• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Another typical Game 2 from the Rangers. Their bipolar offense is annoying. they're not playing horrible but the momentum just flatlined in the 2nd. I think the 14 games is catching up on em. Which a shame because Henrik is having best playoff run ever.

RBH

As5k0OeCEAI7iiZ.jpg

Hunter S.

Bummer about the Devils win. LA better cream either East team though, they are the only ones that manage to be interesting.

Lol, at Brodeur scoring on himself.

Can we just start next season already, nobody seems to even care about the remaining teams besides band wagon LA fans and well actual New York fans.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Holy shit that's awesome. :lol

It seems like tonight's Tortorella press conference deeply offended the media folks, if my Twitter feed is anything to go by. Gonna keep it in the room.

Holy shit that's awesome. :lol

It seems like tonight's Tortorella press conference deeply offended the media folks, if my Twitter feed is anything to go by. Gonna keep it in the room.

I'm honestly not sure why he even does them. He's like that every game and it winds up being an awkward silence for almost a minute and then he leaves.

Quick

Banned
I'm honestly not sure why he even does them. He's like that every game and it winds up being an awkward silence for almost a minute and then he leaves.

He has to. Rangers PR people probably don't tell him shit, it would seem.

For anyone interested, here's the whole interview.

Not really a big deal, since it's his usual self. Media's butthurt 'cause there's nothing to quote him on. Is Larry Brooks banned from the press conferences? I wanna see more shit, damn it. :lol

He has to. Rangers PR people probably don't tell him shit, it would seem.

For anyone interested, here's the whole interview.

Not really a big deal, since it's his usual self. Media's butthurt 'cause there's nothing to quote him on. Is Larry Brooks banned from the press conferences? I wanna see more shit, damn it. :lol

I guess it just always feels so awkward. *Reporter asks questions* "I'm not gonna answer that" *Other reporter asks a question* "I'm not gonna answer that" *Long silence* *Torts leaves*. He'll never say anything so it feels weird to ask him or have a conference to ask him. Not sure why people would actually be mad though since I don't think I've seen a time when he didn't act like that. Was he like this with conferences when he coached Tampa?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Another typical Game 2 from the Rangers. Their bipolar offense is annoying. they're not playing horrible but the momentum just flatlined in the 2nd. I think the 14 games is catching up on em. Which a shame because Henrik is having best playoff run ever.

Yeah, the grind is definitely starting to wear on them, whether they admit it or not. Part of that is because of the Devils and Caps' play, but some of it is just the effort they are putting in. There were long stretches tonight where they were getting consistently beaten to the puck, and mostly because they flat out weren't skating hard after it. That's either laziness or fatigue.

Really the difference, though, is just that the Devils were flat out better at finishing. The shots were just about even, the chances were just about even, the general run of play over the course of 60 minutes was more or less even, but all three Devils goals were all but unbeatable (though one was completely preventable if Gaborik had gotten himself down and in the way to prevent the redirect). Just really well-executed goals.

The Richards line that was so hot late in the Caps series has really cooled down too. Fortunately the Stepan-Callahan-Kreider line is rocking the house. I think that line has created 4 of our 5 goals in this series.

C'est la vie. The entire series is going to be like this. Very very even with just one or two plays that make the difference. If we can take at least one in NJ, we'll be in good shape.

Quick

Banned
I guess it just always feels so awkward. *Reporter asks questions* "I'm not gonna answer that" *Other reporter asks a question* "I'm not gonna answer that" *Long silence* *Torts leaves*. He'll never say anything so it feels weird to ask him or have a conference to ask him. Not sure why people would actually be mad though since I don't think I've seen a time when he didn't act like that. Was he like this with conferences when he coached Tampa?

I don't remember him being this opposed to the media in Tampa, but then again that was ages ago.

Watching him on TSN on their panel was hilarious at parts. He just didn't wanna be there, and be hated The Quiz so much. :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
John Buccigross said:
Neither Rangers nor opponent have scored more than 3 goals in 15 straight playoff games, longest streak in single postseason in NHL history
That's some stat...

ShaneB

I don't remember him being this opposed to the media in Tampa, but then again that was ages ago.

Watching him on TSN on their panel was hilarious at parts. He just didn't wanna be there, and be hated The Quiz so much. :lol

Isn't it a running joke now that everyone seems to hate the quiz?

That's some stat...

Kings have consitantly been scoring 4+ goals all playoffs. Kings win the cup. Start the parade already.

Top Bottom