• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 |OT| - Feature Lockout Edition

I thought everyone was skipping '15.

Is the PS3 version any good? I own '14, but I have spent maybe all of an hour with it.

I'm part of the problem. I now have both 14 (xbox 360) and 15 (PS4) but I want to play on the new hardware. I did buy a USED copy of NHL 15 for the PS4. (And I even paid more to get a used copy than a new copy.
KuGsj.gif
). But damn . . . the core game is pretty good. But the game modes are shit. And although next year will probably have more game modes, I doubt the game advances much. I think the hockey fan base is just too small.

I still would like NHL 2Kn . . . but that is never going to happen. There is just not enough money to support two AAA hockey games. Heck, apparently there is barely enough money to support one.

Anyone . . . What the fuck is 'Vision Control'? Seems to do absolutely nothing from what I can tell.

The Deke button on the other hand . . . that one is totally overloaded.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone . . . What the fuck is 'Vision Control'? Seems to do absolutely nothing from what I can tell.

The Deke button on the other hand . . . that one is totally overloaded.

Doesn't vision control allow you to skate backwards at any time or is that something else?

Is there a way to "search" for players in the PS4 version of NHL15? Like the way it was in nhl 14 where you could narrow down on players based on certain attributes.

atheris

Neo Member
Did anyone get a physical copy that doesn't intend to use the Gamecenter live code that came with it? I purchased it digitally which, of course, doesn't come with the code. I have a discount code for Origin that I could trade. Just PM me.

bumpkin

Did anyone get a physical copy that doesn't intend to use the Gamecenter live code that came with it? I purchased it digitally which, of course, doesn't come with the code. I have a discount code for Origin that I could trade. Just PM me.
I sub'ed to GCL last year and regretted it heartily. Thanks to regional blackouts and restrictions, I got to watch maybe 1 in 10 games for the team I got it to follow/watch.

Antti

I'm going to be one of the five guys from Finland to take part in a 1v1 tournament against the five best players from Sweden in Stockholm and Helsinki. A total of 10 games will be played by each player, and the winning team will get €5000. :)

oldergamer

What happened to this game after the last update. Is it me or is it incredibly difficult to score suddenly? I was doing great until i reach level 36 in online multi-player. my record was 40-29-8

Now in the last 15 games I've managed to score a goal in 5 games, and only two of those I scored more then 1 goal. in the other 10 games I got shut out. Now I can't score, in fact half the time I can hardly shoot a puck. Goalies stop everything or i hit the post or miss the net.

WTF EA what happened? I'm this close to breaking my disc in half and being done with these games.

Cudder

What happened to this game after the last update. Is it me or is it incredibly difficult to score suddenly? I was doing great until i reach level 36 in online multi-player. my record was 40-29-8

Now in the last 15 games I've managed to score a goal in 5 games, and only two of those I scored more then 1 goal. in the other 10 games I got shut out. Now I can't score, in fact half the time I can hardly shoot a puck. Goalies stop everything or i hit the post or miss the net.

WTF EA what happened? I'm this close to breaking my disc in half and being done with these games.

I haven't noticed too much of a change, though there is the odd game when I'm losing and I'll hit like 5 posts, which makes me raise my eyebrows.

Delt31

after playing this game since launch I can honestly say it's the BEST game of hockey put out by EA and is prob the same if not a tweak better than nhl 2k5. I know - modes are gone but if you're just looking for great hockey with great graphics (use the new camera on low settings - perfect balance) - get this game.

Seriously it's very good.

oldergamer

Sure if you excuse all the odd things that happen in the game totally out of your control. Like AI players not picking up the puck, getting stuck, being uncontrollable at times, etc...

bumpkin

after playing this game since launch I can honestly say it's the BEST game of hockey put out by EA and is prob the same if not a tweak better than nhl 2k5. I know - modes are gone but if you're just looking for great hockey with great graphics (use the new camera on low settings - perfect balance) - get this game.

Seconded. I have been thoroughly enjoying my time with the game, missing modes or not. I mean yeah, I do feel for the people whose desire to get the game lived-or-died with the presence of the EASHL mode, but that was my least played mode when I had NHL '10 several years back. The fact that I'm also getting 3-4 years worth of game play upgrades all at once probably has given me rose-tinted glasses, but I don't care; I'm having fun with it!

Cudder

Ironically, this year, the year where they gutted out modes, is the year when I actually branched out and tried HUT and other modes I didn't play in prior years games. *shrug*

I'm going to be one of the five guys from Finland to take part in a 1v1 tournament against the five best players from Sweden in Stockholm and Helsinki. A total of 10 games will be played by each player, and the winning team will get €5000. :)
Good luck. You are a monster at NHL, that money is your's easily

Ironically, this year, the year where they gutted out modes, is the year when I actually branched out and tried HUT and other modes I didn't play in prior years games. *shrug*
Well you didn't have much of a choice did you...

Stupid questions but thought I'd ask:

Anyway to team up with someone online and play against the CPU?
Not a stupid question and no it's not in. You can't even team up with a guest to play an online opponent anymore

I ask for this "play the cpu with an online buddy" mode every year in wish lists on operationsports and the official forums. I even got one of the devs to reply to me about it before NHL14 came out so I know they are aware some people want this. Maybe in NHL19... :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Bought it used and I agree about it being the best rendition so far. They're still scumbags for gutting all the modes, but the actually game play itself on next gen systems is by far the best they've ever produced.

Quick

Banned
I picked up the game. It plays well, and it looks gorgeous, but the menu needs some work.

Are they going to update St. Louis' jersey set?

MilesTeg

Banned
Can anyone with the PS3 version tell me how the userbase is for EASHL? NHL 14 player base is shrinking significantly, as well as declining in quality for drop in games. It's becoming a pain to get games started and the quality is dropping bad.

Even if the game is essentially a $60 roster update, if the online userbase is there, I want to buy. I would be game sharing it anyway. However I don't want to buy it if the userbase isn't there. I really have no interest in playing offline at this point so I don't want to waste $60.

So um I sometimes play NHL games at a buddy's house and enjoy playing with friends.

NHL 04 was was our favourite. So simple and fun.

Dabbed in the series since then by playing at friends' houses, only ever owned 2K5 and 2K6 which I loved, especially for the party modes.

I wont get '15 for the lack of features, but I see that they dropped two contnet drops...are most people happy now? Or is there still a long way to go?

Also, generally speaking, if I wanted a hockey game to have when friends are over, I am thinking of grabbing a PS3 copy of some version... which one is considered the best anyway?

Since Im a casual enough fan, it wont bother me to have the latest

Quick

Banned
Be A GM is going to take some getting used to, just from how the menu is laid out.

I also invested so much time in my Be A GM game in NHL 14 that I keep going back to that. I've been playing with the one team since the game came out last year. It's hard going back to square one.

Cudder

Hey Everyone,

Just another quick update. Online Team Play has passed through first party certification with Microsoft and Sony and we are looking at a release within the next two weeks. The OTP included in the content update will be 5v5 ranked, and will be an important building block for EASHL in future iterations of the franchise.

We will continue to keep you updated on any upcoming changes.

Thanks,
Rammer & Team

Antti

A little update on this: we're leading the tournament 38-15 in points going into Helsinki.

Antti

congrats

we know who to hit up for a loan now...

Thanks buddy!

I went 6-2-2 (W-OTL-L), so it didn't go that well personally, but the main thing is I gathered more points than I conceded. Should've won them all though!

The tournament was REALLY well organized, they paid for all our flights, hotels, food, taxis etc. The only money I spent was spent on souvenirs.

Tried playing this game for the first time in weeks, still just as awful. Such a letdown, not that I ever thought EA hockey was that good, but having skipped last year I was just excited for some next-gen hockey. This game absolutely should have been $19.99.

djblue89

The November update is out. OTP is in.

To get the new jerseys to work you need to update to the lastest (Oct 20th) roster. Here are some pics of the jerseys that I just took.
oH91r2T.jpg

hwVfgy4.jpg

346YxKi.jpg

BUOrWvH.jpg

Cudder

I quit in the middle of the 1st period of the first game I tried, so laggy. Also you can only do Ranked OTP, so that means good luck trying to play with friends.

Does the OTP affect your online ranked ranking or is there a separate online record for OTP?

So um I sometimes play NHL games at a buddy's house and enjoy playing with friends.

NHL 04 was was our favourite. So simple and fun.

Dabbed in the series since then by playing at friends' houses, only ever owned 2K5 and 2K6 which I loved, especially for the party modes.

I wont get '15 for the lack of features, but I see that they dropped two contnet drops...are most people happy now? Or is there still a long way to go?

Also, generally speaking, if I wanted a hockey game to have when friends are over, I am thinking of grabbing a PS3 copy of some version... which one is considered the best anyway?

Since Im a casual enough fan, it wont bother me to have the latest

It's still missing so much. Be a Pro still sucks because of the lack of simulating between shifts (which means instead of having to earn your time to play in a full 20 min period game, you're just given 80% of ice time in 5 min periods so that you're not sitting on the bench even if you are a 3rd or 4th liner). That and missing the whole CHL part of BAP which also sucks.

The whole minor league system has been cut out of Be a GM. EASHL still isn't there. Online Leagues aren't there.

And then even with the gameplay I had issues with it-- the CPU's pass accuracy is way too good and defense really sucks this year (pokechecks are horrible now, no way to tie up players in front of the net anymore, gap control is terrible).

I'll have to play the latest patch because it sounds like they tried to address some of the issues.

Cudder

They really need to focus on defense next year. It's way too limiting. Even when I'm standing in front of an opposing player in front of my net, I'm always worried he's going to receive a pass and put it in the net. I never get the feeling that I'm "covering" anybody.

They really need to focus on defense next year. It's way too limiting. Even when I'm standing in front of an opposing player in front of my net, I'm always worried he's going to receive a pass and put it in the net. I never get the feeling that I'm "covering" anybody.
YUP. This is the exact problem I have. I know as soon as the CPU passes the puck to someone in front of the net its a goal even if I'm in position.

depward

I know it's almost borderline EASHL, but would be great if they could somehow allow people to "party up" and launch into an OTP game.

I know, dreams and desires, but chomping at the bit for a reason to pick this up (EASHL-only player for the last three years) and I don't want to try to do the whole, "OK everyone, hit 'find game' in 3-2-1..." chance game.

Frustrating.

keezy

If you play online the game basically becomes Pokecheck Simulator 2015.

This is accurate.

People just back up to the goalie and spam the poke check button if you're on a 1 on 1.

Very frustrating as of late. I've lost like 5 games in a row because of this. I'm 22-10 right now.

Top Bottom