• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Cake Boss

Banned
CakeBoss, what are you trying to do with that trade? You don't seem like you're over the cap and we're only allowing cap dump like in Mac's case if there's some issues during resigning stage where the game accidentally puts someone over the cap. I declined it for now, if you can explain what's up with it we'll get it done tomorrow.

I am at the contract limit, I have a couple of prospects to sign next season plus while these guys are decent depth players, I would rather give their spots to my prospects who have a couple of years of development time left,and give them the ice time instead of these guys who seem to be maxed out.

Yeah I can fit them under the cap but they are useless to me, would rather give them to someone who could use them.

Fucking injuries, Culek out for 50 games, that would definitely not help his development on his last year.

MacAttack

LOL really? I didn't check, I only saw the picks so I assumed. Let's figure that out lol
I would assume you trade me back the player or the picks. I prefer to get the player (especially at that cap hit) but if you just want to send the picks back I'm fine with that.

I have Nashville's 7th round pick to 'balance' any trades that need to be made.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I would assume you trade me back the player or the picks. I prefer to get the player (especially at that cap hit) but if you just want to send the picks back I'm fine with that.

I have Nashville's 7th round pick to 'balance' any trades that need to be made.

I thought you didn't even have any cap space? Or at least you were in no position to offer sheet the player, so technically you never should have gotten him, right?

We should have set up penalties for being over the cap so people would be more careful :p

NHL '14 league will have those for sure

They need to do a better way of displaying the data first. Last offseason it showed that I had 8mil in cap space so I bidder on someone and won. When the season started, I was 3 mil over

MacAttack

I thought you didn't even have any cap space? Or at least you were in no position to offer sheet the player, so technically you never should have gotten him, right?
Technically, the automated free agency system is flawed. I put in a claim on an RFA and you declined to match. My cap situation was because the AI mismanaged signing priority. I would have had enough for him if the computer didnt sign two players for $8mil that put me over the cap.

I've also been burned the other way by not being aggressive enough and getting outbid and been left with nothing.

I don't care which you decide to send back but there's no reason for you to have both picks and player at this point.

MacAttack

We should have set up penalties for being over the cap so people would be more careful :p

NHL '14 league will have those for sure
If the automated waiver system is still in, and I assume it will be, there should be a restructuring period were you can sort out what you end up with and still have the opportunity to buy out players who could then enter the free agency pool.

Smiley90

Simming now, I'll send you the trade after Mac

EDIT: :lol I can't trade Rupert, it says he has an outstanding offer sheet. AND you don't have the cap space for him.You can see for yourself, maybe it works once the cap space is there. If it doesn't, just send me a trade for the picks back.

MacAttack

Simming now, I'll send you the trade after Mac

EDIT: :lol I can't trade Rupert, it says he has an outstanding offer sheet. AND you don't have the cap space for him.You can see for yourself, maybe it works once the cap space is there. If it doesn't, just send me a trade for the picks back.
I cleared out space last night by sending down a player (RFA w/ 2 way). It seems like the computer called him back up by the end of the sim and before trades were processed.

I'll try and send the trade through tonight after I send the player back down. If it still doesn't work I'd be fine with just getting the picks back. Thanks for working on this with me, pal!

MacAttack

I got the same message about Rupurt and sent you a trade (NSH 2020 7th) for the 1st and 3rd round picks you received as compensation for him.

MacAttack

Someone check how the Habs are doing, I'm in Las Vegas
12-11-2 / 4-5-1 In the last ten.

You're top ten in scoring but bottom ten in goals against.

Currently in 7th in the east.

My team has one of the best home records (10-4-1) and one of the worst road records (1-7-0). That should even out though.

Smiley90

Somewhat lackluster start into the season, 17-10-3, but then I'm a worse team than last season and had a couple injuries. We'll see.

Smiley90

is their a point in editing lines?
and gaborik for sale

With how badly AI GM's have screwed over their teams because they suck? Not really. Most of us will make the playoffs even with the shitty AI line setup, simply because our teams overall are just so much better.

I think the beginning of seasons is always more quiet, since there's not much to do and not much at stake except caretaking of lines maybe :p

Yea, basically this. I'm also just seeing how this season pans out. Then I realized I still don't have a number one pick. So next season...

Still, I'm willing to move ALL my top guys for picks and prospects if anyone has any interest. No one is safe in MIN.

Smiley90

Yea, basically this. I'm also just seeing how this season pans out. Then I realized I still don't have a number one pick. So next season...

Still, I'm willing to move ALL my top guys for picks and prospects if anyone has any interest. No one is safe in MIN.

Soc says he has one of your trade picks that you should be getting back from a leftover thing, but you haven't been on lately. Might wanna check on your console ;)

MacAttack

James Neal on the block for top 6 defensive defenseman or TWD.

Any other forward is up for discussion except Galy and Panik. Looking for NHL ready prospects or Top 6 defense.

Smiley90

So I guess nothing got done? I think trade deadline is in like... 3 or 4 days, just get it done before then :p just check again tmrw evening before I sim ;)

i dont understand goalies in this game. i keep picking up scrubs off free agency, and they keep outperforming everyone...
with that said, michaelek and gaborik for sale. looking for d in return, perhaps a goalie, or another forward (preferablly power)

Smiley90

7.5m for two years.

Did we miss a sim last night?

Sorry I didn't get to it last night, roommate had easter dinner til late. I'll go sim in like 30mins.

EDIT: Simming now, someone please tell me once the trade deadline news pop up, becausee the game likes to not tell me that. Should be soon, maybe 2 sims from now.

Smiley90

Alright I JUST got the message pop-up that apparntly the trade deadline is on! So no simming tonight! Get your trades in (indigo, Soc, looking at you :p )

I should check my team

Meh, I'll stand pat, team looks like it could go either way

If you need an 80+ centre on an expiring contract let me know just in case
Same with Hornqvist

Smiley90

We're 1 sim away from the playoffs. Soc asked for kicks (and since most people appear to be kind of mulling around) and I really don't mind if people play their AI games out this last sim. So feel free to play them, if you want, just make sure it's the AI games. :p just click A when you selected the proper game.

We're 1 sim away from the playoffs. Soc asked for kicks (and since most people appear to be kind of mulling around) and I really don't mind if people play their AI games out this last sim. So feel free to play them, if you want, just make sure it's the AI games. :p just click A when you selected the proper game.

sounds good.

Smiley90

ALRIGHT, seeding is done!

BTW, this also means draft priority is up. Draft class sucks again, with only one 4.5star. :p quite a lot of 4stars though.

Round 1:

Western Conference

Vancouver (1) - Colorado (8)
Phoenix (2) - Detroit (7)
Columbus (3) - Chicago (6)
LA (4) - Nashville (5)

Eastern Conference

NYI (1) - Ottawa (8)
Toronto (2) - Carolina (7)
Winnipeg (3) - NJ (6)
NYR (4) - Florida (5)

Smiley90

Also, I had this idea since interest appears to be kind of wading:

Next season will be a "free for all" season, where everyone is allowed to

A) fleece the AI as hard as they want, and I'll allow any kind of trade to be made (if two people trade for the same AI player at the same time, I'll just decide based on which message shows up for me first).

B) You're allowed to play your AI games if you want, or even your human games but only if the other person is there too, of course. Don't play against a human team's AI.

Any interest in doing this?

Top Bottom