• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers D is looking tired at this point. Maybe the long series in the previous rounds is catching up to them.
That's also partially because Torts was benching MDZ for half the game. Until that goal, ha.

At least Marty doesn't get his shutout.

LJ11

That was a bad goal allowed by Marty. I don't know why the Rangers don't just shoot from anywhere on him.

Because they can't get into the fucking zone.

When they've actually had the puck with sustained pressure they've had results. Tired bunch.

Damn those fans jet lmao...Bad game for the Rangers, completely out of sync except for the last 5 mins. Offense couldn't get started and defense were tired as fuck. If Rangers had any chance to be a little fresh for the Cup they needed to win today....*shrug* I still see them winning the series but going 7 is a fucking bitch.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Because the Rangers have done stuff like that before, like any team. Because "that Ranger" has a name: Rupp. Because it's weird to get so angry on Brodeur's behalf after a little jab to the mask. Because... because everything, Kinggi.

Didnt think there was anything weird about it at all. Guy did a dick move that got the other team a 4 minute pp and was completely avoidable. Even though i'm a Rangers fan i also have liked Marty for many years and im of the opinion goalies are off limits unless they decide to throw the first punch, having been a goalie myself for a good 10 years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This was the 2nd game I watched since the Canucks got eliminated. Glad to see PJ is still the idiot he was before.

"New Jersey has been dominating every game this series"

"The Rangers have been all Lundqvist, and then found a timely winning goal, and they did so again tonight... oh.. wait no, not tonight".

-facepalm-

EDIT: Now PJ wants to see himself in side view because apparently it makes him look skinnier. WTF CBC?!?

Alucard

Banned
GO DEVILS! GO DEVILS! GO DEVILS! GO DEVILS!

344135112107131853863903.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This was the 2nd game I watched since the Canucks got eliminated. Glad to see PJ is still the idiot he was before.

"New Jersey has been dominating every game this series"

"The Rangers have been all Lundqvist, and then found a timely winning goal, and they did so again tonight... oh.. wait no, not tonight".

-facepalm-
To be fair, if you did a breakdown of the 12 periods in this series so far, the Devils have dominated about 9 of them.

The Rangers could easily have been eliminated 4-0 tonight with the way the series has mostly been played.

But after all that it's 2-2 with another chance to push the Devils to the edge again on Wednesday. We still need to win 2, so our situation hasn't really changed much.

Just no more shit first periods. We need to match their pace right from the get go.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I don't even, trust me. They did a camera-switch from the side-view to the front, he apparently saw that. He then, live on camera, said to turn the camera back to the side view, he posed on it, said that it made him look skinny and that from now on he should keep using that camera. The camera then went back to the front view and he turned sideways to see how he'd look there. LIVE ON CAMERA. The girl next to him kept telling him to stop doing wtf he was doing because it was LIVE ON CAMERA WTF MAN. Next segment, HE DOES IT AGAIN. She goes, also live, "please stop showing his sideview". It was ridiculous.

Alucard

Banned
I don't even, trust me. They did a camera-switch from the side-view to the front, he apparently saw that. He then, live on camera, said to turn the camera back to the side view, he posed on it, said that it made him look skinny and that from now on he should keep using that camera. The camera then went back to the front view and he turned sideways to see how he'd look there. LIVE ON CAMERA. The girl next to him kept telling him to stop doing wtf he was doing because it was LIVE ON CAMERA WTF MAN. Next segment, HE DOES IT AGAIN. She goes, also live, "please stop showing his sideview". It was ridiculous.

This needs to be youtubed. I feel like I'm missing out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we had Canada's nutty hockey personalities. The closest we have is Doc Emrick talking about landing punches in arm wrestling contests.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, Bernier got dumped bad. Most entertaining part of the game for sure. Always surprised to see him on the ice. As if someone forgot that his career ended a long time ago.

Socreges

Banned
...while also comparing past failures to current success. Weird image.

Yotes need to lose tonight so I can finally post this fucking gif.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dubinsky and Zuccarello are both on the ice at practice today for the Rangers. The team is desperately in need of fresh legs, so it could be really huge if Dubinsky can come back for Game 5 along with the returning Prust.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stanley Cup Finals Schedule

WED, MAY 30, 2012 8 pm WESTERN CHAMPION AT EASTERN CHAMPION NBC, CBC, RDS
SAT, JUNE 2, 2012 8 pm WESTERN CHAMPION AT EASTERN CHAMPION NBC, CBC, RDS
MON, JUNE 4, 2012 8 pm EASTERN CHAMPION AT WESTERN CHAMPION NBCSN, CBC, RDS
WED, JUNE 6, 2012 8 pm EASTERN CHAMPION AT WESTERN CHAMPION NBCSN, CBC, RDS
*SAT, JUNE 9, 2012 8 pm WESTERN CHAMPION AT EASTERN CHAMPION NBC, CBC, RDS
*MON, JUNE 11, 2012 8 pm EASTERN CHAMPION AT WESTERN CHAMPION NBC, CBC, RDS
*WED, JUNE 13, 2012 8 pm WESTERN CHAMPION AT EASTERN CHAMPION NBC, CBC, RDS

All times Eastern

~Kinggi~

Banned

All times Eastern
this is a wonderful schedule for me. Ill be away the week i thought the cup was taking place, but now ill only miss game one.

Clydefrog

All times Eastern

Hmmm... if the Kings make it *knock on wood* then the first 2 home games are on weeknights.

now i have to take time off work in addition to spending bucket-loads of cash on tickets...

still all hypothetical though! i'll gladly do it though!!!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Hmmm... if the Kings make it *knock on wood* then the first 2 home games are on weeknights.

now i have to take time off work in addition to spending bucket-loads of cash on tickets...
WE'RE ALL VERY SORRY FOR THE BURDEN THE KINGS HAVE PUT ON YOU

fallout

All times Eastern
This actually just reminded me about having to listen to a bunch of people saying: "Oh my god. It's June and they're STILL PLAYING HOCKEY?!"

Top Bottom