• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Solo

I hope the Kings beat the Flyers in 7 (so that the game is in Philly) and Richards and Carter fill the Cup full of coke and do lines at centre ice.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I hope the Kings beat the Flyers in 7 (so that the game is in Philly) and Richards and Carter fill the Cup full of coke and do lines at centre ice.

and then the canadian women's hockey team skates out still celebrating their gold by smoking cigars and drinking beer. this is gonna be awesome

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhh now thats the Brian Elliot I remember so well.

4 goals on 16 shots. He was always a very technical goalie, but never an athletic and talwnted one.

ShaneB

Was happy the Caps got the win last night, but wtf at the Kings and Blues. Well... moreso wtf at the west being absolute shootouts in terms of goals. Bizarro land.

Really hope teams claw back into their series and drag em out to 7 games. The first round always spoils us with so much hockey.

I still think the Preds are going to come back and make it a long series, and Caps Rangers looks like it will go 7, so 2 of the series this round will be long, the other 2 will be lucky to go 5 though.

I have a strange feeling in my stomach that caps are going to win the cup.

Better than the fucking Queens winning it.

This postseason is bad enough, we don't need to stick the icing on the cake by giving the Queens a fucking cup.

and then the canadian women's hockey team skates out still celebrating their gold by smoking cigars and drinking beer. this is gonna be awesome

Magical.

Cagey

Banned
Kovalchuk sitting isn't surprising. He's been nursing an injury for a month now. At times he's at half-speed. Such terrible timing.

ShaneB

I still think the Preds are going to come back and make it a long series, and Caps Rangers looks like it will go 7, so 2 of the series this round will be long, the other 2 will be lucky to go 5 though.

It's been a wacky playoffs, I can't imagine any team being out of any series just yet, but just the same, I guess It's not surprising either if there's a sweep here.

t0mp

Pierre LeBrun:
Boom RT @KWilsonPreds: #Preds Radulov, Andrei Kostitsyn will not play Game 3 due to a violation of team rules

from the predators website:
Nashville, Tenn. (May 1, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will not play Game Three of the team’s Western Conference Semifinals series vs. the Phoenix Coyotes as result of violating team rules.

“The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things,” Poile said. “We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates.”

The Predators practice today at 11 a.m. CT at Centennial Sportsplex and play Game Three at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, May 2 at 8 p.m. CT.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Short of pulling a Ciccarelli in a limo, I don't know what could be egregious enough to require a team suspension in the playoffs with your back against the freaking ropes. Unbelievable.

I blame sefskillz's lackluster trolling in the 1st round.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm nearly ready to jump on the Coyotes bandwagon just to see how hilarious it would be if they won.

i9Pim5QcOqkkB.gif

Cat Party

Radulov had a negative effect on the Preds in game 2, so I don't see how this is a bad thing. The team was winning games without him all year, you know.

Cactus

Banned
Its definitely a blow to the Flyers that Kovalchuk is sitting

Yeah I might have to rethink my Flyers sweep prediction.

Kovalchuk has averaged over a goal every two games throughout his career, and he's always a threat in the offensive zone. Call me crazy, but constantly defending against one of the best goal scorers in the league probably worries the Flyers coaching staff way more than a plug who the Devils are forced to stick into the lineup.

Alucard

Banned
Teams I wouldn't mind seeing win the Cup:

Nashville
St. Louis
Los Angeles

That's about it, I guess. The Caps winning would be good for Ovie, but the fans would never shut up about it.

Tifou

Banned
on twitter: Radulov+Kostitsyn spotted in bar in Scottsdale past midnight Sat before 5pm Game 2 loss. Team was staying in Glendale.

thats probably why they got both suspended. LOL!!

Top Bottom