• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

6for8

who gets to fleece the AI team

I think you would need to prohibit trades to AI controlled teams. Not for the players teams would receive but after the bleeding was complete the AI would have a depleted roster. This would lead to easy wins for teams in the same division and the AI would receive the 1st overall pick every year. The race would be on to see who can trade a 1st + 2nd to the AI for its first round pick.

I could be wrong and maybe the GM brain will do the fleecing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think you would need to prohibit trades to AI controlled teams. Not for the players teams would receive but after the bleeding was complete the AI would have a depleted roster. This would lead to easy wins for teams in the same division and the AI would receive the 1st overall pick every year. The race would be on to see who can trade a 1st + 2nd to the AI for its first round pick.

Definitely, we'd have to prohibit it, but that'd suck if one team was banned from trading... esp if that team gets the one piece you really want in the random draft or sth. Hence I really hope that 1 spot fills up :D

Marvie_3

Banned

Commissioners have to approve trades.

Tabris

Just a quick confirmation, I assume we are going to give people a week or two to buy the game before we start the league right?

Just a quick confirmation, I assume we are going to give people a week or two to buy the game before we start the league right?

I'd actually be in favor of this for the VS league, Commissioner Red_Man Bettman

it would give everyone some time to get used to the game, prevent us from starting up with some no-shows who end up not buying the game or backing out of the league before it starts, and specifically for the VS league the delay might allow some time to generate interest that might see a few more players signup since we could use a couple more

Maybe wait about a week and a half and start it the 2nd weekend after the game comes out (14th-16th?), that should be plenty of time

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'd actually be in favor of this for the VS league, Commissioner Red_Man Bettman

it would give everyone some time to get used to the game, prevent us from starting up with some no-shows who end up not buying the game or backing out of the league before it starts, and specifically for the VS league the delay might allow some time to generate interest that might see a few more players signup since we could use a couple more

Maybe wait about a week and a half and start it the 2nd weekend after the game comes out (14th-16th?), that should be plenty of time

That sounds good to me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yea, I'm cool with that, seeing as we could use more time to recruit for the VS league anyways. SIM guys have to figure out what % of you will have the game 1st day.

Smiley90

Yea, I'm cool with that, seeing as we could use more time to recruit for the VS league anyways. SIM guys have to figure out what % of you will have the game 1st day.

Since initial signups happened a LONG time ago, Marvie should also contact those from whom we haven't heard in a while. If the league is full, I'd rather have it full with active people. Also definitely in favour of starting both leagues after a week.

RS4-

If someone drops from the GM league, count me in.

As for the VS one, uhhh...I guess I'll take the Rangers.

Fuck Philly and fuck New York.

Red_Man

I don't have the season pass because I'm not a SUCKER!
3 copies of NHL 12 :(

Red_Man

Pretty sure that's the nicest thing you've ever said to besides the odd compliment on a play once every 2 months of playing in club. I'm going to screen shot it and post it above my tv for next season.

If enough of you get the game early then you can try it out but it might work better if people who are only playing in the VS league be the ones to test it out.......red_man should be there for sure

Pretty sure that's the nicest thing you've ever said to besides the odd compliment on a play once every 2 months of playing in club. I'm going to screen shot it and post it above my tv for next season.

if that's what it takes to get you to NOT play like shit like you normally do on the club, then I'll have to try to figure out some other "nice" things to say about you...

Red_Man

if that's what it takes to get you to NOT play like shit like you normally do on the club, then I'll have to try to figure out some other "nice" things to say about you...
There's the old grumpy man we know and love. I'm going to start imagining you as the Clint Eastwood now instead of that prison inmate picture in the OP.

pringles

I'd be interested in joining the VS league.. but I guess all games would be laggy messes due to me being over in the EU and everyone else in NA. :-/

Kazoo

I'm up for joining the VS League? Do I need to contact anyone? I'll take the Wings lol. Also playing on Xbox!!

Smiley90

Sorry for double post, but...

You won't start the league until at least the first roster update on Tuesday/Release day, right Marvie? Just so we get the most current rosters/stats/contracts etc into the league. Also, the GM Connected Companion app for iOS (with which you can do trades, free agent signings etc on the go) is also coming out Tuesday.

Phthisis

Roster update is already out.

BTW, I have a copy of the game right now, so if anyone also has one and would love to help me test out the GM Connected stuff over the weekend in a test league so I can get some capture/experience for the review next week, I would love you forever. PM me, please.

Smiley90

BTW, I have a copy of the game right now, so if anyone also has one and would love to help me test out the GM Connected stuff over the weekend in a test league so I can get some capture/experience for the review next week, I would love you forever. PM me, please.

Oh I thought there was a new one coming out Tuesday? or is that the one? Also quite a few of us have the season pass, including Marvie, so he might check it out.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry for double post, but...

You won't start the league until at least the first roster update on Tuesday/Release day, right Marvie? Just so we get the most current rosters/stats/contracts etc into the league. Also, the GM Connected Companion app for iOS (with which you can do trades, free agent signings etc on the go) is also coming out Tuesday.
Yeah, I won't set it up until Tuesday.

For the sim league: Are we going to just do a quick season in Sept?

I'll give you a hand if you want. Just send me a message on live.

Smiley90

looks like random rosters for GM Connected is broken :(

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8963276.page
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/8964249.page#24925590

the roster won't randomize with anything other than the default roster out of the box

even worse the "random" part isn't random at this point. Players end up together on the same team every time you randomize it, just assigned to a different NHL team. This is confirmed to be happening in different leagues.

Good thing we're not setting it up til Tuesday, hopefully they'll fix their algorithm til then... but damn, if it's not truly random, that's pretty gamebreaking. if we had to use default instead of current, meh, but not really random? ouch. esp since we'll have two leagues going, if they end up with the same teams... that's just boring.

Red_Man

I was just fiddling around with it and the menu system is all wonky and freezing up and shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
EA said:
An issue was discovered that when users created a GM connected league with roster type set to random, it would not always result in random rosters. This issue has now been fixed and leagues created from this point on will be able to use the randomize rosters option successfully.

In addition, we've fixed an issue where randomized rosters would present the same outcome multiple times. With the fix in place, randomized rosters will produce greater variety in their outcomes.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Smiley90

Just fyi, the NHL companion app (for GM connected & HUT) is now out for the iOS appstore, it's free!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am interested in the Versus league on Xbox 360. Minnesota Wild, if possible.

Does the random player system make teams pretty much even, or is there a chance a super team could emerge along with a super stinker?

Marvie_3

Banned
I am interested in the Versus league on Xbox 360. Minnesota Wild, if possible.

Does the random player system make teams pretty much even, or is there a chance a super team could emerge along with a super stinker?

It should make the teams fairly even, although it is EA so one person will most likely get an all-star team and somebody else will get the Blue Jackets.

I'll have the Sim League set up soon. For those in the Sim League, do we want to do a quicker season for September or split Sept/Oct up evenly and have 2 seasons of the same length?

Top Bottom