• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

I'm letting Norris trophy winner Tom Gilbert go to UFA as I will have 6 D over 80 signed already

Also going to have an 81 goalie as my starter in the minors

Should have 7ish million to sign a decent forward

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I realized I made a mistake and accidentally PM'd Crazed instead of CCF about Detroit not having resigned anyone yet, so I wanna give him an extra day anyway. My bad in this case probably helps at least CCF and Random then. So if nobody has anything against it, I'll sim tomorrow.

Alternatively, I can add an extra re-signing day, so those that CAN and DID submit offers don't feel "cheated" on and get in fact an extra 4th resigning day out of it. Let me know guys.

theRizzle

I don't think a 4th resigning day is necessary. If you haven't signed the guy by then you probably didn't want him that badly anyways.

Smiley90

I'll put in a 4th day, mainly because I wanna give CCF a chance and messaged him too late.

Cake Boss

Banned
Damn, was hoping I wake up today with a hangover and offer contracts that I will regret the next day.

-I cant find the cunt that won't sign with me anywhere in the 'upcoming free agent class'
I think hes getting glitched out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking shit, out of all those offers I get 2 fucking prospects, while Soc signed 18 of them.

One of them is pretty cool though, 21 years old, 6'6 250LBS, already 76OVR, 86 speed and accaleration.

MacAttack

Simming now

EDIT: I can't match that, fu mac :(

Neither can I apparently. Im over the cap by about 6 mil according to the app.

I figured the cpu would stop signing players once I hit the cap since I've never had this problem before. I think its too late to release players so what should I do? trade? bury a contract in the minors?

theRizzle

What... I actually signed a prospect away from Vancouver???

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Dmitri Babchuk to YOUR Toronto Maple Leafs!

I may have a good chunk of cap space to pick up players, depending if any of the offers I made last night are accepted but it's mostly depth guys for the minors, just let me know who you are looking to part with to get under the cap

MacAttack

I may have a good chunk of cap space to pick up players, depending if any of the offers I made last night are accepted but it's mostly depth guys for the minors, just let me know who you are looking to part with to get under the cap
Ballard (36) is an 84ovr TWD signed for 3 years @ $5.5m.

Zack Smith (31) is an 82ovr center signed for 2 years at $3.75m

Had I known I was able to sign Cogliano, I wouldn't have needed Smith and wouldn't have been able to afford Ballard.

I'm not sure how best to handle trading them so Ill wait until Smiley gives me a ruling. I don't expect anything in return so figuring out who gets these players might be tricky.

Smiley90

Well if you're over the cap you either trade them

A) to one of us, if you get a trade to work

Or

B) to the AI in a very one-sided camp dump trade which you'll objectively "lose".

MacAttack

Well if you're over the cap you either trade them

A) to one of us, if you get a trade to work

Or

B) to the AI in a very one-sided camp dump trade which you'll objectively "lose".
Ok thanks.

In that case I might have some other guys I'd be willing to deal and Ill update who's available later tonight.

Since I didn't give up anything to acquire these guys I have no problem dumping them with no return, it just kind of sucks for everyone that they were taken off the market when I couldn't even fit them under my cap.

Cake Boss

Banned
So I had 3 names that didn't show up on my transactions page.

I had to go in the contracts page and found 3 players that I didn't even know signed with me on the 1st day of free agency.

The new Ottawa SNES.

Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
M. Lucic (PWF, 86)         A. Kopitar (PLY, 90)        J. Culek (PWF, 83)
M.Puempel (SNP, 82)     P. Berglund (PLY, 82)     J. Voracek (SNP, 84)
T.Hertl (PWF, 82)           C. Jarnkrok (PLY, 81)     C. Versteeg (SNP, 82)
L. Tavares (SNP, 79)      R. Rackell (PLY, 79)        B. Trook (SNP, 79)

Samuelsson (PWF, 79)

LD                        RD
J. Gardiner (TWD, 88)    J. Carlson (TWD, 85)
D. Girardi (DFD, 85)       R. Ellis (OFD, 85)
R. Josi (TWD, 80)           CockCock (TWD, 79)

Dotchin (DFD, 79) Ceci, Vance, Sproul 78

G
C. Price (91)
Stalock (81)

Trade Block

Yogan (C, PLY, 80 OVR, 27 years old 1.8M cap hit)
Thirreau (D, TWD, 79OVR, 27, 2.1 cap hit)

Just looking for 6th-7th rounders if anyone is looking for cheap depth, both guys have 1 year left, better than what you find in the free agency.

Smiley90

Simming all the way until lineups now, as this was the 3rd day of free agency! Everyone will be able to set their lines, and Mac, you need to sort out your cap situation. :p

Smiley90

CakeBoss, what are you trying to do with that trade? You don't seem like you're over the cap and we're only allowing cap dump like in Mac's case if there's some issues during resigning stage where the game accidentally puts someone over the cap. I declined it for now, if you can explain what's up with it we'll get it done tomorrow.

AHA I've been pretty busy the past few days so I didn't get to check in on how my re-signs went. All-in-all, fine. I may have lost Lupul somewhere, unless I traded him? I can't remember right now. But the AI signed a yellow 1-star 20 year old to a $9m contract. Probably so I was at the floor or something? My goalie lineup is bad...

Top Bottom