• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 |OT| You can't lock out virtual hockey

Boss Man

It's a damn shame that hockey is not a more popular sport (in the U.S.)- especially after the incredible 2012 playoffs.

RS4-

I disagree, I believe Dat Madden is game of the year with all the revolutionary changes in game play, graphics and roster.

I blame the Kings.

You make Drew sad.

Drew+Doughty+2012+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Game+0nQVoxP9Z1Ul.jpg

Good thing he has something else to make him happy...

SCJ12_25eB.jpg

Go Kings Go!

Nuklear

Banned
Full soundtrack is out:

Anti-Flag - Broken Bones
Arkells - Whistleblower
Band of Skulls - The Devil Takes Care of His Own
Bassnectar - Pennywise Tribute (feat. Pennywise)
Battleme - Shoot the Noise, Man
Classified - Run with Me
Foxy Shazam - I Like It
Gaslight Anthem - 45
Monster Truck - Seven Seas Blues
My Darkest Days - Save Yourself
The Heavy - What Makes a Good Man
The Hives - I Want More (NHL 13 Mix)
The Offspring - Days Go By
Shinedown - Bully
Thousand Foot Krutch - Light Up The Sky
Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (Stadium Chant Mix)

EA should just use generic music and spend the money they save on better gameplay. Most people I know just use custom music. I have my PS3 stocked with at least 5GB of tunes and that doesn't include the custom goal songs and such.

this game is gonna be so awesome. dont know if i should buy this or borderlands. and with halo 4 out in november ...
i made a promise to myself to never buy sports games new

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Damnit, they put Arkells - Whistleblower on it? I actually LIKE that song, but I know I'll hate it if I listen to it too long. Damn. WHY EA WHYYY. I usually don't put custom soundtrack on (I didn't have that many issues with the NHL11 soundtrack), I'll see how annoyed I get with this edition, esp since I'll probably be playing it more than I did with 11...

ATF487

EA should just use generic music and spend the money they save on better gameplay. Most people I know just use custom music. I have my PS3 stocked with at least 5GB of tunes and that doesn't include the custom goal songs and such.

I normally roll through podcasts when playing sports games...what is the commentary really going to add to the experience

And +1 to everything in this post.
Awesome job, dude.

I disagree, I believe Dat Madden is game of the year with all the revolutionary changes in game play, graphics and roster.

RS4, stop disagreeing with my groupie.

Dat Madden was the "Best Game of The Show" at E3 2012 according to GAF not GOTY

you need to come correct with your blasphemous prognostications, son

back on topic, here's some more videos for those that haven't been following closely

Presentation Overhaul
Defensive Improvements
GM Connected - Overview
GM Connected - More Details
Gameplay Improvements
True Performance Skating - Behind the Scenes

eznark

Banned
One of these years they are going to give me college teams and I will never buy another video game again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe a stupid question, but:

With an EA Season's Pass, how do you get the game early? On your 360? Can you pre-download the full game after entering a code?

Can't wait for this. Been forever since I played a club game in NHL '12. I'll try and join a club once I get used to the new changes of NHL '13.

Marvie_3

Banned
NHL 13 PS3 bundle announced for Canada

Untitled-1.jpg

Sony introduced a new PlayStation 3 bundle for NHL 13 when the game launches on September 11. It includes a 320GB PlayStation 3 and a copy of the game for $299.99. It's available at most retailers in Canada. Sony is also throwing in a month trial of PlayStation Plus.

Marvie_3

Banned
Subban and Eberle are the NHL players at the Midnight Release Parties in Montreal and Edmonton. I updated the info in the OP.

Man, the demo is so fun.

Smooth skating with the left stick, and bashing people with the right :D

I bet I'd be the only person in the UK to pick it up though, haha.

Did anyone else have trouble controlling their players on the defense when another team is attacking? I find that the movement controls really never seem to get any better on D.

Marvie_3

Banned
Did anyone else have trouble controlling their players on the defense when another team is attacking? I find that the movement controls really never seem to get any better on D.
Controls are fine. You really need to pay attention to your positioning and gap control this year.

I dunno, i always struggle on defense. I find it really hard just to get positioned properly with the controls being so floaty.

theRizzle

If anyone else has the Season Ticket and is gonna be playing in about 6 hours, add me and lets play!

XBL: TheRizzle

I press the button when the guy turns around and faces the incoming guys.

I'm talking about the left analog stick. You don't need to always hold it in the direction you want to skate. You can let go and glide with your momentum. The skating control is a lot more analog this year which helps gap control.

bradigor

Man, the demo is so fun.

Smooth skating with the left stick, and bashing people with the right :D

I bet I'd be the only person in the UK to pick it up though, haha.

Get it every year. In fact I know a fair few of us that will pick it up every year. :)

Hari Seldon

Against my better judgement I preordered this for the $15 credit on Amazon. I vowed after NHL11 I would get no more this gen unless they released it on PC, but the physics and AI improvements have me intrigued.

Top Bottom