• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 |OT| You can't lock out virtual hockey

LOVE IT.

Great thread again Marvie_3. It's too bad the PS3 club has never really got up and running, but there clearly wasn't enough interest from people.

I however cannot wait to play this game. It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how badly it's actually broken though. There is no way the goalie AI is going to be as good as they are promising.

Remembered to put in my order on Amazon today. There's apparently a $15 Amazon credit if you preorder at this point, which is a pretty nice deal.

Hope the game'll keep me distracted from a lack of hockey this year.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
jbaLAIL9NaZ6en.jpg

"Includes a full copy of NHL 13!" Did they really have to advertise the fact that the collector's edition comes with a copy of the game? o_O

Love the OP. I think I'll stick with NHL12 for another year even if my PS3 is starting to feel a little neglected.

"Includes a full copy of NHL 13!" Did they really have to advertise the fact that the collector's edition comes with a copy of the game? o_O

Love the OP. I think I'll stick with NHL12 for another year even if my PS3 is starting to feel a little neglected.

That's because the Stanley Cup edition is possibly the worst special edition ever created in the history of video games. Ever.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Almost tempted to buy since Giroux is on the cover, but I've gotten so bad at NHL games over the past years.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Actually, if anyone can figure out how to lock out virtual hockey it'd be some sort of EA snafu where the online servers are borked and for some reason it affects your single player experience as well.

Polyphony

Haven't read much about this year's iteration, but is it confirmed that the PS3 retail version runs at a lower res than its counterpart? The demo was quite blurry during gameplay. Thanks.

Filth

Ive been counting down the days ready to play this game!!!! The demo just feels so much better.

Sober

Actually, if anyone can figure out how to lock out virtual hockey it'd be some sort of EA snafu where the online servers are borked and for some reason it affects your single player experience as well.

Ubisoft should start making sports games then.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The only hockey we'll get.

Join the simmed/versus leagues guys!

Quick

Banned
That's because the Stanley Cup edition is possibly the worst special edition ever created in the history of video games. Ever.

No kidding, dude.

"STEELBOOK! HUT TEAM PACK! BOOSTER PACK!

BEST OF ALL...

TEN! I SAY TEN! PERCENT OFF THE NHL STORE WITH A COUPON!"

I've never bothered pre-ordering NHL games, since stores keep a good stock of them in the first place. That Stanley Cup edition is a ripoff. Do not buy.

On another note, True performance skating alone already sold me. Skating improvement has been due for a long-ass time.

Smiley90

pretty sure the SIM league is full now, unless you guys are thinking about doing a 2nd one

we def need a couple more for the VS league though

Pretty sure some people won't play at all because signups were so early, so there'll
Be free spots soon.

Also Marvie will open up double-signus for both leagues once the game is out, then signups for the versus league will go up (e.g.i'll double signup asap)

I don't understand what I'm getting for an extra $20. Packs? Packs of what?

Is this game just a storefront?

NOTHING. Don't buy that crap. It's the worst thing ever, unless you play HUT....but I don't honestly know anyone who does other than for trophies/achievements.

Quick

Banned
I don't understand what I'm getting for an extra $20. Packs? Packs of what?

Is this game just a storefront?

Booster pack to give your Be A Pro player (online EASHL player or offline BAP) attribute boosts. HUT packs are cards with top tier players, giving you some sort of advantage by way of getting better players immediately (I think).

Like I said, not worth it at all.

Marvie_3

Banned
TEN! I SAY TEN! PERCENT OFF THE NHL STORE WITH A COUPON!"[/I]

I've never bothered pre-ordering NHL games, since stores keep a good stock of them in the first place. That Stanley Cup edition is a ripoff. Do not buy.

On another note, True performance skating alone already sold me. Skating improvement has been due for a long-ass time.
The NHL shop coupon is the only thing I'd want out of the $79 version. I'm not spending $200+ on the NHL shop to make up for the $20 difference so it's of no use to me. :lol

They need to fix puck/shooting physics for 14.

Quick

Banned
Will it be available to buy off the PS Store and Xbox Live day one?

The NHL shop coupon is the only thing I'd want out of the $79 version. I'm not spending $200+ on the NHL shop to make up for the $20 difference so it's of no use to me. :lol

They need to fix puck/shooting physics for 14.

I haven't touched the demo since the day it came out, but I gather it's about the same as NHL 12 and prior. In which case, yes, definitely.

Marvie_3

Banned
The early release will decide whether I buy the game at launch or a week after.
nice GMing

I haven't touched the demo since the day it came out, but I gather it's about the same as NHL 12 and prior. In which case, yes, definitely.

Proper shooting physics would cut down on a lot of the crap that goes on in these games.

It's too bad the PS3 club has never really got up and running, but there clearly wasn't enough interest from people.
You just need an awesome thread. :D

Smiley90

Dang it!! You are our GM for our EASHL team!!!!!

Also ya'll get ready to get crushed in GM connected with my superior trades that will all be denied by Marvie!

I'm actually SO stoked for the simmes GM connected league. Finally some real trade logic where "30th and 60th for 1st overall" doesn't work every year. Also, dumping crappy contracts. Free agency is gonna be craaaaazy. So stoked.

Nice work.

EA locked me out with their shit achievement list.

Yes, I'm that petty when it comes to
sports
video games.

Orca

I love the new skating, even if it's just a refining of the ability to skate backward that the series had already, but yeah they need to fix shooting/puck physics next. Definitely in day one :D

Filth

lol i had the special edition preordered. and now that i think about it. i never play hut. this is prob the worst special edition ive ever seen in a game to date in my life. any1 know if there is a midnight release in ny?

pringles

Skipped 12, looking forward to this though. The demo surprised me as I haven't been keeping up to date on vids/news. The graphics were a step up in realism and I thought the physics felt better.

Still expect to be screaming my lungs out at glitches and cheap goals while playing EASHL lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
Full soundtrack is out:

Anti-Flag - Broken Bones
Arkells - Whistleblower
Band of Skulls - The Devil Takes Care of His Own
Bassnectar - Pennywise Tribute (feat. Pennywise)
Battleme - Shoot the Noise, Man
Classified - Run with Me
Foxy Shazam - I Like It
Gaslight Anthem - 45
Monster Truck - Seven Seas Blues
My Darkest Days - Save Yourself
The Heavy - What Makes a Good Man
The Hives - I Want More (NHL 13 Mix)
The Offspring - Days Go By
Shinedown - Bully
Thousand Foot Krutch - Light Up The Sky
Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (Stadium Chant Mix)

Should have just picked an actual Pennywise song performed by Pennywise....

And what band has been on the most videogame soundtracks? Pennywise and Offspring must be right up there

Filth

Full soundtrack is out:

Anti-Flag - Broken Bones
Arkells - Whistleblower
Classified - Run with Me
Foxy Shazam - I Like It
Gaslight Anthem - 45
Shinedown - Bully

some awesome songs and couple that dont belong on that list :/

Full soundtrack is out:

Anti-Flag - Broken Bones
Arkells - Whistleblower
Classified - Run with Me
Foxy Shazam - I Like It
Gaslight Anthem - 45
Shinedown - Bully

I'll be sticking with my own Custom Soundtracks, thank you.

Stasis

Just previewed all those tracks to see what we were working with this year...

That's a pretty damn annoying soundtrack. Not that I'm really surprised, but I was hopeful. I might hang on to the Hives track, and possibly the Bassnectar cover, but the rest is getting deleted immediately. Yay for custom soundtracks!

Anyone feel like posting some custom tracklists they'll be using? I mean full songs for menus, not all the BIP, PP, Goal, Horns, etc.

C Jones

Marvie comes through like clockwork.

Liked what I played of the demo (as stingy as it was with it's five minute, no OT BS). Will either get as a bday gift next month or I'll grab it on sale. No rush for me as I'm a franchise player and the roster updates usually take a while.

Top Bottom