• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

zsswimmer

Tonight ill be watching the thrashers play at 7:30EST, so ill be ready around 10-10:30pm. I can play before seven as well. Saturday UFC 127 is on starting at 9pm so that will take up my night.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
zsswimmer said:
Tonight ill be watching the thrashers play at 7:30EST, so ill be ready around 10-10:30pm. I can play before seven as well. Saturday UFC 127 is on starting at 9pm so that will take up my night.
10'ish tonight sounds good to me

i'll be laughing at you guys from a distance

or maybe not. i might be on. if you guys party chat and i'm on i want in

*i also want to keep my alternate status even though I don't think I've played in like 3 weeks

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a way for me to get my non-rookie card before these games? Would I have to play, yuck, otp?

I've got to be close by now...
Blargh, don't worry about it. The key thing is positioning which you tend to nail really consistently, the stats themselves don't matter so much up close on a good play. I know you don't like being slow (I didn't either so I bought a shitload of boosts day 1 [career mode blows]) but it just means you're always up high enough to catch a pass and get into their end. I'm gonna stick with sniper for now so I'm a lot faster than normal, so hopefully I can get in and we can get somethin goin. There's no reason for you to be nearly as down on yourself as you tend to be, you play fine.

Nozdeuce said:
Blargh, don't worry about it. The key thing is positioning which you tend to nail really consistently, the stats themselves don't matter so much up close on a good play. I know you don't like being slow (I didn't either so I bought a shitload of boosts day 1 [career mode blows]) but it just means you're always up high enough to catch a pass and get into their end. I'm gonna stick with sniper for now so I'm a lot faster than normal, so hopefully I can get in and we can get somethin goin. There's no reason for you to be nearly as down on yourself as you tend to be, you play fine.

i know i always am

zsswimmer

ph33nix said:
i know i always am
2lk68a1.jpg

RS4-

I'm going to have to sort my stats out and maybe go back to being a power forward playing d. But yeah, whatever position you guys need, I'll play.

I'll be on at 10 after fringe.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a way for me to get my non-rookie card before these games? Would I have to play, yuck, otp?

I've got to be close by now...
Making your guy bigger than 5'1" 115lbs would be a good start.

TheVisualizer said:
good luck with your playoff run gentlemen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

RS4- said:
I'm going to have to sort my stats out and maybe go back to being a power forward playing d. But yeah, whatever position you guys need, I'll play.

I'll be on at 10 after fringe.
You'll be playing LD. swim will be at RD.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Making your guy bigger than 5'1" 115lbs would be a good start.
I didn't know any of the Gotti's came that small

my one attempt at a horrible guido joke

TheVisualizer said:
good luck with your playoff run gentlemen
I thought you were dead, but then I realized you simply defriended me. Congrats on not being dead!

Nozdeuce said:
I didn't know any of the Gotti's came that small

my one attempt at a horrible guido joke

I thought you were dead, but then I realized you simply defriended me. Congrats on not being dead!

He's been ignoring me for so long I didn't even notice that he defriended me. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'll be on in about now. I don't have a ton of time tonight unfortunately, so I hope you guys are coming soon!
swim and I are already on. Once Noz and House show up we can go.

zsswimmer

Please welcome, your EASHL CHAMPIONSHIP* TEAM:

• Laserbot
  • Nozdeuce
  • Marvie
  • RS4
  • Zsswimmer

*amateur champions

Feels so good to chip in offensively, 2g 3a in 4 games for me. Thanks for all the good feeds and finishes!

Fucking great D guys. Jesus, House and Swimmer knocked that bitch up so hard she gave birth to triplets twice.

Noz, beautiful goals. Marv, ...Lady Byng I guess.

Nozdeuce

That was fucking huge, everyone played amazingly well.

First to quote myself
nozdeuce said:
Way to be a hero Laserbot, you were always in great spots and got goal after goal because of it. At one point I was ever so mildly annoyed because you kept yoinking passes before they got to me :p Fantastic job all around and huge improvement with the faceoffs, those were amazingly clutch. We'll only get better as you play more and get a better handle on Noz Zen.

Amazing job on D absolutely shutting the other teams down. We had what, like at least 4 periods keeping the other team to 0 shots? Insane. Swim was huge taking people out before they could take a shot and House was hilariously epic getting himself open to score goals :p Swim's goals from the point were super awesome, maybe even a new # goals in # games record?

Great setups and goals by Marvie, knowing how insanely I move and being able to play off it extremely well.

Congrats gang

Marvie_3

Banned
Great games to everyone tonight. Everyone was in on the offense and it showed. Defensemen were incredible tonight and all the forwards did a great job of backchecking. All around great job by everyone.

Quick numbers from the games:

Noz - 6G 4A +10
Laserbot - 3G 6A +10
Marvie - 3G 6A +10
House - 1G 5A +10
Swim - 2G 3A +10

Marvie_3 said:
You're not like Kovalev. You at least try.

Thanks Marvie! I knew we were friends after all! :D Hey wait a minute.... YOU LEAVE KOVALEV ALONE! He's going to be player of the year this year, how else could he have gotten 0 shots off in his first game and take 2 shitty penalties? Huh? Ya, got nothing do you.

I wish Jagr would come back. :'(

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Thanks Marvie! I knew we were friends after all! :D Hey wait a minute.... YOU LEAVE KOVALEV ALONE! He's going to be player of the year this year, how else could he have gotten 0 shots off in his first game and take 2 shitty penalties? Huh? Ya, got nothing do you.

I wish Jagr would come back. :'(
I think you need to realize a few things.

Kovalev suck
Jagr is old
Puppies grow up and die

Sorry. Had to be said.

Marvie_3 said:
I think you need to realize a few things.

Kovalev suck
Jagr is old
Puppies grow up and die

Sorry. Had to be said.

Good thing Lemieux isn't old then. :p

Plus I don't care what team he plays for but after liking them as a kid I'd just love to see him and Kovalev playing in person just once.

RS4-

I wish they had a game replay save like they do in Halo and NBA 2k. Just save whole games/highlights.

They way it's been handled in the usual EA games is terrible.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Good thing Lemieux isn't old then. :p

Plus I don't care what team he plays for but after liking them as a kid I'd just love to see him and Kovalev playing in person just once.
Lemieux is old too. He is my favorite player of all-time though......for now.

RS4- said:
I wish they had a game replay save like they do in Halo and NBA 2k. Just save whole games/highlights.

What isn't handled terribly in the NHL series? :lol

zsswimmer

RS4- said:

Here's the replay system in NHL 11:

hit
hit
hit
hit
hit
hit
camera shot of goalie taking his mask off
hit
hit

Its so fucking bad. Show some goddamn saves, a good pass, hip checks , etc etc. Also, if something big just happened show it, not a body check that happened 5 minutes ago that happens 20x a game.

Nozdeuce

Nothing is more contrived than watching a pitcher in slow motion in MLB The Show after a strike out.

Top Bottom