• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

theRizzle

That sounds great to me!

I would be up for a head to head game ANYTIME.

Also, I am going to be gone from today until the 15th or 16th. I might need to drop out I guess.

Also, I had this idea since interest appears to be kind of wading:

Next season will be a "free for all" season, where everyone is allowed to

A) fleece the AI as hard as they want, and I'll allow any kind of trade to be made (if two people trade for the same AI player at the same time, I'll just decide based on which message shows up for me first).

B) You're allowed to play your AI games if you want, or even your human games but only if the other person is there too, of course. Don't play against a human team's AI.

Any interest in doing this?

Sounds like a lot of fun. Should garner some more participation I think. I'm going to fleece AI good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sorry couldn't sim last night, had something come up. Simmed now!

Results:

Round 1:

Western Conference

Vancouver (1) - Colorado (8) (4-1)
Phoenix (2) - Detroit (7) (4-3)
Columbus (3) - Chicago (6) (3-4)
LA (4) - Nashville (5) (3-4)

Eastern Conference

NYI (1) - Ottawa (8) (4-1)
Toronto (2) - Carolina (7) (4-2)
Winnipeg (3) - NJ (6) (4-1)
NYR (4) - Florida (5) (3-4)

Round 2:

Vancouver (1) - Chicago (6)
Phoenix (2) - Nashville (5)

NYI (1) - Florida (5)
Toronto (2) - Winnipeg (3)

Smiley90

Round 2:

Vancouver (1) - Chicago (6) (1-4)
Phoenix (2) - Nashville (5) (2-4)

NYI (1) - Florida (5) (4-3)
Toronto (2) - Winnipeg (3) (1-4)

Round 3:

Nashville (5) - Chicago (6)
NYI (1) - Winnipeg (3)

Only 2 Human-controlled team left? Looks like all those draft picks that the AI got through sucking are starting to pay off...

Round 2:

Round 3:

NYI (1) - Winnipeg (3)

Only 2 Human-controlled team left? Looks like all those draft picks that the AI got through sucking are starting to pay off...
damn another second round exit

Delryk

Round 2:

Round 3:

NYI (1) - Winnipeg (3)

Same for me. Havent made a trade in 3 seasons. Was letting my picks grow

Smiley90

ALRIGHT, I'll sim the SCF and the draft tomorrow, get your draft priority in if you want, resigning starts after that :)

Round 3:

Nashville (5) - Chicago (6) (2-4)
NYI (1) - Winnipeg (3) (3-4)

SCF:

Chicago - Winnipeg

Rev vs the AI! :p

Smiley90

NO GAME FOR REV

THE AI WINS IT ALL

Chicago - Winnipeg (2-4)

Now on to simming draft and growths.

EDIT: Aaaand done!

Landeskog back up to 88!
Karlsson down to 87 :(

Hamhuis retired? fuuu

Smiley, just to reiterate can you detail the changes for this upcoming season? Meaning, the stuff about playing/simming games manually, trading with AI, etc?

Smiley90

Smiley, just to reiterate can you detail the changes for this upcoming season? Meaning, the stuff about playing/simming games manually, trading with AI, etc?

Sure! Same as this/every season up to now, except:

a) I won't make sure a trade with the AI is "fair" anymore and decline based on that. I WILL still decline if it puts one of the two teams above the cap, although usually it shouldn't even allow you to make a trade like that. You're free to trade your first round pick in 2030 or something like that (not sure what the last year of picks you can trade is right now :lol)

b) Feel free to play games against the AI with your GM Connected team yourself, if you want. Do NOT play games against other human-controlled teams though! That's just not fair. Also leave Rizzle/Toronto out of trades/games, if he's coming back that wouldn't be fair, either.

Sure! Same as this/every season up to now, except:

a) I won't make sure a trade with the AI is "fair" anymore and decline based on that. I WILL still decline if it puts one of the two teams above the cap, although usually it shouldn't even allow you to make a trade like that. You're free to trade your first round pick in 2030 or something like that (not sure what the last year of picks you can trade is right now :lol)

b) Feel free to play games against the AI with your GM Connected team yourself, if you want. Do NOT play games against other human-controlled teams though! That's just not fair. Also leave Rizzle/Toronto out of trades/games, if he's coming back that wouldn't be fair, either.

Awesome, thanks!

MacAttack

I'm out too, don't have the time/interest right now. Ill reconsider if I get more time but I will be back for sure when NHL 14 comes out.

Smiley90

Alright, I've dropped everyone that didn't resign anybody to protect their teams from losing everyone - let me know if you want back in, feel free to anytime. Esp with the fleecings and playing allowed, next season should be fun.

Simming the second day now, tomorrow will be the last day of resigning!

Smiley90

xbox live has been down all day and appears to still be down, so I won't be able to sim tonight...

Socreges

Banned
*celebrates cup win from two seasons ago*

Finally winning kinda killed my interest but I still head online during the crucial periods. Anyway I think it's a good idea to have a 'fleecing season' for those remaining before letting it die for real. Why not.

If I forget in the future, thanks to smiley for putting the time in and even awarding winners with Steam games. He should be an early favourite for NHL '14 commissioner, if he's willing. Though of course it'll be a group effort in many ways, like it has been.

Smiley90

*celebrates cup win from two seasons ago*

Finally winning kinda killed my interest but I still head online during the crucial periods. Anyway I think it's a good idea to have a 'fleecing season' for those remaining before letting it die for real. Why not.

If I forget in the future, thanks to smiley for putting the time in and even awarding winners with Steam games. He should be an early favourite for NHL '14 commissioner, if he's willing. Though of course it'll be a group effort in many ways, like it has been.

I just hope NHL14 will have an actual scouting system, and non-hour-long menus. A proper scouting system will make trade picks actually have some value too, since with the current system any pick that's not a top-10 pick is essentially worthless. There's no "surprise" good picks after that, since exact values are known, it's completely broken :lol

And thanks. Yeah there's like... 5 or 6 left atm, so this will just be a free-for-all, do-what-you-want last season. I'll give my team a try too, once I finally get rid of Seguin and get an actually decent 1st line C. Landeskog-x-Eberle is gonna tear shit up.

Socreges

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all Connected leagues are hosted on EA's servers, right? I'm not too confident that loading times will be -good- in '14, but I'm sure they won't be quite as bad.

And the AI needs to be improved. Too often they sign shit prospects, reach 50/50, and are forced to release great prospects that would only make 550k over three seasons.

Smiley90

Sim is done! Free Agency begins! Again, a quick reminder:

You'll still need to be under the cap.
You'll still be restricted to 50 players signed max.
You can fleece whoever you want, however hard you want to.
If multiple people put in an accepted trade for the same player/team at the same time, I will accept whatever trade shows up in my mailbox first when I process the trades. So if your trade didn't go through, it's probably because either a) somebody else made a trade for the same player or b) somebody else made a trade with the same team, which changed their cap situation.

Out of fairness, I won't put in any trade requests myself until tomorrow, since if I did them right after simming my trades would then obviously show up first, and that'd be an unfair advantage.

Happy fleecing!

Smiley90

smelly pls, it says i'm no longer gm of the hawks, i did make some contract re-signings. :(

No you didn't (after the first 2 days), I sent you a PM asking if you were still going to which you didn't reply to, so I assumed you were out and I wanted the AI to at least save the team... Read yo PM's! Just send a join request and I'll accept it :p

Smiley90

Advancing to the beginning of the season now!

EDIT: Worst player on my starting roster is an 81. Not bad.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Alright, Smiley. I just made a bunch of ridiculous trades with the AI. You've been warned.

Also, the system doesn't stop you from offering the same draft pick multiple times, so its possible that I may have fucked up and tried to trade the same pick twice. I'm not totally sure. We'll see.

Smiley90

Alright, Smiley. I just made a bunch of ridiculous trades with the AI. You've been warned.

Also, the system doesn't stop you from offering the same draft pick multiple times, so its possible that I may have fucked up and tried to trade the same pick twice. I'm not totally sure. We'll see.

I'll just accept whatever trade you did first. I've seen some good trades already, don't worry. My lines are now so glorious.

88-92-88
82-85-83
81-81-81
80-81-81

Dat Stamkos trade.

6for8

Just finished a game after a 4 month layoff. Scored a really nice goal in the first 10 minutes, at least the A.I. thought so. Poke check tip into my own goal :) I tried to feed Rattie all game so he could put his 99s to work but he only got a couple of shots off.

I love taking my team onto the ice. We should have allowed a couple of games every season.

Smiley90

Just finished a game after a 4 month layoff. Scored a really nice goal in the first 10 minutes, at least the A.I. thought so. Poke check tip into my own goal :) I tried to feed Rattie all game so he could put his 99s to work but he only got a couple of shots off.

I love taking my team onto the ice. We should have allowed a couple of games every season.

It would've been all-but-guaranteed wins for those playing, and we didn't wanna unfairly influence the standings (especially since some teams play against more AI teams than others, e.g. if there's less human-controlled teams in the division/conference)

Socreges

Banned
Traded her in. Please drop me as I was too lazy to do it myself.

Was a lot of fun for the most part. Highlight for me was the Kessel/Landeskog/Gaunce trade. Cheers, guys. Hope we get a good group back for '14.

6for8, I played a game against the AI too. Was really cool seeing my guys on the ice instead of just as numbers. Wish I'd done that once more.

Smiley90

Not posting every day, but simming every day. Approved the probably biggest deal imaginable, for Shinkaruk, the arguably best player in the entire system of the league. NICE. (For Kesler, a 19 year old prospect and three firsts haha)

My lines make me feel good.

88-92-88
82-85-85
82-83-83
80-81-81

87-87
85-85
84-83

feels so good.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Not posting every day, but simming every day. Approved the probably biggest deal imaginable, for Shinkaruk, the arguably best player in the entire system of the league. NICE. (For Kesler, a 19 year old prospect and three firsts haha)

It was tough to give up all those firsts, but it's Shinkaruk, so I figured I might as well go for it.

It's too bad Yakupov is missing most of the season, otherwise my Shinkaruk-Couture-Yakupov first line could do some real damage.

Ah, I feel bad, I really haven't had the time to check on my team for the past few days. I'm going to have to bow-out at this point as my team has been left unattended for the most part. It was fun, and I'm really looking forward to NHL14; should be a much more lengthy experience!

Smiley90

Regular Season is over! I won the President's Trophy wootwoot.

Shinkaruk by far outscored everyone, but Stamkos was at least 2nd in the league after I acquired him via trade. Not bad.

Too lazy to create the entire bracket again for the... 2 or 3 of us still playing haha. Last season, last playoffs! We're getting there. Slowly but surely.

Smiley90

I was gone for the weekend, sorry. Couple more days to sim then this is all over, haha

EDIT: Simmed, Conference Finals are:

Columbus (1) - Vancouver (2)
Florida (1) - Islanders (3)

so many top seeds, that's a first.

Socreges

Banned
God damn. All those trades and I lose to a seven seed in the first round.
I know that feel, mang

I was gone for the weekend, sorry. Couple more days to sim then this is all over, haha

EDIT: Simmed, Conference Finals are:

Columbus (1) - Vancouver (2)
Florida (1) - Islanders (3)

so many top seeds, that's a first.
Aw yeah. Technically I haven't actually dropped my team yet even though I haven't had the game for a couple weeks. I should rent it, change my lines, to return it. Gotta get that free Steam game, right Smiley?

Top Bottom