• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

RBH

For the second time this year, hockey will lead into horse racing. NBC has laid out a similar plan from the Kentucky Derby for the second leg of the triple crown, the Preakness.

According to an NBC Sports spokesperson, Game 3 between the Rangers and Devils in the Eastern Conference Final will air on NBC, starting at 1:00 p.m. ET. NBC will stick with the game through two potential overtimes. If the games goes to a third overtime, viewers in the New York market will stay with the game until a winner is decided. The rest of the country will need to switch over to CNBC for the rest of the game, while viewers in New York who really want to see horsies can see that on CNBC.

There is currently no alternate solution for viewers in Baltimore, who see Preakness coverage all day on their NBC affiliate as the home market to the race.
That said, the game will be streamed on NBCSports.com, but if I hear of an alternate solution, I’ll pass it along.
http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/nbcs-preakness-policy-in-effect-this-saturday/

Fei

I remember back five or so years ago one of the Sabres OT games (I think it was vs. Ottawa..) got pushed from NBC to VS because of the Preakness. It sucks they haven't found a better solution, but at least they will still with it through 2OT. From what I remember, we got booted right from the start of OT. Terrible scheduling. Especially back then since VS availability was so shitty.

Alucard

Banned

"To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome."

1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My GAF Diablo bros: I am beating the game solo first, but after that Im down to play with you box stretchers!

Same here, wanna take it all in alone first, then Nightmare wanna coop it. Also lol@ nearly everyone playing DH.

Hockey related: does anyone still care about who's playing/wins? Honestly? And I mean that on top of general interest in hockey, but full-on actively cheering for a winner.

Acid08

Banned
Uhh, dude? Only 2 games have been played in the West. 1 game in the East. Where is your crystal ball and may I see it?
Just seems likely at this point. Don't act like you don't feel like you're going to win this series.

Game is pretty good so far, Devils look good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We look slow and lifeless tonight (after a fast first 5 minutes or so). Torts is gonna tear these guys a new one.

Some really terrible penalties too, especially the Hags one.

Hell of a shot from Kovalchuk though. Perfect shot high to the glove side is how you beat Henrik.

~Kinggi~

Banned
We look slow and lifeless tonight (after a fast first 5 minutes or so). Torts is gonna tear these guys a new one.

Some really terrible penalties too, especially the Hags one.

Hell of a shot from Kovalchuk though. Perfect shot high to the glove side is how you beat Henrik.

First game they had this same issue till they scored. Then they dominated. Time to see if the first goal mattered.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's only Madison Square Garden... I'm not sure why anyone would expect it to have a working door.

Top Bottom