• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Screw you guys, screw the Red Wings, screw these playoffs, screw Nashville, screw Weber, screw Rinne, screw Sef, and screw whoever else I hate right now. Beyond angry to every single extent.

This team deserves to have their playoff streak snapped next year if they don't make any significant changes in the offseason. With that said I'm going to go jump off of that bridge now so I doubt you will see me for a while. Worst playoffs in a while, I don't even know what else to say. Maybe it's about time we suck for 5 or so years and get top draft picks like the Pens or even Edmonton or something. Nice job to waste Lidstrom's probably last season guys, nice job.

Also on another topic:

Screw you Alucard for your stupid fanboyism right now, downright pathetic...
That's it I'm out for a long time, not even worth it to go to the offseason thread when you are a fan of a team who doesn't even show up and PLAY HOCKEY!!!!!! Feel free to chew my post up Sef with your horrible sarcastic antics or what not, not even going to bother with responding.

Rant over, hope all your teams suffer a similar fate like mine.
B-b-but someone has to win...

Holy crap, Nashville going NUTS, remindes me of sitting in the stands in Estevan, Saskatchewan when the Estevan Bruins took out Humboldt in a SJHL pre-season game. I'm certain the guy behind me spilled popcorn on my back, didn't care it was great being there live. Congrats Nashville!

Revenant

Screw you guys, screw the Red Wings, screw these playoffs, screw Nashville, screw Weber, screw Rinne, screw Sef, and screw whoever else I hate right now. Beyond angry to every single extent.

This team deserves to have their playoff streak snapped next year if they don't make any significant changes in the offseason. With that said I'm going to go jump off of that bridge now so I doubt you will see me for a while. Worst playoffs in a while, I don't even know what else to say. Maybe it's about time we suck for 5 or so years and get top draft picks like the Pens or even Edmonton or something. Nice job to waste Lidstrom's probably last season guys, nice job.

Also on another topic:

That's it I'm out for a long time, not even worth it to go to the offseason thread when you are a fan of a team who doesn't even show up and PLAY HOCKEY!!!!!! Feel free to chew my post up Sef with your horrible sarcastic antics or what not, not even going to bother with responding.

a great way to start our first elimination off!

Meh, Datsyuk sucked this series. And also Red Wings should have involved their D more in the offense. Instead they pass a guy surrounded by Preds in the corner.. Oh, and Howard was very average, leaves to many rebounds.

Slurmer

Banned
Hope he gets used to disappointment. Fleury's gonna make this happen, man. How are you going to feel if this goes to 7? Still as confident as this?

Fleury had an awesome period and got bailed out by the post twice early on. Look, The teams match up well...Philly didn't win 3 by luck or some random bullshit. There's no reason for me to think they can't beat the pens at home on Sunday.

If they lose Sunday, I'll still be confident for game 7. The pressure is "on" them now and I'm sure they'll step it up and close it out Sunday though.

Alucard

Banned

Also on another topic:

You could always wrap yourself up in your banners. I hear they absorb tears really well, too.

Seriously though, the Wings have won FOUR of the past FIFTEEN Stanley Cups. Watch your DVDs and feel better, man. Your team has won over TWENTY FIVE PERCENT of Stanley Cups over the past 15 years....in a 30 team league.

3N16MA

Banned
Hitting the post is not the same as actually putting the puck in the net. So what if it hit the post? Fleury got beat by two pucks that were never going in anyways.

Milly79

You could always wrap yourself up in your banners. I hear they absorb tears really well, too.

Seriously though, the Wings have won FOUR of the past FIFTEEN Stanley Cups. Watch your DVDs and feel better, man. Your team has won over TWENTY FIVE PERCENT of Stanley Cups over the past 15 years....in a 30 team league.

I... Love you.

Alucard

Banned
Fleury had an awesome period and got bailed out by the post twice early on. Look, The teams match up well...Philly didn't win 3 by luck or some random bullshit. There's no reason for me to think they can't beat the pens at home on Sunday.

If they lose Sunday, I'll still be confident for game 7. The pressure is "on" them now and I'm sure they'll step it up and close it out Sunday though.

Should be a good show, either way. Today was easily the best game since game 1.

q_q

I'm actually about to do this. '97 Cup win here I come!

Aq-TIMbCQAAFzC4.jpg

Slurmer

Banned
Hitting the post is not the same as actually putting the puck in the net. So what if it hit the post? Fleury got beat by two pucks that were never going in anyways.

Not that simple at all. Even with the third period, fleury is screwing himself with poor lateral movement and putting himself out of position. Both posts were hit on plays where Philly made him move laterally and he didn't get over quick enough. Its a big reason their powerplay has been doing so well for the entire series. Bryz has struggled with the same thing (especially game 4 and the Sullivan goal tonight.)

Alucard

Banned
The only person that's going to cry harder than crosby once the pens are eliminated is alucard.

After actually showing this much fight, I'd hold my head up proudly. Pens have rebounded really well and shown they have heart. If they go down fighting, I'll be okay with it. Just don't want a lay-down performance like game 7 against the Habs in 2010.

Let's go Pens. Keep it up. Sunday is going to be intense.

E-DuB

Real happy for the Preds. Barry Trotz has been making magic with what he's been given for years and it amazes me he's never won the Jack Adams.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bruins game will be 3:00 Sunday.
Bruins always suck when playing day games. Lame schedule is lame.
Yup, unfortunate. However, I always think the road team has the edge in matinee games, but in back-to-back affairs only 24 hours apart, it's really anyone's guess. This is stupid.

C Jones

After actually showing this much fight, I'd hold my head up proudly. Pens have rebounded really well and shown they have heart. If they go down fighting, I'll be okay with it. Just don't want a lay-down performance like game 7 against the Habs in 2010.

Let's go Pens. Keep it up. Sunday is going to be intense.
Exactly. I could've handled the Pens losing if they played the way they played tonight.

3N16MA

Banned
Not that simple at all. Even with the third period, fleury is screwing himself with poor lateral movement and putting himself out of position. Both posts were hit on plays where Philly made him move laterally and he didn't get over quick enough. Its a big reason their powerplay has been doing so well for the entire series. Bryz has struggled with the same thing (especially game 4 and the Sullivan goal tonight.)

The way I see it is that the Flyers have not scored an even strength goal in the last two games. Deadly on the PP but not the same team when they dont have the man advantage. Actually 8 of the last 9 goals the Flyers have scored in this series has been on the PP. Something they should be worried about.

Top Bottom