• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

cube444

It's not over till it's over.

It's over. Kings going with home to an amped up crowd with last change and Quick clearly in the minds of Devils shooters.

Do you see ANY signs that the Devils can win 4 of the next 5?

I don't.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Remember the last time a team was up 2-0 in the Cup Finals?

That team won those games at home. Kings are heading home up 2-0.

Stat!

Remember the last time a team was up 2-0 in the Cup Finals?

There is a difference between going down two games and going home and going two down on the road. NJ needs to win 4 of the next 5 games and 2 of them on the road.

The road team in the finals when going up 2-0 back home is 9-2 (to win the series). When a home team goes up 2-0 (like last year), they are 33-3.

Also, to the guy asking bout Ducks fans, probably the same as you did when the Ducks won the cup in 2007.

With that being said, LA is clicking at the right time. They struggled all year to score but have everyone clicking and some great forwards led with an unbelievable back end. Once they figured out how to score, they'd be unstoppable. And they are.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Tell you guys what, with E3 going on at the convention center next week (literally right next to the Staples Center), downtown LA is gonna be a mad house. If the Kings win game 3 on Monday, Wednesday night will be impossible to get around down there.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Just arrived from Hrušica, Kopitar's home town and over 1000 people watched game on big screen. At 2 am.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's the record for most dominating cup run? Edmonton with 1 loss? LA can do it with 2, not bad.

Tell you guys what, with E3 going on at the convention center next week (literally right next to the Staples Center), downtown LA is gonna be a mad house. If the Kings win game 3 on Monday, Wednesday night will be impossible to get around down there.

Kings pulling an E3 fuck you on behalf of the Lakers.

<3

I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't. All of it was based on NJ is in full rebuild mode and he'll be stuck there and he doesn't want that but they have definitely exceeded expectations. Although without a great replacement for Brodeur it could be very painful next season if he retires.

Actually he did say money was important. NJ wont have the real dollars to compete with places like Detroit, ect. Cup final ticket sales wont hurt them in this area, but they are still pretty deep in the hole. I'd say its 60% he goes UFA and 40% he stays at this point. Parise didn't go out and hire Newport Sports so that he could take a hometown discount.

It still hurts goddamnit.

Every time the Hockey Night in Canada intro plays, I look away because I know how it ends.

Thankfully after this year they'll change it.

And yeah Devils have their backs against the wall. But look at it this way: Kings have lost twice in the playoffs, both at home.

Cake Boss

Banned
So drunk rigjt niw nhl gaferd . Just wanted to stay hellos ahh sheet some black chikd has a dick in thaia hotelss. Ill kick her jims out noooowwww

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The 2011-12 Kings are going to go down as one of the best Cup-winning teams of the modern era. Crazy shit.

Actually he did say money was important. NJ wont have the real dollars to compete with places like Detroit, ect. Cup final ticket sales wont hurt them in this area, but they are still pretty deep in the hole. I'd say its 60% he goes UFA and 40% he stays at this point. Parise didn't go out and hire Newport Sports so that he could take a hometown discount.

Ah, didn't know he said that. Should be an interesting offseason then.

Hunter S.

Missed the first games due to the devils, but good did his bidding. Might watch the last two to see if we get the sweep. Fun stuff and happy LA fans. Drunk posting.

So drunk rigjt niw nhl gaferd . Just wanted to stay hellos ahh sheet some black chikd has a dick in thaia hotelss. Ill kick her jims out noooowwww

XwOrJ.gif

Solo

I have sent Carter a kilo of blow to fill up the Cup with in a few days.

Still hoping NJ can somehow turn this around - the mass exodus off the Kings bandwagon of "lifelongs" would be fucking hilarious. NJ has no bandwagon, so its not as fun if they lose.

Alucard

Banned
It's Sunday morning, and no one has posted the Carter cocaine pic? :( I'm trying to find it, but it must be a GAF original.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Devils really, really needed to win Game 1 to not allow the Kings to get comfortable yet again. Now that they're down 0-2, they're screwed. Their best bet would've been making the Kings feel some sort of adversity, which they really haven't experienced yet, but they've failed at that.

They now need to fly cross-country for a game tomorrow night, the first time they've been out of the eastern timezone in five months. That's not gonna help matters.

cube444

Every time the Hockey Night in Canada intro plays, I look away because I know how it ends.

Thankfully after this year they'll change it.

And yeah Devils have their backs against the wall. But look at it this way: Kings have lost twice in the playoffs, both at home.

I don't see it. Kings are 14-2 in these playoffs and the Devils have shown me nothing to suggest that they can win 4 of the next 5.

The Devils don't even have a clean goal on Quick after two games! :lol

I don't see it. Kings are 14-2 in these playoffs and the Devils have shown me nothing to suggest that they can win 4 of the next 5.

The Devils don't even have a clean goal on Quick after two games! :lol

Idk that deflection by Carter was pretty damn good.

But in the first game, the Kings were the ones that scored all 3 goals haha

vatstep

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT
Let the Rask era begin!

Top Bottom