• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

LOL.

Chiarelli just confirmed that he has to go into the season assuming that Thomas isn't coming back.

That probably makes him all but untradeable now, and his $5 million still counts agains the cap.

Sanjuro

Boston is screwed. At least Tim Thomas won them one Stanley Cup Championship. Boston should still love him.

Of course. I have no issue with him taking a year off. I rather see him play, sure, but its his right.

Only downside is that I'm stuck watching Rask all season.

JABEE

Of course. I have no issue with him taking a year off. I rather see him play, sure, but its his right.

Only downside is that I'm stuck watching Rask all season.

I think Thomas is done in Boston though. They aren't going to toll his contract according to Dreger. It's going to be Rask from now on. Boston will also be stuck with a $5 million cap hit that is doing nothing for the team. I think the Cap is going up to $70.3 million this off season, but it's still a burden other Cap teams bidding on UFAs won't have to deal with.

Thomas is hurting his team by not only being absent, but also by costing them a chance to improve the team without him.

ShaneB

Now, I'm not an expert in the legalities of NHL contracts, but this whole "yeah, i'll take a year off" seems rather odd if I may say so. I mean, did he bank vacation time?

Clydefrog

LOL.

Chiarelli just confirmed that he has to go into the season assuming that Thomas isn't coming back.

That probably makes him all but untradeable now, and his $5 million still counts agains the cap.

9YUxg.gif

Sanjuro

I think Thomas is done in Boston though. They aren't going to toll his contract according to Dreger. It's going to be Rask from now on. Boston will also be stuck with a $5 million cap hit that is doing nothing for the team. I think the Cap is going up to $70.3 million this off season, but it's still a burden other Cap teams bidding on UFAs won't have to deal with.

Thomas is hurting his team by not only being absent, but also by costing them a chance to improve the team without him.

I'm not some shitty fan. If his passion isn't there, then I don't want him between the pipes of all places. All players should take personal/family issues over a game.

I do agree there is no spot to be saved for his return. If Rask somehow becomes otherworldly or Khudobin rises to the starting position.

Really? He's still going to count against the cap.

That's an organizational issue. Not really Tim's problem.

Socreges

Banned
$5M in cap space, gone. Ouch.

If there's a lockout/strike, is the relevant contract year nullified? Or pushed back one year?

April 20th made me lol, cheers Soc.
I just noticed that it's also 4/20. Is that what got you? Chose that date because that's when they were eliminated

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
RHCP called up Lidstrom on stage last night at their concert to honor him, pretty cool of them.

I'm surprised Anthony Kiedis knows who anyone is. Red Chili Peppers songs seem to have an amazing ability to start okay and then drift into pure nonsensical ramblings.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I know I know for sure
ding dang dong dong ding dang dong dong ding dang
I know I know its you
ding dang dong dong ding dang dong dong ding dang
I know I know for sure
ring ling dong ding dong ring ding dooooown ding dang!
I know I know it's you
ring-dick-a-do ring-dick-a-ding-ring doooooown ding dang!
I know, I know for sure
Ning, nang, nong, nong, neng, neng, nong, nong, ning, nang
I know, I know it's you
Ning, nang, nong, nong, neng, neng, nong, nong, ning, nang
Even lyrics sites can't agree on what the fuck

~Kinggi~

Banned
Went on vacation for a week. Was able to catch the end of game 1 while away. I kinda dont care for these teams. But ill watch anyway, hoping for a good game.

LA Times said:
Rest easy, Kings fans. If the Kings reach a Stanley Cup-clinching game, they are trying to find a way for you to be able to hear Bob Miller call it. Just not live.

Miller and color man Jim Fox will record the game, which will be available at a later date for Kings fans to listen to.

Well there's a ringtone possibility.

Top Bottom