how these turned out. :lol

obcwk.jpg

fDjaR.jpg

RS4- said:
Going to have a hipster uniform. Plaid, beards, and uhh...well I don't know how robust the 11 system is haha.
Outside of some new logos, I can't imagine it'll be much more deep than NHL 10's system. So I figured it would make a decent testing method.

the actual GAF logo is orange and dark gray, you should try those 2, should work a lot better than orange and blue, those red and puke green ones arent bad tho

RS4-

TheVisualizer said:
the actual GAF logo is orange and dark gray, you should try those 2, should work a lot better than orange and blue, those red and puke green ones arent bad tho

I think that's what we used last year, almost looked like those awful Flyers colors.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Came up with these. It's about as "non-crappy Flyers knockoff" as I could get. For some reason the orange is way different in the screenshot than it is on the actual jerseys. :lol

qEg8S.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
Came up with these. It's about as "non-crappy Flyers knockoff" as I could get. For some reason the orange is way different in the screenshot than it is on the actual jerseys. :lol

qEg8S.jpg

looks too generic like we are representing the NHL's official logo or something

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
looks too generic like we are representing the NHL's official logo or something
Yeah, there wasn't a whole lot I could do with them. :lol

If anyone else wants to throw in some suggestions, feel free.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
heres my contribution, using dark gray as the primary color, wasn't sure what to do with the pants and socks...
av68mb.jpg

Just kidding. :lol

I actually think those colors could work pretty well together. But with multiple teams we could have multiple jerseys so each captain could make a set for each team. :D

Marvie_3 said:
av68mb.jpg

Just kidding. :lol

I actually think those colors could work pretty well together. But with multiple teams we could have multiple jerseys so each captain could make a set for each team. :D

being that Im new to the team this year despite being a captain Ill let the vets on my team pick the jerseys and name, so dont worry my team can have hot pink and neon green sweaters and be called the "Girl-Age SpiderGAF Dudebros"

btw marvie when is the draft?

Marvie_3

Banned
Took your colors and played with them a bit. I'm having way too much trouble getting away from traditional striping. :lol
eOsZK.jpg

Also took a bit of inspiration from the Whalers and made these.
rYitC.jpg

TheVisualizer said:
being that Im new to the team this year despite being a captain Ill let the vets on my team pick the jerseys and name, so dont worry my team can have hot pink and neon green sweaters and be called the "Girl-Age SpiderGAF Dudebros"

btw marvie when is the draft?
Awesome team name. :lol

I was thinking Monday evening. It'll give people plenty of time to join and by then we should have a good idea of how many players we actually have. If nobody else wants to captain a team, then I'll do a random draw and set rosters that way.

If people still want to join after that, it's no big deal. We can just fill in holes from there. Then after a week or two, we can switch up rosters to allow the people getting the game late to join too.

Marvie_3

Banned
RS4- said:
I think I need to bootup 10 and just fuck around with the jerseys.
That's what I've been doing a lot lately. I'd rather have it sorta figured out when 11 releases rather than mess with it for awhile and not play.

Fixed1979

EDIT: Just got an email from EB. Some Mike Komisarek guy will be at the Queen Spadina store for the launch. Over in beatiful Vancouver "The Twins" will be at the Kingsway EB...

Any Roster Spots Left?

I was really excited for this last year but I remember there being some screw ups with how the EASHL was setup. Hopefully the problems have been fixed.

#26 | DoctorWho | Jack Harkness | Proteus

I'll be Day 1 and play center unless you need me somewhere else.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'm digging the whalers inspired green ones, they the sex! Draft on Monday is fine with me, but it is a holiday and I'm not a captain, so ill be drunk somewhere not near gaf...

Marvie_3

Banned
Decided to play around with some green and yellow.

2C23t.jpg

grsgV.jpg

Then decided to throw in some black.

24Jyp.jpg

Atve2.jpg

The white jerseys in both sets bug me for some reason and I can't figure out why. :lol

Repgnar

The BC colored jerseys look ace. After that I think the black and green set Marvie made comes to a close second.

Are most of you guys preordering from Gamestop for the bonus or is that not going to matter once you get farther into the game? Never played much with Be A Pro/EASHL in 10 so i'm not familiar with the max numbers, I've been reading a bit on that operation sports forum though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dmorr07 said:
The BC colored jerseys look ace. After that I think the black and green set Marvie made comes to a close second.

Are most of you guys preordering from Gamestop for the bonus or is that not going to matter once you get farther into the game? Never played much with Be A Pro/EASHL in 10 so i'm not familiar with the max numbers, I've been reading a bit on that operation sports forum though.
I'm not exactly sure how this bonus gear is going to work. They changed the boost slot system a bit so the preorder gear may just be for looks. I'm going to try to scrounge up a bunch of extra preorder bonuses for anyone that doesnt get them.

Vis, it's obvious you're way better at jerseys than I am, so, how do I fix the white jerseys in that last set I posted. I like the dark ones but the white ones just seem off. Maybe you can fix them. :lol

Top Bottom