• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Am I the only right handed person that shoots right handed?

Well, I'm ambidextrous, I just favor my right side when it comes to sports. I think the righties that shoot right-handed and vice-versa do it because it allows for your dominant hand to be on the stick when you're reaching, etc.

Just feels more natural that way.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Am I the only right handed person that shoots right handed?

:lol Ok.....

I was actually surprised by the amount of agreement with myself I'm getting here, I always thought most right-handed people shot right lol. At least that's how it always is in real life around me... For me it's coming from tennis, I was more used to holding the stick on my left hand, since you really only double-hand your backhand in tennis.

Also lol@lidstrom comment.

iiLLU.gif

Doesn't matter as much much for someone who plays goalie though, I suppose.

The biggest thread on Neogaf in the last 40 years.

:lol

Clydefrog

I actually posted a lot more in last year’s playoff thread than this year because I was posting during games once the Kings got knocked out. I don’t post a thing during Kings games… only a few posts hours after the game finished, depending on how drunk I am.

Socreges

Banned
Most people are right-handed and shoot/swing/golf 'right-handed'.

Some people are right-handed and shoot/swing/golf 'left-handed'.

Even fewer are left-handed and... I don't know if that would have any effect on how they shoot/swing/golf.

Well, I'm ambidextrous, I just favor my right side when it comes to sports. I think the righties that shoot right-handed and vice-versa do it because it allows for your dominant hand to be on the stick when you're reaching, etc.

Just feels more natural that way.
I wish I was ambidextrous with my feet. That would be awesome.

Even fewer are left-handed and... I don't know if that would have any effect on how they shoot/swing/golf.

Hockey helped, but I never had an issue with it. It just sorta "translated" to my feet when teaching myself to be ambidextrous.

Solo

last year's playoff thread had 29,734 posts.

We're at 24398 this year (between the two threads) with at least three games to go. Can the Kings bandwagon drive us over the top?!

I kinda got burnt out from the Habs disaster of a season by February and basically only posted intermittently. So there's a good 100 posts gone :lol

I'll be all rested up and ready to go for October though.

Solo

Listen to this clusterfuck. Solo:

- swings left (tennis)
- swings right (baseball)
- shoots left (hockey)
- shoots right (basketball)
- golfs left (golf, duh)
- throws right (baseball, football)
- writes left

- swings left (tennis)
- shoots left (hockey)
- golfs left (golf, duh)
- writes left

-Right in tennis, but don't really play
-Switch hitter in baseball
-Lefty in hockey
-Can shoot either in basketball
-Golfs right, but lolgolf
-Can throw either
-Can write either

Bam. And also what the fuck, Solo.

Socreges

Banned

- swings left (tennis)
- shoots left (hockey)
- golfs left (golf, duh)
- writes left
mwabv7.gif

What really doesn't make any sense to me there is that you swing right for baseball. The rest I can kind of understand.

- swings right (tennis)
- swings left (baseball)
- shoots left (hockey)
- golfs left (golf)
- writes right

Solo

I think the term Solo is looking for is ambidextrous. Maybe slightly, but it seems you at least somewhat are.

No, ambidextrous would mean I could do most of these things both left and right. I can't. When I throw with my left, I throw like a girl. Swinging a baseball bat left feels fucking awkward as shit. Etc.

Don't worry, all my friends think its fucking weird too :lol

No, ambidextrous would mean I could do most of these things both left and right. I can't. When I throw with my left, I throw like a girl. Swinging a baseball bat left feels fucking awkward as shit. Etc.

Weird. It never felt unnatural to me when I started consciously trying to learn stuff the other way. I'd suggest it. Not too difficult and is very useful.

Socreges

Banned
Solo is clearly a product of some twisted form of social engineering. He should be swinging left for baseball.

Ambidexterity is useless, in my opinion, unless you injure one hand. Or if we're talking about kicking a soccer ball or swinging a baseball bat (adjusting to pitchers).

Marvie_3

Banned
Weird. It never felt unnatural to me when I started consciously trying to learn stuff the other way. I'd suggest it. Not too difficult and is very useful.

I suppose it would be useful. If some guy broke into my apartment and chopped off my right arm I could just laugh at him and tell him I can still write with my other hand!

Smiley90

- swings left (tennis)
- shoots left (hockey)
- golfs left (golf, duh)
- writes left

I don't understand the writing and baseball, the rest makes sense.

-swing left (tennis, well, backhand is left if that's what you meant? Same for baseball)
-shoot left (hockey & floorball)
-shoot right (soccer, pool, handball)
-write right.

So basically, everything double handed I'm better on my left side (because of Tennis, which was my first sport), everything one-handed (or footed) I do right. Makes sense to me...

Socreges

Banned
I don't understand the writing and baseball, the rest makes sense.

-swing left (tennis, well, backhand is left if that's what you meant? Same for baseball)
-shoot left (hockey & floorball)
-shoot right (soccer, pool, handball)
-write right.

So basically, everything double handed I'm better on my left side (because of Tennis, which was my first sport), everything one-handed (or footed) I do right. Makes sense to me...
I thought he meant forehand. Otherwise I'm wrong. My backhand is left, my forehand is right.

Smiley90

I thought he meant forehand. Otherwise I'm wrong. My backhand is left, my forehand is right.

Mine too. If his backhand is right in tennis, then that's also screwed up. Again, double-handed stuff left, one-handed stuff right. Only way to go.

Also, Clydefrog says he does everything left if that answers your question Red. :p

Solo is clearly a product of some twisted form of social engineering. He should be swinging left for baseball.

Ambidexterity is useless, in my opinion, unless you injure one hand. Or if we're talking about kicking a soccer ball or swinging a baseball bat (adjusting to pitchers).

That's the big thing.

I suppose it would be useful. If some guy broke into my apartment and chopped off my right arm I could just laugh at him and tell him I can still write with my other hand!

Also writing. Used to be useful in school for essays. One hand gets cramped, write the rest with the other. Still IS useful, since my major is journalism. :lol

zedge

Hartley said he's not there for a rebuild......when is Calgary going to get the memo?

Heh, although he did say he wants an entertaining product on the ice, offensive minded, no sitting on the blue line defensive crap.

Kinda excited.. :D

Top Bottom