• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Clydefrog

Excuse me but WTF refs? Horrible officiating tonight.

Hanzal should get 2 games suspension. Smith should get 1 game. Watch LaBarbera come in next game and get a shutout. .......

all in all still a 4-0 win. GO KINGS GO

KtrCj.jpg

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/05/14/who-is-the-broad-with-giant-boobs-behind-coyotes-bench-photos/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Frankie Muniz is apparently a yotes "fan" not like anyone needed any more reasons to hate the yotes

Smith doesn't deserve a suspension for that shit, but as I said earlier, he deserves to get run big time. I have zero respect for that pussy of a player

I never realized how perfect of a fit Smith was for Phoenix until tonight. Just terrible, disgraceful players all around.

I can't wait to see Doan cry his way off the ice again after the sweep is complete in game 4.

Hunter S.

No suspensions, I want to see more blood. Not to mention the greatest thing: the boring Coyotes continuing to lose to a team that is like the them with great goaltending, but are different in they can score and be entertaining.

Socreges

Banned
Love how everything Smith does is several times worse through the eyes of a Hawks fan. All that deep-seeded frustration is bubbling to the surface.

Smith doesn't deserve a suspension for that shit, but as I said earlier, he deserves to get run big time. I have zero respect for that pussy of a player
Damn. We need some manufactured moral outrage in here, ASAP.

Love how everything Smith does is several times worse through the eyes of a Hawks fan. All that deep-seeded frustration is bubbling to the surface.

oh. i must have missed all of NHL-GAF converting to being hawks fans. It has nothing to do with the slashing, diving and bitching to the refs. Clearly we're upset because we were expecting our shitty team to win the cup.

Damn. We need some manufactured moral outrage in here, ASAP.

I'm not asking for someone to splatter his brains on the ice (like that motherfucker Andrew Shaw did that one time... nearly killed him). And it's not just Hawks fans calling out Smith for being a little bitch - someone who seems to spend most of their time on an internet forum should be able to figure that out

MIKE-SMITH-NAILS-DUSTIN-BROWN.gif

I don't respect shit like this, and neither should anyone on the Kings.

Look, I don't think that deserves a suspension or fine. A penalty would have been suffice, but that was handed out to Brown for his apparently spectacular dive. However, this isn't the 80's and Smith isn't Hextall... if the league is trying to get away from this kind of shit and also protect their goaltenders, then at least a fine would be in place in what they're trying to preach.

I don't think that's going to happen, and I think Smith deserves any sort of jostling that the Kings can throw his way. Maybe during one of those, they'll call the embellishing call on Smith for once too.

You can't preach getting rid of stupid shots like the one Smith laid on Brown (and then not call it, and then call a diving penalty on Brown), and then say you can't run the goalie because we need to protect them.

Also, I'm not used to having a diving, sissy goalie so sorry if this is a sort of a culture shock for me. I know you're used to this kind of stuff

Socreges

Banned
CTL+F 'smith' (previous page)

13 results
10 of them were from a variety of Hawks fans screaming bloody murder.

Pure coincidence, I guess.

I'm not defending Smith obviously. He was a disgrace tonight.

apocalidiot said:
I'm not asking for someone to splatter his brains on the ice (like that motherfucker Andrew Shaw did that one time... nearly killed him). And it's not just Hawks fans calling out Smith for being a little bitch - someone who seems to spend most of their time on an internet forum should be able to figure that out
Playground-worthy smack talk. This thread has missed thee.

13 results

I'm not defending Smith. He was a disgrace tonight.

Could it possibly be because those posters didn't explicitly state smith's name? A quick check says yes.

Let's overlook that though. ;)

13 results

I'm not defending Smith obviously. He was a disgrace tonight.

Exactly. Props to you (not that you personally use it a lot or whatever) for not using the word salt in your response. That kind of takes the fun away of everything

For playing against an NHL owned franchise

Lmao at the diving call. What a joke.

Kings. Wow. Just wow.

fuck smith dirty pos

Look at smith flop

What a dive lol

Holy shit... you want a fucking example of embellishment?

Smith is such a huge fucking douchebag.

Another major lol

poor Brown,
Coyotes are sure dirty animals

Another dirty hit

Tuned back in... yikes coyotes are going to the dogs.

The Yotes taking a beating at home. And unravelling like little bitches.

Stay classy you fuckers. :)

LOL @ playing "We're Not Gonna Take It"

Take what? The refs calling legit penalties on your dickbaggery? The Kings giving it to your team without lube?

What's this commentator smoking?

Defending thuggery and vicious hits?

Okay.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This thread and these playoffs need to be taken out behind the shed and put out of their misery.

Socreges

Banned
Christ. Most of those are not about Smith and the rest I acknowledged. Remember what you were replying to:

"Love how everything Smith does is several times worse through the eyes of a Hawks fan."

That Shaw suspension in addition to Smith shutting the Hawks down made you guys rabid. Now whatever he does is amplified AND gets you guys more bothered than anyone else. Why go to the trouble of denying this?

Marvie_3

Banned
This thread and these playoffs need to be taken out behind the shed and put out of their misery.

Go play Diablo 3.

Christ. Most of those are not about Smith and the rest I acknowledged. Remember what you were replying to:

"Love how everything Smith does is several times worse through the eyes of a Hawks fan."

That Shaw suspension in addition to Smith shutting the Hawks down made you guys see red. Now whatever he does is amplified AND gets you guys more bothered than anyone else. Why go to the trouble of denying this?
Why go to the trouble of starting pointless arguments?

That Shaw suspension in addition to Smith shutting the Hawks down made you guys see red. Now whatever he does is amplified AND gets you guys more bothered than anyone else. Why go to the trouble of denying this?

I don't hate goalies if they shut the Hawks down. Why the hell would I? If they can, good on them. That's the fault of the offense. If a goalie can shut us down, I applaud them.

The Shaw thing was ridiculous, and you know it. Of course we're pissed that he got a player suspended for a long (by playoff standards) period of time with an acting performance worthy of a Grammy.

Some of those quotes addressed the Yotes in general, however, and I'd venture a guess that includes Smith. Hell, look on any other hockey site with a discussion thread on the series, and I assure you you'll find more than just Hawks fans calling Smith out on acting like a bitch.

Not going to argue this further. If you want to believe only Hawks fans think Smith is a dbag, feel free.

Derp. It wasn't an argument until wsoxfan and apocalidiot made it one.

I made it a conversation about Smith and the repercussions of his chop to Brown's leg. anywho, enuff z'nuff. I'm gonna go dream of the Hawks playing playoff hockey or Colin Powell landing a helicopter in my front lawn, or whatever the hell I dream about. good night Socreges

edit: just wanted to add that if you think Hawks fans dislike Smith because he shut down the Hawks... lol. C'mon man, playing devils advocate has to get old at least once in a while eh?
<- (that was a canadian jab)

Socreges

Banned
I don't hate goalies if they shut the Hawks down. Why the hell would I? If they can, good on them. That's the fault of the offense. If a goalie can shut us down, I applaud them.

The Shaw thing was ridiculous, and you know it. Of course we're pissed that he got a player suspended for a long (by playoff standards) period of time with an acting performance worthy of a Grammy.

Some of those quotes addressed the Yotes in general, however, and I'd venture a guess that includes Smith. Hell, look on any other hockey site with a discussion thread on the series, and I assure you you'll find more than just Hawks fans calling Smith out on acting like a bitch.

Not going to argue this further. If you want to believe only Hawks fans think Smith is a dbag, feel free.
Not saying that, brother.

I also DON'T think the Shaw thing was ridiculous. A hot goalie often makes the difference in a series. You need to nip that shit in the bud, even if it was just 'reckless' and not 'deliberate'. My opinion.

I made it a conversation about Smith and the repercussions of his chop to Brown's leg. anywho, enuff z'nuff. I'm gonna go dream of the Hawks playing playoff hockey or Colin Powell landing a helicopter in my front lawn, or whatever the hell I dream about. good night Socreges
Sweet dreams

:lol :lol :lol

I'll be off learning how to fly, then.

Also, I meant the acting was ridiculous. Not the event itself.

Marvie_3

Banned
Derp. It wasn't an argument until wsoxfan and apocalidiot made it one. You guys sure dish a lot of shit but can't seem to take it.

You brought it up in the first place. Much like Mike Works, you're still bitter towards 'Hawks fans and felt the need to call us out.

Socreges

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

I'll be off learning how to fly, then.

Also, I meant the acting was ridiculous. Not the event itself.
Ehh, he got rocked pretty hard. Him clutching his face made me roll my eyes, though.

You brought it up in the first place. Much like Mike Works, you're still bitter towards 'Hawks fans and felt the need to call us out.
Wait, where are we going now? 2010? Mike Works out of nowhere? Gonna ignore all the venom you and some other Hawks fans randomly spew toward the Canucks? Like I said, thin skin.

I actually like you guys. Some of the vitriol in here during a Hawks/Nucks game is legendary.

Ehh, he got rocked pretty hard. Him clutching his face made me roll my eyes, though.

Wait, where are we going now? 2010? Mike Works out of nowhere? Gonna ignore all the venom you and some other Hawks fans randomly spew toward the Canucks?

(citation needed)

I actually like you guys. Some of the vitriol in here during a Hawks/Nucks game is legendary.

tumblr-lmpfj6rjab1qclt3z.gif

Kidding. Wouldn't be an NHL thread without the back-and-forth.

Revenant

Guys...guys....guys...we're both eliminated, this is peace time

and does anyone want to talk about the DPS of my Demon Hunter in Diablo? let's talk about DPS...

Some hockey thoughts.

It's crazy how timid the Kings made the Yotes look tonight in terms of moving the puck up the ice and into the kings zone. from the initial forecheck to just generally disrupting the yotes at the blue line, they were all over them.

- someone needs to make a montage of Smith dives, some entertaining stuff. that one in the third was pretty funny. Looks like he'll be ready to play in the UEFA Euro Championship if the yotes get eliminated.

- Interesting to see the ruling on that Doan hit, didn't see a great replay but the player on the boards certainly turned his back close to when the hit occurred. Hanzal just forgot to use his brain on his, certainly didn't seem malicious.

sammich

2 boardings(1 was a tough position to put Doan in), 1 where smith is trying to chop down a tree(and as a goalie, mofo i can tell you that was one good hack), no one is saying anything about the attempted knee by Derek Morris which was probably as bad as the rest. Im glad that the Kings are kicking some major ass. Glad for Sutter as well. As much as i want NJ to win, i dont think it will happen, so we will see a rematch of Torts/Sutter in the finals. Hopefully this time Sutter prevails.

Top Bottom