• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

ShaneB

Great series, man. Holtlby is legit, you guys will be fine. Dump Semin this off season and build off of backstrom and Ovi.

Heh, well I'm not exactly a dedicated Caps fan, as I've stated before in the thread, I generally just pop in during the playoffs for some great hockey, and there are teams I'd like to see win.

But yeah, the Caps do have pieces to do good things in the future, so who knows.

Fuck the Devils, so I guess I'm on the Rangers bandwagon for the ECF.

As for the west, who the hell knows what will happen there.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Heh, well I'm not exactly a dedicated Caps fan, as I've stated before in the thread, I generally just pop in during the playoffs for some great hockey, and there are teams I'd like to see win.

But yeah, the Caps do have pieces to do good things in the future, so who knows.

Fuck the Devils, so I guess I'm on the Rangers bandwagon for the ECF.

As for the west, who the hell knows what will happen there.

You and I are alike now. Rangers, Diablo, yes it is complete.

ShaneB

You and I are alike now. Rangers, Diablo, yes it is complete.

Haha, I guess so.

But.. considering who is coming from the west, I'll be cheering for one of those teams in the final for their first Stanley Cup, yes, even if it is Phoenix :(

edit: well.. maybe. if it comes to that I just hope for an entertaining finals.

NYR

I guess the NHL wants NY/LA in the finals.
Fuck this shit. Fuck it in the asshole. There is no conspiracy, such dumb fodder to bring it up. So lame.

The Kings deserve to be where they are at.

The Rangers deserve to be where they are at.

FUCK YES! My mind is boggling how different the Rangers played today. If they continue to play like this i see no reason why they shouldn't go all the way.

It feels like destiny. 1. Beat a huge underdog 2. Beat a big playoff rivalry 3. Beat the Devils in the ECF.

BRING IT FUCKERS.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Fuck this shit. Fuck it in the asshole. There is no conspiracy, such dumb fodder to bring it up. So lame.

The Kings deserve to be where they are at.

The Rangers deserve to be where they are at.

Yep, that's why the refs disallowed Boyle's goal. They really want NY to go to the finals.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Devils will be tough. They gots some offense. Marty "could" be great, depending on the time of month i guess, i dont know im not 40

NYR

Just noticed how crazy it would be if the Kings and Rangers make it through:

Kings go through 1, 2 and 3 seeds.

Rangers go through 8, 7, and 6 seeds.

Kings having no trouble getting through. Rangers going to the limit. Polar opposites.

FUCK YES! My mind is boggling how different the Rangers played today. If they continue to play like this i see no reason why they shouldn't go all the way.

It feels like destiny. 1. Beat a huge underdog 2. Beat a big playoff rivalry 3. Beat the Devils in the ECF.

BRING IT FUCKERS.

Well now you've done it. Devils win confirmed.

cube444

BRING IT FUCKERS.

Sorry but you guys are out next round. Averaging 2.07 goals scored per game will catch up to them not to mention the 15 games they have already played and the tired defenseman because they barely play their 5th/6th guys.

Clydefrog

I guess I am cheering for the kings now

fWK1w.png

Cagey

Banned
Can't wait to slash the tires on that fucking bus the Rangers park in front of their goal every game. Talk about anti-hockey.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chants might be even louder outside the Garden than in.

Marty chants already starting in the stairwells. HUGE We Want The Cup chants outside the main entrance.

Feels good, man.

Slurmer

Banned
Devils will be tough. They gots some offense. Marty "could" be great, depending on the time of month i guess, i dont know im not 40

Honestly, brodeur is shakey as fuck. Generate some offense and don't let him beat your forecheck by flipping the puck out and NYR can roll. He didn't have to do anything against Philly because he kept beating them with his puck handling. Whenever they managed to get some shots, he was beaten with some weak goals.

ShaneB

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but a few days ago TSN did bring up an interesting coincidence that could happen.

A Darryl Sutter coached team, possibly beating the 1, 2 and 3 seeded team, could face a John Tortorella team, which includes Brad Richards.

Which happened in 2004 exactly.

Slurmer

Banned
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but a few days ago TSN did bring up an interesting coincidence that could happen.

A Darryl Sutter coached team, possibly beating the 1, 2 and 3 seeded team, could face a John Tortorella team, which includes Brad Richards.

Which happened in 2004 exactly.

Tampa was the 1 seed that year as well.

Ra\/en

ewwww New York. :(.

Anyway, my predictions were better this time. I got 3/4. (darn it Nashville!)

NYR/NJD - As much as I'd like the devils to take this, I think it will be NY in 7. (The devils might take it if NY is burnt out from the last two series. )
PHX/LAK - LA in 6.

OK.

Alucard

Banned
Hoping for the Devils to win. There have been way too many Rangers "fans" popping up in this thread.

Kings in 5
Devils in 5

Shock and awe.

zedge

Anyone else watching the Portland, Edmonton WHL series? Some amazing hockey going on. Better than half the nhl series have been. Plus future Flame Sven Baertchi is tearing it up. Game 6 tonight.

Ra\/en

yeah, i'm not really very excited about the different cup matchups.

I guess I would prefer LA/NJ. But really? who's going to watch that???

Parch

Anyone else watching the Portland, Edmonton WHL series? Some amazing hockey going on. Better than half the nhl series have been. Plus future Flame Sven Baertchi is tearing it up. Game 6 tonight.
It's been a real good series. They do a good job with coverage for a local cable channel.
Sportsnet really should be covering all the CHL playoff games. Better entertainment than most of the NHL playoffs.

~Kinggi~

Banned
People say these teams arent fun to watch (i think devils and Rangers could be fun) but what excites me is the tense nature coming from great goaltending and defense. Not non-stop goals. I see that as just silly and sloppy from the team getting hammered. Or if both teams are scoring, i'd consider both teams to just be ridiculous. Good, tight hockey is what i like.

ShaneB

It's been a real good series. They do a good job with coverage for a local cable channel.
Sportsnet really should be covering all the CHL playoff games. Better entertainment than most of the NHL playoffs.

At least they'll have the Memorial Cup, that'll be fun to watch.

Top Bottom