• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
NO PRE-DRAFT DRAFTING!

You can captain a team if you want.

Check your phone for once. :lol
You would institute conscription, commie

Marvie_3 said:
I think just drafting from the positions listed in the OP would solve the positioning problem. I figure that drafting 6 for each team will keep anyone from having to sit out.

It is stupid about the single dressing room but I get why they did it. Teams that have 50 players always rank higher than the ones with 5 just due to the amount of points/games played. I assume there'd be an easier way to fix this but I guess not.

Just buy a different one from Gamestop, swap out the innards, and return the broken one. Works every time. :D

Is it hard to swap the innards?

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hmm, the joystick is loose so hopefully it's easy to fix.
Not sure if that's fixable. On the N64 it was easy. You could just pop the controller out, swap in a replacement joystick, and close it back up. The 360 controller is one big piece.

Marvie_3 said:
Not sure if that's fixable. On the N64 it was easy. You could just pop the controller out, swap in a replacement joystick, and close it back up. The 360 controller is one big piece.

:/ I tried playing mortal kombat dc universe and if I double tap forward it thinks it's down and moves in a circle rather than running forward. Annoying as hell. :(

PBY

Banned
damn... just looked into this thread and shiiitt... a draft? a billion people wanting to join? sheeeeiitttt, this league just got legit :lol :lol

I'll play any position with anyone, don't care at all as long as i get my chel on

peterb0y said:
I'll play any position with anyone, don't care at all as long as i get my chel on

same here, doesn't matter what position (you dont want me at goalie tho), would be nice if you could have more than one BeAPro/EASHL position player to "level up", with the new rules on games I might have to balance out my skills a little more in case I need to play forward

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
damn... just looked into this thread and shiiitt... a draft? a billion people wanting to join? sheeeeiitttt, this league just got legit :lol :lol

Damn right! Its gonna be fun. :D

TheVisualizer said:
same here, doesn't matter what position (you dont want me at goalie tho), would be nice if you could have more than one BeAPro/EASHL position player to "level up", with the new rules on games I might have to balance out my skills a little more in case I need to play forward
I think drafting from the positions in the OP would make this easier. If a team needs a forward and the only players left are Dmen, somebody could switch.

We need at least 3 moar captains.

NoRéN

Team name suggestions:
Ball Bearing Bombers
Insane GAF Posse
Lollipop Guild
Mullet Machines
NeoGAF Ladybings
Spice Girls
The Enclave
NeoGAF 40Ouncers

I assume The Enclave was suggested by the one and only Nozdeuce?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
maybe we should add 'interest level' or best time to play, etc on the things to draft for. im gonna be highly jealous when marvie's team of drunk bandits are playing 6v6 ten times a night and im lucky to rope together a 2v2 for a game or two each night.

ea is so dumb

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
I assume The Enclave was suggested by the one and only Nozdeuce?
Nope. Me. :D

sefskillz said:
maybe we should add 'interest level' or best time to play, etc on the things to draft for. im gonna be highly jealous when marvie's team of drunk bandits are playing 6v6 ten times a night and im lucky to rope together a 2v2 for a game or two each night.

ea is so dumb
We'll be fine. If we have two teams that are struggling to get more than 2 people playing, we can combine them or trade players.

I hope EA fixed the players turning retarded when they get injured. Mckee just blocked a shot for me and got hurt and he stood in front of the bench twitching for a minute, somehow unable to get off the ice. Made it a 1 min PP for the other team.

Alright boys, paid off my copy of NHL11 in full.. But bad news..

I preordered and paid for a Halo Reach console package - so I don't get to play NHL11 until Halo Reach comes out :(

Dastardly Jerks said:

I preordered and paid for a Halo Reach console package - so I don't get to play NHL11 until Halo Reach comes out :(

Meh, no loss then.

:p

Marvie_3 said:
Damn right! Its gonna be fun. :D

I think drafting from the positions in the OP would make this easier. If a team needs a forward and the only players left are Dmen, somebody could switch.

We need at least 3 moar captains.

not sure what a captain needs to do but i post in here enough, am a pretty good all around player and will be playing almost everyday so im up for it

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:

A week late is better than not playing at all. :D

TheVisualizer said:
not sure what a captain needs to do but i post in here enough, am a pretty good all around player and will be playing almost everyday so im up for it
Just be there for the draft(shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) and setup the club and send out invites on the first day(takes less than 5 minutes).

Marvie_3 said:
A week late is better than not playing at all. :D

Just be there for the draft(shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) and setup the club and send out invites on the first day(takes less than 5 minutes).

alright sounds good but Im not clear about the whole "teams" part yet. Are we going to have 4 actual EASHL teams or are the teams kind of like different lines on the 1 GAF EASHL team that will need to play at different times per the new rules?

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
alright sounds good but Im not clear about the whole "teams" part yet. Are we going to have 4 actual EASHL teams or are the teams kind of like different lines on the 1 GAF EASHL team that will need to play at different times per the new rules?
Only 6 players can play at a time for a club, so we'll make at least 4 seperate clubs. That way if a ton of people are on, nobody will have to sit out and not play. That's why we need a few captains. Each one will set up their club and send the invites since each player can only be on one team.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Speaking of which, I totally read your name as Douche Nozzle and refuse to read it any other way. Just in case we wind up playing together. :lol
:lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Speaking of which, I totally read your name as Douche Nozzle and refuse to read it any other way. Just in case we wind up playing together. :lol
Thats pretty tame so it's all good. Some people on xbox live honestly don't know how to pronounce deuce, it's awkward

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
We should have practice now. Me and Visualizer are on.

alright Marvie, I'm all clear on the teams stuff, I'll captain one, I agree with sef's post up above that it might be helpful to know the interest level so we know who the "regulars" will be for drafting purposes as we probably want to spread them out at the beginning right?

I'll be back on later tonight, 9ish if you guys want to link up

TheVisualizer said:
alright Marvie, I'm all clear on the teams stuff, I'll captain one, I agree with sef's post up above that it might be helpful to know the interest level so we know who the "regulars" will be for drafting purposes as we probably want to spread them out at the beginning right?

Boooo.... Visualizer is trying to become the new Marvie.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
nah I don't want to be colorblind :D
I'm not really colorblind. I was just being a dick to laserbot. :lol

TheVisualizer said:

I'll make a list in the OP of the Day 1 players and the ones who won't have it right away so we can draft accordingly.

Everyone should post when they're going to have the game.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not really colorblind. I was just being a dick to laserbot. :lol

I'll make a list in the OP of the Day 1 players and the ones who won't have it right away so we can draft accordingly.

Everyone should post when they're going to have the game.

I'm ordering from amazon, but I dunno if they're doing release day delivery for it.

Edit: They are doing release day delivery so I'm good.

Edit 2: Ugh, it's not coming out until the 7th? Feels like this is taking forever...

NoRéN

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well, thanks alot for that! Can't unsee now! :lol

Fuck, that jersey customization stuff is sweet!!! Fucken hype!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I wake up today and dell has 2 black 360 controllers for $40. It's like they knew! :') Sucks that it's black instead of white but I'll live.

1 for 20 is the best deal I've seen in awhile, thanx for the heads up

TheVisualizer said:
1 for 20 is the best deal I've seen in awhile, thanx for the heads up

Just so you know though, if you only do 1 shipping is like 7 bucks but if you do 2 you get free shipping. That's why I got two just in case.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Just so you know though, if you only do 1 shipping is like 7 bucks but if you do 2 you get free shipping. That's why I got two just in case.

too late, ill bite the bullet on $7 considering I was ready to pull the trigger on one for $30 on thursday from newegg

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I wake up today and dell has 2 black 360 controllers for $40. It's like they knew! :') Sucks that it's black instead of white but I'll live.
Awesome deal. Might have to jump on that myself.

Repgnar

Preferred position: Left or Right Defense
Gamertag: Dmorr07
Jersey number: 7

Didn't play much of NHL 10 after it came out since not a lot of people I know are into hockey. Preferred position is left or right defense but i'm willing to try any position but goalie. What time of the year was last year's team up and running?

LiveWire

Marvie_3 said:
Who else is picking up the game Day 1? We need to figure out how many teams we'll need to start out with.

I will. Got a $100 GameStop gift card for my birthday so it will go towards this and probably FIFA...when is NHL out?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Marvie_3 said:
Who else is picking up the game Day 1? We need to figure out how many teams we'll need to start out with.

Day 1 right here. But won't be able to play until I get home from work that day.

Top Bottom