• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Alucard

Banned
Either the Kings will come out like bosses in game 6, or the Devils really have got into their heads. There were some less-than-composed reactions from Kings players last night.

And who else thinks Kovalchuk is injured?

Solo

I for one cannot fucking wait for the Devils to complete this epic comeback. The mass exodus of Kings "lifelongs" off the bandwagon will be a fucking hilarious and glorious sight, as will yankeehater's meltdown at "the worst franchise in pro sports" winning that which his team cannot, yet another Cup.

Game 6 is really where the Kings need to win this. They don't want to have to travel back across country to face a game 7. Quick definitely looked rattled early last night. They're all thinking about the most important moment of their lives: winning the Cup.

They need to start thinking just winning a shift, then a period, then a game.

Whether it's the Devils or the Cup itself, the Kings are distracted. Tough to imagine a team playing as great as they did through game 3 of this series only to have it all fall apart. But right now that's what's happening. The guys on that team that have won a Cup -- Williams, Scuderi, etc -- need to settle everyone down and play basic hockey.

Cagey

Banned
Either the Kings will come out like bosses in game 6, or the Devils really have got into their heads. There were some less-than-composed reactions from Kings players last night.

And who else thinks Kovalchuk is injured?

This is the Devils' worst kept secret. He's been hurt since the beginning of April. He's got some sort of lower back injury that will come out after the season ends. He's hurt bad, too. You can see it in his burst, acceleration and top-end skating speed: when healthy, he's one of the fastest players in the NHL... and right now he's got David Clarkson speed.

Cagey

Banned
Kings are just not getting the bounces anymore. A bunch of posts hit this game and last.

That and they're missing the net like crazy.

It's a balancing out after the first two games where the Devils had terrible luck with pucks bouncing over sticks, pucks missing the net by inches, etc. Even happened last night. The Kings had the more obvious rang-off-the-post misses, meanwhile the Devils had the "puck just escapes Ryan Carter wide open for an easy backhand" variety. Besides Game 3, these teams were dead even, and the series being 3-2 is perfect... it just took a wild way to get here.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah I've just assumed that Kovalchuk's been injured and he's getting worse. The Devils basically ran him into the ground during the regular season.

Meanwhile Cherry/Healy keep giving him the 'lazy Russian' label. Douchebag patriots.

I've been getting really tired of a lot of CBC's commentary. It's wholly obvious that Kovalchuk is injured, yet they still rag on him every single period.

But worse off, if one team is playing well (or even if they aren't playing well, but have the lead regardless), then everything they do is great and everything the other team does is lazy or poor or timid. Then that other team will tie the game up, and suddenly the complaints become reversed.

It drives me fucking insane - call the game as it is, not to reinforce your previous opinions.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been getting really tired of a lot of CBC's commentary. It's wholly obvious that Kovalchuk is injured, yet they still rag on him every single period.

But worse off, if one team is playing well (or even if they aren't playing well, but have the lead regardless), then everything they do is great and everything the other team does is lazy or poor or timid. Then that other team will tie the game up, and suddenly the complaints become reversed.

It drives me fucking insane - call the game as it is, not to reinforce your previous opinions.

But then how will the viewers know whether or not the commentators are right?!?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
won't help
tumblr_lov6izSPCg1qgabr4o1_500.gif

Socreges

Banned

I wonder if it's always been like this (and we're more sensitive to it) or if colour commentators are more trained/dictated these days as producers try and gain more control over what happens during the broadcast. Seems like they always want to create a consistent narrative, but that's just not how sports work. It's too chaotic.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Georges Laraque thinks he's making a comeback to the NHL. Okay.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Georges Laraque thinks he's making a comeback to the NHL. Okay.
Right when he stops getting paid by the Canadiens......real subtle Georges, have fun with that.

Btw, reading your sentence as Walter White is hilarious :lol

ShaneB

Get the gifs prepared, Ms Stevens will be behind the Devils bench again tonight.

Fuck it, I hope the Devils win tonight just to have a game 7. But then I fear the Devils will actually win...

Sanjuro

Movie sucked more cock than Manics and Forza on one of their weekend retreats. Made about as much sense as most of Brendan Shanahan's decisions too.

I didn't hate the movie, but it only slightly better than lets say a generic summer blockbuster. It made much more sense when you find out that one of the creators of Lost was responsible for the writing in the film. That style of story telling (especially in film) is pathetic.

Revenant

I feel sorry for you guys if you couldn't enjoy Prometheus.
Don't worry red I got your back. While it certainly wasn't a great epic sci fi film I enjoyed it. Understandable why its so divisive though. Reading the two threads after seeing it was hilarious though.

Some people saying it was worse than alien 3 or alien resurrection. Some saying its better than aliens or alien. The first few weeks of a hyped movie here are super entertaining.

That GIF you posted in there was hilarious though solo.

I'll probably own Prometheus if not for the great visuals and extra content. Besides I could take the alien resurrection blu ray out of my quadrilogy set and replace it with prometheus. Every time I see that movie in there I want to throw it out.

Don't worry, Kings fans. I've watched every game so far, but I work 7-11 tonight. As such, you guys will close it out when I can't watch.

When you guys get over this "have to hire a french coach" garbage, I'll reconsider.

+1

Not even potential QC fans are throwing that nonsense out there with such an alarming frequency.

Top Bottom