• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Most Expensive Tickets in Sports (average ticket prices)
5. Vancouver Canucks: $158.09
4. Pittsburgh Penguins: $160.28
3. Montreal Canadiens: $186.67
2. Winnipeg Jets: $197.26
1. Toronto Maple Leafs: $199.62

$241.86 on average for New England Patriots tickets is the most expensive in all of pro sports, but when you consider that those prices are inflated dramatically by the fact that there's only eight home games, it makes the NHL prices look quite ridiculous. Crazy Canadians.

Slurmer

Banned
I didn't hate the movie, but it only slightly better than lets say a generic summer blockbuster. It made much more sense when you find out that one of the creators of Lost was responsible for the writing in the film. That style of story telling (especially in film) is pathetic.

Agreed. The movie reminded me of just how shitty Lost was.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs are trying to trade Luke Schenn and 5th for 1st overall apparently (from Friedman?)

that would help edmonton massively :( they get 2 defensemen to help them along

it almost makes sense for both sides... though if I were edmonton... I'd probably ask franson or holzer in return (on top of schenn)

then they could go into next season with great front line talent... get a big physical defenseman, a very defensive minded defenseman and potentially a dynamic D.

I wouldn't mind that scenario, to be honest. As long as gunnarsson, gardiner or blacker don't move, I'm ok with it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Would love to see LA close this bitch out on home ice, but I don't have a good feeling. Devils looked pretty solid these past 2 games. LA needs to strike first and early.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs are trying to trade Luke Schenn and 5th for 1st overall apparently (from Friedman?)

it almost makes sense for both sides... though if I were edmonton... I'd probably ask franson or holzer in return (on top of schenn)

then they could go into next season with great front line talent... get a big physical defenseman, a very defensive minded defenseman and potentially a dynamic D.

I wouldn't mind that scenario, to be honest. As long as gunnarsson, gardiner or blacker don't move, I'm ok with it.
Friedman also said he doesn't think it will happen, and I agree with him, I dont think Schenn is enough to move the 1st. Apparently Howson is interested in Murray as well so Edmonton may not be willing to risk moving down to get him and may just draft him at #1.

Solo

Friedman also said he doesn't think it will happen, and I agree with him, I dont think Schenn is enough to move the 1st. Apparently Howson is interested in Murray as well so Edmonton may not be willing to risk moving down to get him and may just draft him at #1.

I really hope Columbus takes Murray. Ensures Galchenyuk will still be there for the Habs.

Clydefrog

Well, granted the game does start in an hour and there are only 315 tickets left available on Stubhub... it's not that bad I guess. but $820 for row 4 @ center ice! jeeesus that seems so cheap

i'd love to be there but i can't spend another $400 for a game

my friends and I will be screaming loud enough for all of orange county at my place tonight

edit: under 300 left now! they be going fast!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't see how Canuck fans continue to talk shit as if their city didn't riot a year ago

Because it was totally the fans that rioted, right. Isn't that topic getting old?

Edit: if anything, this shows that metro vancouver cares TOO MUCH about hockey... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Only when some individuals purposely bring bricks to a public viewing event. But those aren't fans.

Season is over tonight 3-1 Kings, in front of the home crowd, Kopitar and Brown score goals for the Kings with Williams netting the empty netter with 1:07 remaining.The lone Devils goal coming from Parise, and Quick wins the Conn Smyth.

Clydefrog

I’ll buy a Penner jersey if he scores the winner tonight. I know (and hope) we don’t re-sign him, but I’ll fucking buy that jersey if he gets us the cup.

Because it was totally the fans that rioted, right. Isn't that topic getting old?

Edit: if anything, this shows that metro vancouver cares TOO MUCH about hockey... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Only when some individuals purposely bring bricks to a public viewing event. But those aren't fans.
I guess what I'm trying to say is no one cares what yall (not necessarily Canuck fans) think regarding whether or not LA is a hockey town or not

Marvie_3

Banned

:lol Right. I'm sure everyone who did any damage was just wearing Canucks gear to fit in with the crowd.

I’ll buy a Penner jersey if he scores the winner tonight. I know (and hope) we don’t re-sign him, but I’ll fucking buy that jersey if he gets us the cup.
Of all the Kings to pick......you pick Penner?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol Right. I'm sure everyone who did any damage was just wearing Canucks gear to fit in with the crowd.

Read the sentence before that, jeez. :p and then afterwards mob mentality took over and it was a free for all. I'm not trying to defend what happened, I'm just saying there was a lot more to it than "canucks fan riot". Also, noone ever mentions the hordes of people volunteering for days after to clean everything up.

And even IF you look at it black/white and say "canucks fans riot", that still doesn't negate my point that LA couldn't care less about hockey and that it'd be much nicer IMHO to see the cup hoisted in a Hockey-crazy city. I hope I'll see Toronto raising a cup in my lifetime...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Penguins have still allowed more playoff goals so far (30) then the kings (29). Awesome. Quick needs a shutout.

Another interesting stat, no team has gone up 3-0 and then won the cup in 6 games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Without hesitation I'd make that trade. Thus no way Oilers agree to it. :(

ZeroGravity

Don't know why people are discounting the Kings if they lose tonight. There's a reason why coming back from 3-0 is such a rare and difficult thing to do. The better team usually isn't the one in the hole.

That said, Kings win tonight and we see a home ice victory.

fallout

The only thing that gives me any reason to root for the Kings is seeing Richards win the Cup (and then bring it back to Kenora for party).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't want these fans to be happy. Game 7, let's do dis Devils.

Top Bottom