• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 |OT| - Feature Lockout Edition

Grand Optimist

Neo Member
I found it atrocious how the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team companion app is already up, and there is no sign of an NHL 15 one making an appearance. That was one of my favourite features :(

Controller color on PS4 not matching the player icon is just WEAK.

Game not showing up in my library even though I own it is WEAK.

Barely finished a game online because the netcode is shit is WEAK.

No hats for a hat trick, but they recorded the audio of the commentator telling me to look at all the hats.

Why EA.

Why tell me to look at the hats that aren't there.

keezy

I haven't had any issues with disconnects on xbone.

My biggest annoyance is the fact that you don't realize you have a delayed penalty against you until the announcers tell you. Then the 'Delayed Penalty' banner appears. There's like a 5-10 second delay.

bumpkin

I'm so weak.

NHL 15 is shit. But I still want it because I have a hockey itch.
Is this based on having played it or just being another "EASHL is missing troll"?

Seriously, there is a really solid hockey game here. I've had way more fun with 15 than I did with 10, missing modes or not. I've got the ability to play games against friends in my living room and to play a season against the CPU. That's all I need.

I know, I'm part of the problem. Sorry guys. I wanted a new hockey game. :(

Seriously, there is a really solid hockey game here. I've had way more fun with 15 than I did with 10, missing modes or not. I've got the ability to play games against friends in my living room and to play a season against the CPU. That's all I need.

I guess I'm part of the problem too as I'm really enjoying it:) I know it is missing a ton of modes and features, but the game play is really solid. the puck physics in particular make the game so much better than the last version.

jacobeid

Banned
Sent this game back to gamefly because it's too damn buggy. I could count multiple times during a game where one of my players would blatantly go offsides and the linesmen wouldn't catch it. Several times I had a puck IN the net and it didn't register. Couple that with the fact that you get the traditional video game BS of the other team pulling out all the stops and scoring off of some terrible wrister from the blue line with under a minute left and it became one of the most frustrating games I've played in recent memory.

Had absolutely no fun with the game other than the fact that the mechanics felt good.

Next year maybe. Sad.

Cudder

I'm so weak.

NHL 15 is shit. But I still want it because I have a hockey itch.

The game plays really well. If you're that into all of the modes that were removed maybe I'd pass, but if you just wanna play a game of hockey, it's great.

The netcode is hit and miss with me. Sometimes it's how it usually is, with some lag in the controls, but every so often I'll get into a few games with little to NO lag in them. Truly something to behold. NHL 14 online was fucking trash, that didn't stop me from playing it all year though.

My biggest annoyance is the fact that you don't realize you have a delayed penalty against you until the announcers tell you. Then the 'Delayed Penalty' banner appears. There's like a 5-10 second delay.

yeah this is pretty weird.

Cudder

I guess I'm part of the problem too as I'm really enjoying it:) I know it is missing a ton of modes and features, but the game play is really solid. the puck physics in particular make the game so much better than the last version.

I love how when you shoot on the goalie, you literally have no idea where/how the puck is going to rebound. It makes just shooting on net pretty intense/satisfying.

Antti

That's a 'feature' in their new NBC broadcast package. When you're watching a game, that's about the amount of time it takes for the graphic to pop up. Still annoying though.

The game plays really well. If you're that into all of the modes that were removed maybe I'd pass, but if you just wanna play a game of hockey, it's great.

Be a GM mode probably does most of what I need. But I don't want to reward such a half-baked game.

I'll look for a used copy. Lots of new copies out there but I Want USED so I'm just part of the used game market, not the new market.

I've played for a couple hours on EA Access. Definitely still some bugs but it is fun.

It feels unfinished, even on the ice in some respects. However, it's still fun.

This is, unfortunately, an $80 stepping stone.

I'm enjoying Be a Pro, though it hasn't hooked me like previous years have.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I played a bit from my EA trial today, it's a shame the game is so gutted because it's one of the best playing NHL games in years. I'll grab a copy used because I love VS / Be A GM, but there's no way I'm giving EA a dime for this as it is.

GravyButt

I'm convinced that there is an ice tilt. I win only, like, half of the games I play.

Yup. Like others say I hate the random super human mutant team that shows up when the ai is down in the last two minutes.

Not always but sometimes. Although one time I was up 4-1 with 2 minutes left and they tied it up........da f.

Is this based on having played it or just being another "EASHL is missing troll"?

I dont think you're wrong. I actually think the gameplay is better than it has been in a while. Overall though, there is just nothing to do in this game. I miss EASHL and multiple player online play now so much

No hats for a hat trick, but they recorded the audio of the commentator telling me to look at all the hats.

Why EA.

Why tell me to look at the hats that aren't there.

KuGsj.gif

Why didn't they take two minutes and take that audio line out of there?

I am weak. I have joined the dark side. I won an eBay auction on a USED copy of NHL 15 for PS4 that should be coming eventually. I'm sorry. I just wanted to play some current gen hockey . . . at least I didn't buy a new copy. I've been having fun with the Xbone NHL 15 EA Access trial but I'm running out of time.

And I have a copy of NHL 14 for the xbox 360 which I haven't got around to playing with which I want to use to play online. I play to play that with some Gaffers (but I will suck).

Edit: Oh . . . and fuck you, 2K sports for not growing a pair and at least trying NHL 2Kn for this generation. You could have OWNED hockey if you merely recompiled NHL 2K10 (with all its features) for last year and this year.

keezy

Yesterday I was playing this and realized there's no music really. The previous NHL's had great in-game music. I was sitting in the menu's waiting to play one of my friends and noticed it was just some stupid generic music playing. The only time I hear music is before faceoff's and stuff. Pretty lame.

bumpkin

Yesterday I was playing this and realized there's no music really. The previous NHL's had great in-game music. I was sitting in the menu's waiting to play one of my friends and noticed it was just some stupid generic music playing. The only time I hear music is before faceoff's and stuff. Pretty lame.
I think the more peculiar thing is EA said something about it being difficult and/or expensive to get each team's authentic post-goal music yet the game is loaded with a bunch of (shitty) licensed music.

terrible

Banned
I don't know why but them emphasizing "free" with this update annoys me, like it's something we should be truly thankful for.

I don't know why but them emphasizing "free" with this update annoys me, like it's something we should be truly thankful for.

Totally agree. With everything that has gone down with this game, its extremely annoying. People like to say X game is not worth $60, and a lot of the time they are just asking too much, but this is a situation where this game REALLY isn't worth $60. Throwing in "free" content update for a game that is stripped down in modes, where they are adding back things the game already had, is definitely offensive.

Its probably some idea that some idiot in marketing had, thinking that people would respond positively to it. Gamers are not dumb, especially the niche subset of gamers that play NHL games.

I hope this isn't bannable?

Saw this on Reddit, thought I'd toss it here:

NHL 15 sold less than 94,000 units across ALL platforms in first week.
http://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/2h5p0u/nhl_15_sold_less_than_94000_units_across_all/

The info is from ******** (gross).

Some dude compared the vhchartz data this year compared to last year and it's nearly a 30% decrease YoY.

SO, not the most credible spot for data, but comparison data says something.

** It apparently doesn't count for digital sales, but it's still down quite a bit. **

I was under the impression that NHL 14 HUT players would be getting some kind of bonus for playing NHL 15 HUT. Is that still happening?

Won't play this mode until this is in.

The worst part of it is that my game likes to glitch. I'll load up BAP and enter into a game without thinking. Then, I'll start playing, score a couple goals and realize it's set to 20 minute periods and have to exit out.

It's done this two or three times, even though I set the periods for 5 mins.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
This game is not as fun as last year. I am really disappointed and very glad that I got this though Gamefly instead of buying.

Delt31

After the recent gameplay patch, this game is running really well. For those skeptical, biy it used - price is dropping already. It plays a VERY good game of hockey.

NateGrigs

The worst part of it is that my game likes to glitch. I'll load up BAP and enter into a game without thinking. Then, I'll start playing, score a couple goals and realize it's set to 20 minute periods and have to exit out.

It's done this two or three times, even though I set the periods for 5 mins.

This happens to me too. The camera also gets reset......Quite a pain in the ass.

Kalm

Weren't we supposed to get the updated draft mode this month?

This is how my first BaGM season went:

- Dismantled the Canucks; ended up with 6th, 9th and 21st picks overall.
- CPU uses all three first rounders on unscouted goaltenders. Even for the Canucks, this is stupid.
- Eichel and Hanifin aren't in the game. McDavid goes 24th overall...

SMH. Not touching this hot mess until it's fixed.

Also, am I slow or is there absolutely no way to set persistent team and line strategies? Do I really have to use these laggy menus to adjust them before every single game?

Top Bottom