• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Acid08

Banned
Check out Beaver Lake, Parc Lafontaine, and Jean Drapeau.

Also, the Biodome is pretty rad, and you can take some pics in front of Olympic Stadium while you're there. The Botanical Gardens and Saputo Stadium are also in the same area.

Dude, we should grab a beer and watch a game at a pub. How long you coming in for?

I'm gonna be there early August for three days and then Quebec City for the next three days. That's after a family reunion in Detroit, god help us all on that one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If we had lost ONE GAME THAT WOULD BE OUR #1 PICK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alucard

Banned
I'm gonna be there early August for three days and then Quebec City for the next three days. That's after a family reunion in Detroit, god help us all on that one.

That's cool. 3 days isn't a lot, but you can do a bit. Quebec City can be done in a day or two.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Oilers don't need Yakupov. I wonder if they'll trade down a couple spots.

When you have a player like yakupov there, essentially NHL ready... And nearly a sure fire NHL star

You DON'T trade him

They just need D now. They can ice an all-star forward lineup... NHL has just made Edmonton into a dynasty

Alucard

Banned
Totally down to grab a beer too! You wear some Pens gear and I'll wear some Sharks gear! It will be very odd.

Montreal fans won't know what to think when they see two guys wearing gear with teams that were in the playoffs.

And man, Columbus is going to suck forever.

Solo

tambellini.gif

Solo

How long until Edmonton wins a Cup at this point? 3-4 years?

They will be a bust if they don't within 4 years. They have now officially entered Pittsburgh Penguins circa 2004-2006 era of lotto draft rigging luck.

No Cup in Edmonton by 2016-2017 = failure.

Solo

The thought that Edmonton will be able to roll a line with Hall and Nugent Hopkins followed by a line with Eberle and Yakupov on it is just ridiculous.

Red_Man

Tambellini won't have that shit eating grin on his face next year when he won't be on the draft panel cause he's fired, and the Oilers finish in 27th

Red_Man

Can't wait for the Oilers to get MacKinnon next year at #1.
MacKinnon is suppose to be the next Crosby, and apparently already outplaying kids from this years draft, Habs picked the wrong year to be historically bad.

Foreign Jackass said:
I think they'll pick Murray or trade the #1 pick.
They either take Yakupov or trade the pick for a #1 D-man

Solo

I think they'll pick Murray or trade the #1 pick.

The latter could very well happen, but the former has a 0% chance of happening. You DON'T draft your positional need over the best player available at #1. You just don't.

If they really want Murray, they'll trade the #1 to Columbus for the #2 + prospects/players.

Solo

Habs need to offer Edmonton Subban, their 1st rounders for the next 2 years and Gomez's last will and testament for the #1 pick, and reunite Yaks and Galch with the first and third picks.

I'm only half joking.

Revenant

:lol the one columbus fan on my facebook posted a hopeful status about the draft earlier. his roommate posted a comment asking if it didn't go well since he thought he heard him punch a wall.

Cake Boss

Banned
What a joke, there should be a limitations on how many consecutive lotteries or #1 overalls you could get at the draft.

If I was a fan of that shit franchise, I wouldn't know whether to be happy or depressed right now. The joke of the NHL.

By the time those kids are even at their prime, their entry level contracts would up and will require a raise, thats why if you were going to suck for 4 years straight, might as well let the kids develop and not burn their ECLs by playing in a hopeless team.

Solo

Can't wait for the mass exodus from the Oilers ship in a few years. Good luck signing all of Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov while icing something other than 20 pylons around them.

Revenant

Can't for the mass exodus from the Oilers ship in a few years. Good luck signing all of Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov while icing something other than 20 pylons around them.

so they'll basically become the Miami Heat of hockey. Can't wait.

Alucard

Banned
The NBA -is- a joke. The only reason I pay attention is to find out whether or not Steve Nash has a shot of ever winning a championship.

dem

Some bitter habs fans in here

The Oiler have tons of flexibility. We weren't dumb enough to hand out no trade clauses like candy.

Yall be fucked.

Top Bottom